Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Electric fan for ram air

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Omicron 
#1 ·
here's a goofy idea. mount a 7" radiator cooling fan in the wheel well compartment, pointing up at the 4" intake hole for the air intake. The fan works on 12v. If there's no real friendly way to bring outside air (to ram) then create your own. Have it switch operated inside under the dash and turn it on/off just to see if it makes a difference.

I said it was goofy!

#3 ·
So technically this would be cold air and not ram air. This is Ram Air X-51 hypersonic scramjet test: Flameout at Mach 5? ? The Register. Hypersonic air being forced in at Mach 4 to Mach 6. I had a similar question posted that my wife asked, it was along the lines of "why not run an air conditioning vent into the air intake of the car?". While the answer was that you cant get 1 for 1 power gain (since the car engine is producing the AC), I still didnt understand because the power is already being wasted since my car already has AC, just run a tube from it to your intake! Anyways..yeah fun stuff.

#7 ·
Put a cooler full of dry ice in the trunk then run a couple of tubes to the CAI with a fan at the end.:alf::bigthumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.