Corsa extreme exhaust review - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Performance Modifications Want to talk about performance modifications for your Dodge Challenger? This is the forum for that. Anything from exhaust systems to power adders and everything in between. (Dodge Challenger Performance Modifications)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Corsa extreme exhaust review

I couldn't wait to get my 2010 SRT 8 , all the reviews on it all had a similar comment, and that was that the stock exhaust system was a bit mild and needed a bit more sound out of it.

While I was waiting for my car to be built I did all my research and thought hands down the Corsa extreme was the exhaust for me. I Read all the reviews and comments on different forums and heard the sport but not the extreme and people loved the sport.

When I took delivery of the vehicle I was impressed with the stock sound. My wife could hear me two blocks away coming home while I was going threw the gears. I thought wow it sounds great with just the stock exhaust system, the Corsa extreme must be awesome. One comment I read said that cops might pull you over because of the aggressive sound with the Extreme. I didn't want to be that loud but still got excited.

The horsepower gain also interested me a little bit, so I pulled the trigger and bought the Corsa extreme exhaust.

I had DC performance install it in the Los Angeles area. They did a nice job installing it but anyone with a half a brain could of done it. Its truly a bolt on simple system. DC performance said that they would Dyno before and after the exhaust for me and they said they always like to tack weld the exhaust in the event the connections got loose. So since I bought it through them I let them install it. Out the door exhaust and installation tax and all it was $1,700

Now for the review:

If I had to do it again, I would not spend the money.

There is absolutely no drone at all and that's not an issue. The car during Idle and cruising is quieter than the stock system. When you get on it hard its just about the same loudness as the stock system. The tone is different more like a foreign job or maserati, I wanted a kind of sound like an old school big block with a deep throaty sound. I thought that the extreme would deliver more of that kind of sound.

The sound clips don't represent the true sound and you really do need to hear it in person.

My recommendation would be to get the corsa extreme if horsepower is your main priority for a cat back system. But if sound is what your after stay with the stock system , I couldn't live with drone of the other cat back systems. I will say that the exhaust tips are *****en on the corsa.

Maybe the 2010 SRT have more growl than the earlier models, but in my case sound was what I was after not really the horsepower gain and it did not justify the money.

I took a rain check on the dyno and plan on using it at a later date when they do some custom tuning for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
#3 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 08:12 PM

Theres a guy in my town that has a Black SRT with a Magnaflow system, it sounds real nice. Might be worth lookin into. He said it was $1,100.00 out the door.

Mopar CAI, Arrington ported 85mm TB, Catch can because IT DOES WORK!
#4 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 08:15 PM

Not to be a jerk of ANY kind, I fully disagree. I definately think it is louder and a much better sound. That was all I was going for, not HP at all. It does sound more 'exotic' but lets face it, you'll never that 'old sound' with all the CRAP thats on the cars. Maybe if you ripped all the smog stuff off.
No offense al all
Jeff

To see Pictures of my car, and my website--->>http://www.detonatoryellow.com/
#5 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 09:09 PM

well all right... cool.... how 'bout uh.... how 'bout some sound clips?

2010 B5 Blue R/T Classic
Locked and Loaded 6 speed

180 stat, Modded Stock Air Intake
BT Can, Pypes Violators, Predator

MOPAR OR NO CAR, BABY
(top Banana)
#6 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 09:16 PM

$1700 for exhaust and install... that seems a little pricey. I just ordered my new Corsa xtreme exhaust for $1350 shipped. And install shouldn't be no more than $100, but I live in a small town.

: Mods: Cervini's Shaker Hood, RotoFab CAI, MagnaFlow Hi-Flow cats, Corsa Xtreme exhaust, Hurst shifter w/Gunslinger CF grip, Jet 180 t-stat, DCX custom tune, Moroso catch can, Moroso Coolant Tank, Killer Glass radiator hose, BT engine caps, Umnitza Halos, Drake Sequential taillights, Front & Rear camera.
#7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kehoe View Post
Not to be a jerk of ANY kind, I fully disagree. I definitely think it is louder and a much better sound. That was all I was going for, not HP at all. It does sound more 'exotic' but lets face it, you'll never that 'old sound' with all the CRAP thats on the cars. Maybe if you ripped all the smog stuff off.
No offense al all
Jeff
Concur, definitely louder then stock at idle and at WOT and yes it does have more of that "exotic/European" sound, but no drone! You still need to break-in the system, that will happen around 6000-7000 miles.
#8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 04:44 AM

There's only one solution to this problem... Zoooooooooomers !!!
#9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Dyno

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbest671 View Post
$1700 for exhaust and install... that seems a little pricey. I just ordered my new Corsa xtreme exhaust for $1350 shipped. And install shouldn't be no more than $100, but I live in a small town.
My post said it included dyno before and after installation. What Is the going rate for dyno?
#10 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 04:34 AM

I have been on the fence about an exhaust for the SRT. The general concensus seems to be that none of the systems provide any noticeable HP gains over stock, and I agree with the first post that the stock setup already sounds great. I remember looking at a G8 GXP before buying the SRT, and I thought the Challenger sounded much better.

My car is still stock and will probably remain so. It seems to me that unless you are willing to go forced induction (6 - 8K...?) you are better off saving the money with these cars. My concern is resale....money spent on mods tends to have terrible ROI.

Then again, a Magnaflow or Kenne Bell would be lots of fun!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode