Lifetime Premium Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Bossier City La.
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Is this what your talking about?
ETC Throttle Calibration/Characterization:
Late LX/LC Model (5.7LTR HEMI) Charger/Challenger Throttlecalibrationprocedure. It basically does a zero/span characterization
for PCM on fly-by-wire throttle system. This procedure if followed correctly will hold until battery power is cycled again.
Throttlecalibration can substantially improve throttle responsiveness over "factory standard." Many people notice what appears
to be sluggish throttle response or a "dead area" at initial accelerator depression.
Throttlecalibration can take care of these.
1) Insert ignition key and turn to "ON" (not start).
2) Wait for all idiot lights to go out. Check Engine Light may remain on.
3) Slowly depress the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor.
(HOLD to the floor for about a three second count.)
(On some PCM versions, Engine Check light may start flashing here)
4) Slowly release the accelerator pedal until it's all the way back up.
5) Turn the ignition key to "OFF".
6) Start the engine.
Most drivers notice an immediate change in throttle response, but depending on your driving style, you may need to repeat this
procedure periodically due to the computer's adaptive programming.
NOTE: You will likely need to repeat this procedure any time the battery is disconnected.