Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Number 2 fuse

6K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  ZatZuma 
#1 ·
Reading up on prior threads about pulling the #2 fuse resets PCM data (clears out previous driving habits).
The label on the inside cover of the fuse box under the hood states the #2 fuse is the NGC Module. For fuse #5, its the deisel PCM. Is the #2 the one we should pull to reset the PCM Module or is it #5? Just made myself a bit confused because I did pull #2 for about a minute or two and have not noticed any difference in anything performance wise. I've actually done this a couple of times (different times of the year and same fuse) no change.

On a different subject, I have experienced a better ride quality when I went from air to Nitrogen for my tires. Has anybody else done this conversion?

20,000 miles into it and still feels like I just bought it yesterday. What a blast!

Later

#2 ·
Don't know much about the fuse thing, but air is like 78% Nitrogen anyway, so I don't know how you would be able to feel a difference in ride quality. A change in pressure, now that makes a difference.

#4 ·
I put nitrogen in all my vehicles tires. nitrogen is drier than normal air, so when the tire heats, there is less humidity in the nitrogen so tire pressure stays more consistent( does not increase pressure).

#5 ·
I had a number 2 fuse thread in the general section, maybe I can get a better answer here in this section. not trying to thread jack but can number 2 fuse be left out instead of constantly having to pull it to reset the adaptives?

#8 ·
Nitrogen just leaks down slower, no change in how the car rides. Now helium will lighten up your car by about 1,000 lbs.

#10 ·
NGC (next generation controller) is another name for PCM.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.