Dodge Challenger Forum banner

392?

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Flat Top 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I have a 2014 RT classic. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to pull out the 5.7 and put in a 392 and sell the 5.7. What do you think my cost difference would be in cost? And any other ideas to get another hundred horsepower without spending more than $2000?

#6 ·
Might be easier to just sell your car and get an 11-14 srt8. Not only would you get the 392 motor, you'd get much better brakes and suspension.

Also if your looking for 100+ hp with a 2000 dollar budget, nitrous is your only real option...

#7 ·
Read my thread above. I am litterally doing the same build on the same year and model challenger. Honestly if $2k is your budget your going to be hard pressed to find a 392 for that. Hell I paid $2800 for a low mileage short block! Honestly you'll be lucky to get 1,200-$1,500 for your 5.7. Nobody is looking for them right now and mine has become a paper weight in the garage. Realistically plan to spend around 4k for a good used motor and another $700 to properly tune it. Unless you find a real good deal like I did on my 392 then I'd hold off. I'm also doing all the labor myself. If you have any questing a feel free to pm me

#8 ·
You wont go far with 2k,,, cant even get close to building anything with that amount.
Maybe put in a cam or some minor mods. Converter and basic hit of NOS. Heck a rotating stroker kit is 3 g and then gaskets and labor come in.
Save your coin till you have what you need to do it right, then make some steam.
FlatTop

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.