Help! calling all Rear Gear Ratio Experts for 2010 RT AUTOMATIC - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Performance Modifications Want to talk about performance modifications for your Dodge Challenger? This is the forum for that. Anything from exhaust systems to power adders and everything in between. (Dodge Challenger Performance Modifications)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 11:52 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Help! calling all Rear Gear Ratio Experts for 2010 RT AUTOMATIC

Just picked up my fully loaded challenger R/T Classic. Traded in my 2006 Daytona.... Love the car but why or why did they use a 3.06 gear in the R/T????? My 06 daytona had a 3.53 (i think) yes it is an auto got it 10K less than MSRP so i over looked the fact that it was an auto. I wish i had come here before i bought it cause i would not have settled for the 3.06. I have 24 hours to give it back sooooo the Dealer is looking into what it would cost to put a 3.73.

Can you guys give me any insight. Part numbers, web links, and is it even do-able.

I know i need a predator tuner but im hoping that someone here in MI being that it is the motorcity state has a tuner that i can just pay 50.00 to use to retune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 12:24 PM
RMG

What is the problem with the 3.06 gear,The auto trans has a 3.59 first gear.People are running 9.5 second 1/4 miles with the 3.06,Are you keeping the motor stock?The 2006 charger 198 diff had 3.07,
3.64,3.90 ratios.The 210 diff had a 2.82 ratio.You have a 215 open diff(no posi) in your Challenger.

Last edited by RMG; 01-27-2011 at 12:49 PM.
#3 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Supporting Vendor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Speedlogix-Mikey Send a message via Yahoo to Speedlogix-Mikey Send a message via Skype™ to Speedlogix-Mikey
Your 06 Daytona shouldn't have had the 3.53...R/Ts had 2.82. They did have 3.58 first gear ratio (per Allpar) but final drive gear ratio was 2.82.

That being said all R/T Automatic Challengers have 3.06 gear ratio, if you would like teh 3.73 it can be done.

What you need:
Getrag Differential
New Axles
Pinion Bolt
Predator to change gear Ratio

Like this kit: Speedlogix 3.73 LSD Differential Conversion Kit 05-09 300, Challenger, Charger, Magnum R/T 5.7L, SRT8 6.1L

Chris "Mikey" | Sales and Support | Speedlogix, Inc.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at: mikey@speedlogix.net!
#4 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 12:27 PM

9.0 sec 1/4 mile hmmmmmmm pass that dubbie please
#5 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 12:46 PM
RMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaharleyguy View Post
9.0 sec 1/4 mile hmmmmmmm pass that dubbie please
LX Forums | Dodge Charger Challenger Magnum | SRT8 | Chrysler 300 Forum - Timeslip Database
#6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

(Thread Starter)
...errr

Okay... i went from newb to ultra super newb.wtf... was i just reading the wrong info?

So off the line the challenger should have more of a kick than my daytona based on what you all are saying but it feels like it doesn't...

Is it just in my head? Maybe its cause the daytona had an after market muffler and just sounded louder when i mashed it... and its just in my head...

Passing doobie around
#7 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Supporting Vendor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Speedlogix-Mikey Send a message via Yahoo to Speedlogix-Mikey Send a message via Skype™ to Speedlogix-Mikey
Did you have a Predator tune on the Daytona?
#8 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 01:23 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

(Thread Starter)
Exhaust?

Not sure. I bought it used. oh well... i just took the challenger out for a spin at lunch...

I turned the traction controll off, and it launched off the line ... maybe its just cause of the exhaust

any suggestions for best sounding exhaust? Im leaning towards only changing the muffler... im guessing there is no reason to go to a cat back....

Any opininons?
#9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 01:33 PM

Couldn't find any stock R/T classics automatics in the list puff puff. Come on man 9.0 with a 3:06 R/T classic with maybe a predator tune puffing away
#10 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraylon View Post
Not sure. I bought it used. oh well... i just took the challenger out for a spin at lunch...

I turned the traction controll off, and it launched off the line ... maybe its just cause of the exhaust

any suggestions for best sounding exhaust? Im leaning towards only changing the muffler... im guessing there is no reason to go to a cat back....

Any opininons?

the auto guys definitely seem to consistently report that a predator tune kinda turns their car loose. I'd get in touch with Mikey and get yourself a predator. you'll forget you ever had the charger, lol

I dunno about off the line, but the chally should definitely have noticeably more through the power band than the charger. drop it from 3k to redline and see what you think. Any chargers I have run are decent off the line (and I'm not so much) but I simply walk them once we're rollin.

Upgrades: Functional Hood Scoops, hood props, MGP Caliper Covers, Jet 180 degree t-stat, BT Catch Can, Splash Guards, Roto-Fab CAI, Shift Skip Eliminator, Silver stripes, Solo Mach-X catback, 35% tint, Drake strut tower brace, Xtremestop rotors, eibach Pro kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode