Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Essential non-performance add-ons

9K views 69 replies 31 participants last post by  440_Magnum 
#1 ·
I was looking around and didn't see a post about this, so I figured I'd start one. I wanted to see what sort or non-performance related add-ons people had bought for their Challenger that they consider to be essential, must have, additions. Things that truly make day-to-day life easier or help in maintaining the looks and longevity of your $30-$50K baby.

So I'm talking about things like all-weather floor mats, sill plates, remote starts, clear bras, etc. Let's leave out the CAIs, new exhausts, and tuners. No pistol shifters, trim piping, cosmetics, or disco balls.

#8 ·
If it'll be parked and exposed to freezing temps, Prestone De-Icer spray and a sponge to treat the edges of the door windows.

#13 ·
"non-performance related add-ons"

For me, it is the skip shift eliminator (for manual transmission cars). It isn't for performance, but definitely something I consider essential.

#38 ·
Agree with this. That was my first mod.
Next on a RT would be suspension, for me car was to high. So upgraded to SRT springs in front and Hurst springs in rear. And a Petty strut front brace just to tighten up steering feel.

I haven't done door sills but seems like a good idea.

I haven't messed with brakes but on my RT, that is one thing I feel is lacking.

#29 ·
Cameras front and rear. No more scraping the chin spoiler.

#39 ·
This interests me, how do the cameras keep the chin spoiler from scraping? Where is your front camera mounted?

Thanks

#30 ·
1. Tint (not yet but scheduled)
2. Hula Girl air freshener because it's essential to smell nice
3. Tuner because you can tune to whatever gas you want to run and knock is for dumb dumb heads
4. Splash guards because paint chips are for suckas - traded in my 2012 and it had no chips. Cheap Ebay splash guards are thin, not very noticeable and no drilling.
5. Asked the wife for a back that thing up camera for Xmas. I just want to see how she interprets the request.
6. Disco ball

#32 ·
Getting some great replies and great ideas for when my new ride arrives in late January/February.

So far I know I need at least all-weather floor mats and and some sort of scuff guard for the door sills (I am picking it up in the middle of winter after all). I also love the trunk pull down handle.

Keep the great ideas coming.

Thanks!

#35 ·
#41 ·
Maybe check out the TaZer, too.

Mopar OEM splash guards, $82 for all 4. The only 2 holes you have to drill use special screws that coat and seal the holes with rustproofing as you screw them in. The rest of the screws use clips and screws in the plastic where the plastic rivets were.

I think they look just fine. :) They also work great, my car stays much cleaner now.

Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior
Alloy wheel Wheel Tire Vehicle Rim
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Blue Tire

Reactions: JR007 and Liam1694u
#46 ·
Idk, maybe no one has had as many probs as i have, but my next non perf mod will be a new set of fogs with LED bulbs, and clear plastic protectors. Ive gone through 3 sets of fogs. Think it may be the heat that is cracking them though. My bumper shows little signs of rocks so i dont see how it could be impact damage on both lights x 3. Maybe this is why they stepped down the wattage from the 2009 and 2010s.

#47 ·
The 2015+ fogs are basically useless. They are a totally different design than the pre-2015 fogs, I wish there were some upgrade or replacement for them. They seem to be purely cosmetic.

#55 ·
I thought of something else I'll probably get; some of that 3M door trim edging. Not that bulky tubing, but the thin film stuff. For those times where you have no choice but to make contact with your door and you want to do it as gently as possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.