Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Little guidance with intune tuner wot spark and fuel

9K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  SlammedRT 
#1 ·
I just went out and played with the intune on my challenger, I have the 91 can tune loaded.

I wanted to fine tune it a little better for my car, I just bumped the timing across the board 5 degree and then worked the timing back til I could make some clean simulated 1/4 mile runs with out any short term knock

I made something like 30 passes while dialing in the timing waching the short term knock retard

So right now I'm sitting at plus 5 on the 1-3.8k and plus 3 on the other two settings.

about every other run I will get a short term knock retard ( 1 or 2 ) around 4300 rpms at my shift recovery point. other then that clean strong runs.

Looking down the list of PINS I guess you call them, i'm not seeing one for 02 sensors, like to see what the fuel is doing. to lean to rich.

thought maybe someone would point me in the right direction. See if I need to add fuel or take out.

This is a V6 Challenger, I'm having fun playing with it, today I just did a best of 5.60 0-60 run in my car in 63 degree weather which the timing helped. Car feels stronger, like to work on it just a little more on the fuel side.

See less See more
#2 ·
You need a wide-band O2 sensor to read AFR. Trinity can not do it. I am not sure of the V6 models but the V8 like to see 12.5 AFR. Looking at your mods with CAI, TB, ported intake and full exhaust I can guarantee your running lean. You can probably find more data on the diablo website for actual numbers you should be adding to the fuel. I have read on here (again for V8) for long tubes and CAI +5% fuel should be added across entire rpm range and 7% at WOT.

#4 ·
I went to the race track 2 weeks ago for the last track date of the year, I ran two baseline runs same mph/e.t., 0-60 mph timer on the dash reported 5.89 seconds and got out my tuner and went 10% LEAN across the board on wot( 91 can tune with 2 degrees of timing added across the board on 91 octane fuel)

I made the pass and my car slowed down 1.32 mph at the traps and the car slowed down about 10th, the mph is more important but never the less even my 0-60 fell off just as much (6.00). Car felt slower and shifted into 4th gear about 1 car length pass the finish line(opposed to just at the finish line as I'm crossing in test 1 and 2). I knew the car was slower. Time slip backed that up

4th pass I took the tuner and went to 5% Rich across the board wot, the car slowed down even more to 1.43 mph and it produced even a worse 0-60 mph time

Pass 5, I took the tuner and set it back to "zero" , rebaselined the car as 1st and 2nd pass and I was able to repeat my first two passes and that verified that pass 3 and 4 was good information. Car shifted right at the finish line as well and my 0-60 mph timer was back in line at 5.90 second

Using a bell curve based on the % and mph loses to either side, I have to assume my car would run best a 2-2.5% lean. Telling me the basic 91 can tune is on the rich side already.

I ran out of track time to confirm this, so this has to wait for another time.

So as it stands my personal best is 14.33@ 98.81 mph with all 5 run with 2.11 60 ft times. I launched with everything it has and it sticks.

Right now I am getting the rear camber adjusted to "zero" to increase traction for the up coming 3800 stall converter, I do know I will have to increase my tire size in the rear to 29" tall tire( 1" taller then my 28's) to keep pace with traction, the converter no doubt will wreck traction so I must keep up with that, larger diameter tire will allow several things, more traction, taller sidewall to help soften the launch shock and bring the rpms down just a tad to keep in top of 3rd gear as I cross the finish line, knowing my traps speeds should pick up a few mph with a converter. Of course I will look at sticker tires then my current nitto invo's that hook damn well.

#3 ·
I agree with having a Wideband, But When you data log with an Intune it gives ST and LT Knock levels Not sure if a Trinity has that feature. Keep making small adjustments on the road. My dyno WOT and WOT on the street needed to be changed quite a bit. I had to datalog a ton after I went FI. Good luck I know we have some tuning wizards that can chime in on this site.

#5 ·
Interesting...... I believe the 91 tune does add fuel to begin with but with your mods I would believe you would still need more. At least that is what I have read on the Diablo website forums. Again everything I have researched has been based upon the V8's so maybe the V6's act differently. I would be interested to see if anyone on here has had some tuning experience with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.