Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Magnaflow 16420 Mid Pipes Installation Question

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  RobF 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey, guys.

I'm about to dump the stock mids for the Magnaflow 16420 hi flow ones. I was wondering if anyone had done the install, and could tell me whether it can be performed on race ramps, or if I really need a lift to do it properly. Also, does anyone have any install tips regarding the O2 sensors? I have heard some people throw codes and use angled O2 simulator to defeat the codes, while others tell me the Diablo Trinity can program them out, and still others say they've never seen a code. Can someone tell me what to expect/do?

Appreciate it.

Rob

#4 ·
I have them on... and they will throw codes..

1) The oil fouler mods didn't work
2) Angled mod didn't work
3) Bid Daddy's mini cats worked.

To me they aren't worth the money and the PITA problems they present. Do yourself a favor and just install the SRT shorties and mids... They flow more than enough unless your running cam, heads and blower. For that you need a tune and run catless with long tube headers.

OBTW I have set of 6.1 mids waiting in the wings should the Magnaflows bite the dust.

#5 ·
Thanks for the input, Hemi57. Do you know if my Diablo Trinity is able to stop the codes from appearing?

#6 · (Edited)
No... You will need a custom tune to shut off the post O2 sensors.

Also remember the R/T has small exhaust than the SRT if you updating an R/T and the exhust mounting flange is almost 180° out from the 6.1.

Here is a pic of the mids... R/T on the right, 6.1 in the middle and Magna Flow on the left.

#8 · (Edited)
I'm running a custom tune now by Hemi Fever. I'm sure a phone call to him and a few bucks will yield a modification to the tune to take care of the codes then. Thanks, brother.

#7 ·
I put JBA catless mid pipes on my 2010 SRT8. Yes it can be done from race ramps, that's how I did mine. I drove around for about 10 miles got the two codes. Installed the angled cel eliminators. Buy the good stainless ones not the cheapos off eBay, have driven over 1000 miles no codes. If you are not removing your entire exhaust you have to kinda of rotate the mid pipes out of the way and then remove. You will see once you start.

Reactions: RobF
#9 ·
Thanks, buddy.

Both of my parents were from Cinci. Great town. I love Skyline chili!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.