Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Not that loud at all...

5K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  dcritter 
#1 ·
I recently installed Blastin Bob's Resonator deletes (straight pipe) (non-glass pack).

Surprised to say that they are not loud at all. I'm hungry for more!!! >:)
or maybe i just need headers...

#3 ·
R/T.

Thrush welded mufflers! You have to keep me posted on this. Now I'm wondering the same thing.

#17 ·
That's the nice thing about cut offs... you can close them and have a nice quiet exhaust when you need to, like driving thru a quiet residential area at night. You can't quiet down your exhaust as it is. The cops around me wouldn't hesitate to pull you over. During the day they don't seem to care much if you're reasonable with the sound.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#8 ·
#13 ·
It must be a whole lot of people that like the sound of a 4 banger bc I get stopped everywhere I go by people asking about my setup. I was at a red light the other day and like 7 guys came out of a diner bc they hear me drive by all the time and was always arguing over what I had that made that loud beautiful music.

#15 ·
I believe "banger" is the word you are looking "four". A four "bagger" is a home run. Which is kind of complimentary... Just sayin :D

#21 ·
I'm not talking crap about the sounds a person likes. Some people might think my exhaust sounds hideous but everyone have different taste and some people like you is just childish. Why don't you record the sound of a old school exhaust and play it through your speakers hopefully that will shut you up.

#20 ·
I would rather my car sound like a prius than most of the exhaust on those old cars. I wanted a deep growl like the sound a lion makes when he's eating and warning other animals to stay away not that rock in a blender sound. Why don't you sell your challenger so we don't have to keep hearing your complaining.

#25 ·
This is why I'm hesitant about buying an exhaust system, I would really like some more sound but couldn't live with the drone. I've read reviews and listened to all the videos but that doesn't help, I've talked to a few Mopar guys around town that have nice sounding cars but so far they all say they have it to some extent. I'm just curious if there is a set that has no drone

#26 ·
I eventually decided on the Dynamax Catback with the VT mufflers. the mufflers have a spring loaded valve in them that stops all resonance. It does make them a bit quieter at slow speeds than would be perfect, but when the valves open they sound great. The best part is 0 resonation, none. The second is that they are cheap. I think I paid around 500 including shipping. The Midas muffler shop welded the factory tips on so they look stock. The tips the kit comes with look like aftermarket, cheesier than the stock ones. Not a big deal to me, the shop did it without asking as they know I like nice stuff. I just could not see spending 2k with the chance of resonation.

Reactions: justkelvin
#27 ·
#28 ·
I also thought that the blastin bobs had way too much drone (rt w/manual tranny) but sounded great otherwise. After some research, I found out that on these cars (as well as Mustang and Camaro) the mufflers or resonators need to be near the end of the exhaust to prevent drone. Anybody want a set of blastin bobs reso deletes cheap? I only used them one day!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.