5.7 R/T TT build - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Builds For those who want to talk about in depth builds.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-21-2016, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: -1 reviews
(Thread Starter)
5.7 R/T TT build

I'm looking for a little advice here. I am dropping my 2013 R/T Automatic off this Friday for a pretty substantial build. I have three options and I'm wondering what the best bang for the buck will be.

I have an estimate for a twin turbo set up with a new fuel system, boost controller and methane injection. I have another with the same and then adding forged internals thus increasing the boost/HP. And finally I'm beginning to think about doing a 392 stroker forged internals and the same TT kit. Obviously I know which one will make the most power but I'm wondering if it's worth the money.

This car will not be on the strip, this is currently a daily driver but will become a weekend toy after this build. I have never owned a car with 600-700HP so I'm sure that it will blow me away regardless of which build I choose.

Before you start telling me to sell the car and buy a Hellcat/Scat Pack, I love this car, I love the way it looks. I have gotten more compliments on this car than any car/truck I've ever owned. I want THIS car but I want it to embarrass any and all Camaros and Mustangs that pull up next to me (I know there is always someone faster).

I'm also VERY concerned about putting that much power to the ground. I already have a hard time hooking up on the current tires (Nitto Motivas). I want this baby to look like a lowly stock R/T so that all these EVOs and STIs and Mustangs.......get a nice shock when I grow very small very quickly. Just wondering if anyone has a similar build and what they wish they had done differently. Thanks!!

So here are the specifics:

PT6266 GEN2 CEA with Ball Bearing upgrades
Forged Crank, Rods and Pistons
All ARP Bolts
Head Studs
GReddy ProFec Boost Controller
JBA Headers 1965SJT
Diablo i2010
Dyno Street Tune
ID1000 injectors
Meth kit - M15 nozzle, 3 gal vortech
NGK Iridium spark plugs
LX/LC/LD L3 Fuel System
Walbro GSS342 primary
TI Auto F9000002667 secondary

Last edited by steveneth; 04-21-2016 at 08:21 AM. Reason: more info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 12:39 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This is so funny to me, I'll be doing the exact same thing with my 13 Challenger, going with a Hellion tuner kit though. No telling you to sell anything from me. I can tell you that turbos don't care rather what the short block is. They spool and blow air no matter what. That being said, I'd go with forged internals just to stay on the safe side when it comes to running boost. Before I purchase the kit for my ride, I'll be strengthen my suspension and clutch to handle the power I intend to make. I'll have to do my build over time, and myself due to wife and kids. Just found out I have another on the way. Fun times in my world right now. Good luck with the build, and please let me know how happy you end up with the car when you are finished. If it is anything like I envision I'm sure you will love it. Lastly I applaud you for building your ride, as oppose to buying a Hellcat (not that there is anything wrong with that route). I firmly believe when I finish with my R/T it can be faster than a Hellcat for much less money spent. Take care and good luck to you with your build.

2013 Challenger R/T M6
2013 Durango R/T
2002 Dakota Sport QC
1991 Dakota Sport
1963 Dart 170
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 04:35 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Ok well the car is dropped off. Looks like I'm not gonna go with forged internals YET........ Might change my mind before all is said and done. I did add the new loudvalves to the build. I am sitting in Iraq for the next 9 months while the build is happening. I can't wait to get back and watch the 392, Camaro SS and Mustang drivers scratching their heads as I disappear into the distance!!

2013 Challenger Redline R/T Auto
1036 RWHP/978ftlbs TRQ at 20psi
392 fully forged stroker
Twin 67/66 Precision Turbos
Hellion Twin Turbo kit
NAG-1 1000hp Paramount trans
Methanol Injection
Magnaflow full exhaust
Loudvalves boost controlled cut-outs
RGV pro lighting headlights
more to come....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-19-2016, 10:57 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

You can only run about 7-8 psi on non forged internals. So you may make 550hp tops. You forge it, then turn the boost up to 12psi and start making much more power.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Stone White R/T
D1 w/ Stage II FMIC | 85mm Ported Throttle Body
ARH Longtubes | Corsa Sport Exhaust |
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-20-2016, 04:17 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yeah I know, and believe me I go back and forth on it everyday. I'm really tempted to get a forged 392 stroker kit and then turn up the boost and HOLD ON!!! I'm trying to keep the build cost semi-reasonable but then, WTH, it's only money, they print more everyday.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 05:04 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
OK so back to the forged internals. Actually going to do a forged 392 stroker
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-24-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveneth View Post
OK so back to the forged internals. Actually going to do a forged 392 stroker
SWEET!! Keep us posted and thank you for your service!

'10 Challenger R/T Classic
Flowmaster Force II cat back, K&N branded CAI with Amsoil dry synthetic filter, Diablo Predator 91 CAI tune,
Mopar '11+ IAT sensor, Mopar hood struts, RPI stealth guards, R/T spoiler emblem

post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 07:12 PM

Garage
When you go with the forged 392 stroker, will you be buying the kit or having a shop do the build? Don't you need to have oil squirters machined into the block when you go with a 392 stroker?

____________________________________________________________ __

2013 RT Plus | 2016 - RC2 CAI, Ported 392 intake, JG Stage 1 high lift cam, JBA Long tubes and catless mids, 3" Heartthrob exhaust, HP Tuners, IM LC-2, 3.91 gears and FTI 3000-3200 = 12.09 @112.42 - 1.62 60ft NA
2017 - Whipple
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 02:41 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Anyone from middle Tennessee will probably be familiar with the shop, it's DBR High Performance. The engine is out and will be sent to his Mopar engine expert for the forged 392 build, to include high flowing heads and a cam that is designed for forced induction. I won't be back from Iraq until Jan-Feb 2017 so there is no rush. Going to have plenty of time to build it correctly. I'm still toying with the idea of building the tranny as well. Very excited about the build, but the price keeps going up, lol. Guess that's the cost of HP and fun. And I have no idea why the forum rotated the pics when I uploaded them, oh well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1 (2).JPG
Views:	198
Size:	572.6 KB
ID:	702090   Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.JPG
Views:	192
Size:	672.6 KB
ID:	702098  
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-14-2016, 06:56 AM

Thanked 1,014 Times in 678 Posts
Good luck on the build. You're also going to need half shafts to keep the power down. What are you looking to run on low boost? Plus, tuning these cars for twin turbos will be a major pain in the butt so who is going to tune it? There's a reason why so many people go supercharged but you have the same idea that I do. I would love to twin turbo my Challenger but the tuning has me concerned about it as these cars lean out under partial throttle.

I love American muscle cars like a thrice-divorced 45-year old tax attorney loves barely legal coeds. That is to say; passionately, inappropriately and almost certainly inadequately while muttering whispered apologies to the beautiful thing I am probably ruining forever.

To those who call me crazy: the difference between genius and insanity is measured only by success.

Nobody messes with the GoMachine!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications > Builds

Tags
methane injection , tires , twin turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode