2010 dodge challenger slow acceleration - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Performance Modifications Want to talk about performance modifications for your Dodge Challenger? This is the forum for that. Anything from exhaust systems to power adders and everything in between. (Dodge Challenger Performance Modifications)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 01:38 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2010 dodge challenger slow acceleration

I just purchased a 2010 dodge challenger se. I noticed upon driving it more that it has a really slow acceleration. I would gun it but it doesnt accelerate how the car looks like it should. Is it just me that has this problem or is this how the car is made. If so what type of modifications can i do to boost up the acceleration.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 01:51 AM

You'll need to take it back and get at minimum, an R/T. I've never experience slow acceleration in my R/T unless I have it in the wrong gear. Even then, it still has plenty of power to get up in speed quickly when one gear to high.
#3 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 01:13 PM

(Thread Starter)
I was originally trying for the rt but due to my bad credit the se was all that i was qualified for. Anyone else able to chime in here that has a se with the same problem? Maybe i just need a tuneup?
#4 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 02:03 PM

Your car is a tad underpowered and a tad overweight...which results in slow acceleration. Have fun with your SE, get your credit in order and when you can, upgrade to at least a 2011 or higher SXT, if not an R/T.

The amount of Money you are going to through into your SE for CAI, exhaust, Predator, you might get the 55HP your car is missing from the SXT. Not to mention the better suspension, steering and interior of an '11(+).

You'd be better off just saving that cash as a downpaymenet when you can swing it.

2012 Blue Streak SXT
#5 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 02:11 PM

I test drove a 2010 se just to see how well I fit in the challenger. I was a bit concerned about how sluggish it was and how loose the suspension was. I couldn't believe the difference between it and my 2011 RT classic with STP. Nice tight suspension and plenty of power.

Unfortunately, it's normal for your challenger.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
#6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcaub View Post
Your car is a tad underpowered and a tad overweight...which results in slow acceleration. Have fun with your SE, get your credit in order and when you can, upgrade to at least a 2011 or higher SXT, if not an R/T.

The amount of Money you are going to through into your SE for CAI, exhaust, Predator, you might get the 55HP your car is missing from the SXT. Not to mention the better suspension, steering and interior of an '11(+).

You'd be better off just saving that cash as a downpaymenet when you can swing it.
55hp is a bit extreme. Those company's that build add ons promise a lot but from my personal dyno experience and let down I assure you that is a tall order. Headers, cai, tune, exhaust, tstat, tbody made only 20hp at the wheels. FACT!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
#7 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 12:41 AM

(Thread Starter)
So basically you guys are saying my challenger se is doomed with no hope. And my only option is to wait for my credit to go up and trade it with a rt.
#8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 02:25 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I like the SE.... And If I had to build my credit, what better car to do it, than a Challenger SE!!!

R/T (used to be Cuda Cliff) Bee

1954 Plymouth Savoy
1959 Chevy Apache

"She may not be the youngest gal at the ball ... but she can still turn a head or two"

[/url]
#9 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 02:51 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyeway View Post
So basically you guys are saying my challenger se is doomed with no hope. And my only option is to wait for my credit to go up and trade it with a rt.
Did you not test drive the car? Smells like troll.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Killawatts For This Useful Post:
JDGA80 (09-10-2013), ONTHEFENCE (09-10-2013), WALLYVINEZ (09-10-2013)
#10 (permalink) Old 09-10-2013, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyeway View Post
Add a CAI or even just a KN drop in air filter it will only give you a little but it is a cheap improvement. Being it's the 250 HP engine in the 2010 your limited on acceleration with the weight of these cars.

SEMPER FI.
ENJOY THE RIDE
Eibach Pro Kit Springs, painted pin stripes, painted engine cover.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode