Dodge Challenger Forum banner

5.7L Based Stroker Questions!

18K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  pacman2012 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a 2015 Challenger R/T Obviously with a 5.7L Hemi

A few questions: They say a 6.1 is just a bored out 5.7

But they say only a 6.1 can be stroked to say a 440

So answer me this...why cant a 5.7?
Does the 6.1 NOT require boring when doing a 426 and 440?
Does the 5.7 NOT require boring when doing the 392 and 410?

Another:

What has been the reliability with stroking a 5.7 from your alls experiences thus far. IE the 392....410...426...and 440...

And the biggest question...what is the HP gain from the 392 stroker and the gain with the 410 stroker...same price it seems. but all the descriptions say "30%"

And another has anyone done a stroker with the 274 Comp Cam and was there anything else you had to change besides the stroker kit(pistons crank rods etc) and cam like lifters rollers etc?

Thanks ahead of time - i see lots of info on youtube and dynos but rarely see HP results...maybe they were embarrassed that they spent money and barely gained? who knows...

See less See more
#2 ·
The 6.1 is not the same block, period, iirc. It's very similar in some dimensions, but not derived from the Eagle block, at all.

#4 ·
I was going to do either the 5.7 base 410 or the 6.1 base 426 but can't find anyone in my area to do the install. BESracing is 50 minutes away but everytime I call them a woman answers the phone and says
everyone is busy. She takes my number but they never call back. A coworker said he's going to call his cousin and see if he has time to do it. If all works out hopefully I can give you some numbers on that 410.

#5 ·
I'd be worried about this performance shop...

BESracing is 50 minutes away but everytime I call them a woman answers the phone and says
everyone is busy. She takes my number but they never call back. A coworker said he's going to call his cousin and see if he has time to do it.

Sounds like "bubba" is going to find time to work on your car. It could take months before they complete it. Maybe it's just the fact that they don't call back. I wouldn't trust them. Perhaps you would be better off taking it long distance to a reputable speed shop.

#7 ·
Thanks for the replies so far!

Im interested in Procharging the 5.7L which will be close to par with a 392 and eventually doing the stroker kit or vice versa - i can do the procharger myself, the stroker i would need to pay someone to do, so cost wise it would be close to the same.

its just the biggest advantage to stroking the 5.7 is forged pieces which will give me better peace of mind.

#8 ·
#13 ·
I'm running a 6.0L stroker motor for the past 5 years in my 09 Challenger it was built for a boosted application so 9:1 CR it's been a solid motor and takes everything that has been thrown at it currently running a street tune right around 688rwhp and 658rwtq 13psi. BTW I would suggest doing your heads also If I had to do it over I would go with the 392 kit it just makes serious power and the geometry is perfect IMO :guiness:

#14 ·
BTW I would suggest doing your heads also If I had to do it over I would go with the 392 kit it just makes serious power and the geometry is perfect IMO :guiness:
This is exactly what the guys at Arrington Performance told me also. I wanted to go with the 5.7 based 410, but was told the bore is too big and not compatible with boost. They said the 5.7 based 392 is a monster with boost.

Reactions: Flat Top
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.