Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Diablo trinity worth it?

15K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  cralx2k 
#1 ·
Is the diablo trinity and pcm worth adding to an otherwise stock scat pack? I will eventually be doing extensive mods but curious if there are any significant gains by the tuner and canned tunes alone.

#2 ·
IMO, no on a stock car. Too much money for too little gain on the '15+ cars.

If you do certain mods, you don't have a choice but to spend the money on a tuner and tune.

I'm leaving mine stock, as I feel that it has more than enough power for what I want and use. I'm just not in the mindset of chasing a few HP, and big bucks spent on a street car.

If I really wanted more HP, I would have went with a HC.

Just me.

#6 · (Edited)
Tuning is not just about power gains. In fact, the boost in bhp and ft/lbs are just a part of a suite of improvements that the Diablo system provides. In my case, it enabled me to set the cooling fans to a lower start temp to take advantage of a 180º t-stat, allowed me to get the most out of a CAI and an enlarged throttle body for much finer throttle response and power gains at WOT, and cancelled out CELs related to the addition of my Magnaflow hi-flow cats. What's universal and most beneficial is the removal of the factory torque management routines, which makes the car feel much more powerful at launch. Also welcomed is the "throttle boost" setting which further enables fine tuning of throttle response. These and other available adjustments in addition to the noticeable hp/torque bump and ability for a tuning professional to go beyond Diablo's canned tune make the Trinity well worth the $499 price in my book.

Cheers,

Rob

Reactions: cralx2k
#5 ·
Yes its a must do purchase if you intend to open the door to mods. Stock tunes may see about 15-20 hp gains so for about a thousand bucks for a PCM and tuner seems to be a poor investment if you do not mod your vehicle beyond that.

Reactions: 19johned53
#8 ·
Yes it will if you are wanting to mod it further. Ill be doing mine soon but 100% sure on what route Im going with yet. Regardless, I have to purchase those two too like you for that next step. Its the necessary evil to open that door to mod land.

#15 ·
I just installed a Diablosport PCM and inTune in my '16 Scat Pack. The kit was $899. Also installed a 180* thermostat.

I had great success with Johan tuning my '14 300 SRT8, so I had him do a custom tune for my Scat Pack. Overall, I am very pleased with the results. The motor is definitely more responsive and pulls harder than stock. For some, $899 + tune is a lot, but for me, it's well worth it.

Before years end, I hope before to Supercharge the car, so the PCM and inTune would be needed anyway.

#16 ·
I just installed a Diablosport PCM and inTune in my '16 Scat Pack. The kit was $899. Also installed a 180* thermostat.

I had great success with Johan tuning my '14 300 SRT8, so I had him do a custom tune for my Scat Pack. Overall, I am very pleased with the results. The motor is definitely more responsive and pulls harder than stock. For some, $899 + tune is a lot, but for me, it's well worth it.

Before years end, I hope before to Supercharge the car, so the PCM and inTune would be needed anyway.

Good to hear. Is your car a M6 or A8?

#22 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.