Alright..6.4 Cam.. - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications > Builds

Builds For those who want to talk about in depth builds.

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2012, 06:51 AM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Alright..6.4 Cam..

I have searched the web high and low about putting the 6.4 cam in the 5.7. I've looked through multiple challenger, charger and truck forums and im hoping to just get all the info in one place for me and anyone else who is interested. I know it does work with the limiter, need the springs as well.. do the lifters need to change? Looking for anything that will need to be bought for the install..

And please!? someone tell me they have dyno numbers or any kind of results on this lol I've read over 4 hours on this subject and am barely better of than when I started!

Thanks in advanced for the help guys!
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2012, 08:59 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by Lv6spd View Post
I have searched the web high and low about putting the 6.4 cam in the 5.7. I've looked through multiple challenger, charger and truck forums and im hoping to just get all the info in one place for me and anyone else who is interested. I know it does work with the limiter, need the springs as well.. do the lifters need to change? Looking for anything that will need to be bought for the install..

And please!? someone tell me they have dyno numbers or any kind of results on this lol I've read over 4 hours on this subject and am barely better of than when I started!

Thanks in advanced for the help guys!
Comments from a different forum:

A 5.7 car just left Arrington yesterday with a 8# pound boost magnacharger and the new 6.4 cam and made 528rwhp. The 6.4 cam is showing big gains with no cam phasers. This cam is $75.00, super cheap mod right there compared to all cams out right now.

That cam is really impressing them, looks about like 40 rwhp as a stand alone item. That would be a huge increase for the cost, beats the 300.00 to 700.00 cam set ups by a mile. Just make sure if you order one from chrysler to get the right one, there is a automatic/mds one and the stick one.

Headers, custom tune and this cam could give a NA car a good little increase. The cam specs are .577 intake .537 exhaust.Duration is286/288.

Hope this helps.

2009 Challenger R/T auto: Inferno Red, SRT Shorty's/mids, Corsa catback, Dynotune (350whp/390wtq), Aria CAI, Modern Muscle 85mm Throttle Body, Moroso Catch Can, BC Racing Coilovers, 20" Boss 338's, Continental DWS 245/45/20R (front), 275/45/20R (rear), Diablo Sport Predator, Mopar T-shifter and pedal covers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2012, 01:43 PM

And now the price will go from $75.00 to at least $575.00. Same thing happened with the Bullet mustang upper intakes, people found out that it was a really cheap and easy upgrade and a month later the price had quadrupled. The price for the SRT8 suspension has also been creeping up it's gone form $450.00 up to $485.00 on moparsupercenter for no reason other than it's becoming a popular mod.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by AZ MSCL View Post
Comments from a different forum:

A 5.7 car just left Arrington yesterday with a 8# pound boost magnacharger and the new 6.4 cam and made 528rwhp. The 6.4 cam is showing big gains with no cam phasers.
Hope this helps.
That would be me. I can't speak to the changes specific to the cam swap alone as I had new heads, headers, blower, etc all at once. But man does it sound mean and move quickly. Very happy.

528 rwhp / 503 tq

11.7 @ 119

2010 PCM Swap, 8lb Magnacharger, Arrington 85mm Thottle Body, Arrington CAI, Arrington heads, American Racing long tubes, 6.4 Cam, Tuned by AJ

Speedlogix Strut Tower Brace - Zoomers Cat-Back - SRT8 Struts, Shocks & Springs - Lexani Staggered 20" - Nitto INVO 245/295

Old 10-25-2012, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by BlackRT2011 View Post
That would be me. I can't speak to the changes specific to the cam swap alone as I had new heads, headers, blower, etc all at once. But man does it sound mean and move quickly. Very happy.
I'd love to do this to my '09, is there a way to get a build sheet from Arrington?
Old 10-25-2012, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by BlackRT2011 View Post
Nice mods, and super nice car. Congrats!!
'11 GWE SRT Challenger - traded
Old 10-25-2012, 03:08 PM

Photos: (1)
Anyone have part # for auto/mds 6.4 cam?
Old 10-25-2012, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by conceptmachine View Post
Nice mods, and super nice car. Congrats!!
Thank you!
Old 10-25-2012, 08:20 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via AIM to JeffsGonePlumCrazy
Yes!!! Heck yea part numbas if you got em please.
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic, 6 Speed, Plum Crazy Pearl, White R/T Stripes, SRT Airbox, Mopar Hi-Flow Drop-In Filter, MBRP Cool-Duals Exhaust, Jet 180' T-Stat, BT Catch Can, Custom Dyno tune from Henson Performance w/Predator, and a 392 IAT sensor

When the Tires break loose..... STAY IN IT!!!!!!!!!!
Untuned Dyno Numbers 340.3rwhp 372.8rwtq
Tuned Dyno Numbers 359.8rwhp 397.8rwtq

Old 10-25-2012, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Talon View Post
And now the price will go from $75.00 to at least $575.00. Same thing happened with the Bullet mustang upper intakes, people found out that it was a really cheap and easy upgrade and a month later the price had quadrupled. The price for the SRT8 suspension has also been creeping up it's gone form $450.00 up to $485.00 on moparsupercenter for no reason other than it's becoming a popular mod.
I see at another Dodge parts website the cam is 64$. The valve springs have different part numbers, and they look to be around 12$ each. I would assume they fit in the 5.7 just swapping, but we all know where assuming gets you. Maybe a quality aftermarket spring is needed?

I work about 3 miles from moparsupercenter and I will stop by tomorrow on my lunch break and see if I can pick one up for about the same price. They also have the best price on the 392 chin spoiler. I might get that as well.

I am in no big hurry to put in the 6.4 cam but I will have it for when the Diablo tuning comes available and I know a little more about the springs. My wife will **** a brick when she sees me tearing down the new car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications > Builds

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.