Lower radiator baffle mod??? - Page 3 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Performance Modifications Want to talk about performance modifications for your Dodge Challenger? This is the forum for that. Anything from exhaust systems to power adders and everything in between. (Dodge Challenger Performance Modifications)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 04:11 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Reading that though it seems like if you just remove the drivers side its ok, no?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 04:28 PM

Yes, just the lower driver side baffle is really all you need to remove for more air.

09 Challenger R/T 6-speed w/ 3.92s

catch can
Hurst shifter w/Larry's mod
Jet 180* thermostat
HopNot total package
HopNot engine torque strut brace
M&H 275/50-17 Racemasters
Stack Performance Bullet CAI w/long IAT sensor
Email Tune from OST
#23 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 04:35 PM

(Thread Starter)
And that wont mess with engine temps?
#24 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 05:14 PM

No, it's been proven not to in those links I posted. Its when you start removing more than one the coolant temps are effected because the radiator isn't as efficient.

When you get time, read through them. The LX forums guys have done a ton of data collecting and much more knowledgeable than I am.
#25 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Banned

I have some pics of baffle removed from air cleaner assembly hole (air cleaner removed also)...

#26 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 11:49 AM

I removed this when I installed my Volant CAI as it is recommended by them to be done. I don't have any dyno or track data to back up the removal, but I can say if I didn't remove it the snorkel would have been sitting right behind the panel, limiting the airflow. So it makes sense to me for it to be removed. I've also driven through a tropical storm with it removed and no water was sucked into the air filter.
#27 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyWiz View Post
i just did this myself while my car is in the garage for the winter...i also have the SRT chin spoiler on my R/T without the brake ducts, so the opening there adds to the fresh air.

and another thing that i just found out from a friend, but the 2011+ cars come with a"close out panel" that separates that area below the airbox and the radiator fan. this panel will keep what is known as "fan wash" from blowing heat into the airbox area. should really benefit those that have the fender pull intakes that place the filter right down in that area.

i was in the process of making one and he said he found out about a factory piece on newer challenger that were added in 2011. mines an 09 and his is a '10. neither had it, but i just ordered one up and will have it next week!

part number 68065531AC if anyone is interested.
Well BigDaddyWiz did you get that panel installed? I have a 10' and was looking to order one, but waiting to see a picture. Where does the panel attach to? Steel below airbox? Radiator support?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#28 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelfonk View Post
Well BigDaddyWiz did you get that panel installed? I have a 10' and was looking to order one, but waiting to see a picture. Where does the panel attach to? Steel below airbox? Radiator support?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App
I didn't get it yet unfortunately...I think it attaches to the frame and rad support in that open space to keep the fans from blowing air into that area when they kick on.

I'll be sure to post a pic.
#29 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 11:35 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ive been thinking of just adding a naca duct or shallow scoop on the floor of the chin spoiler directly below filter area.....what do ya think??
#30 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 12:38 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
So if the 11+ cars have a new piece, do we still have that baffle to remove?
or was this only on the 10's and older?

2011 Dodge Challenger R/T 6-speed
Lowering Kit
Tinted Windows
Lakewood Strut Tower Brace
Mopar CAI
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
BT Catch Can
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode