what to do to install Challenger Zoomers on 2012 Charger - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications

Performance Modifications Want to talk about performance modifications for your Dodge Challenger? This is the forum for that. Anything from exhaust systems to power adders and everything in between. (Dodge Challenger Performance Modifications)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 11:55 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
what to do to install Challenger Zoomers on 2012 Charger

Hello guys,

I have a Challenger Zoomers cat-back, which I'm trying to fit on 2012 Charger. I'm wondering what shoud I do to make it fit beside 1- lengthening the xpipe 2- getting tips, 3- replacing the hangers locations? If I do that will it fit? How about the tail pipes, are they same?

I'm trying to install the cat-back I have rather than buying a Charger one because;
1- I heard both & I prefer the challenger a lot more.
2- I don't like the tips of the charger cat-back,
3- I rocken it will be cheaper this way.

I appreciate your help, & please let us know if you have a previous experience
3- Donuts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESNnNGVn0tg
Check my channel for more http://m.youtube.com/user/SRT8Classi...?feature=guide
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2013, 09:10 AM

No replys yet!! Since I haven't got any info except the info provided by the Zoomers manfactuer where they told me that the two exhaust systems ( charger & challenger) are totally different & that I need a new xpipe, tail pipes with hangers & tip and because of that they strongly advised me to sell mine and buy a new one from them!! I would have done that If I liked the tips!! Or preferred the sound compared to the challenger's!! But since I hated the tips on the charger system, and since I prefer the sound if the challenger system, I went to a muffler shop & told them the system I got is designed for challengers to see what they can do. Amazingly the system was almost identical, the only two differences were the rear hanger & the shorter xpipe. They fitted the system easily after lengthening the xpipe & installing one hanger at each side. They didn't even cut the hanger that they didn't use. Surprisingly, I didn't even needed to get tips since the factory ones are removable since they are on not welded, and best of all they are ajustable. Since the modifactions were minors I was not charged extra for it. It was only a cost of fitting a cat back. Thankfully I tried it myself and not listened to what Zoomers told me.
The Following User Says Thank You to SSRT8 For This Useful Post:
KRE8SHUN (03-26-2013)
Old 03-27-2013, 04:17 PM

Photos: (2)
Send a message via Yahoo to bra171 Send a message via Skype™ to bra171
By the time you "modify" a Challenger Zoomer's to your Charger, it will not have the sound you like anyways. I second the motion to sell your current catback and get the Charger version.

Don't trust sound clips on a computer. I've owned both cars with Zoomers exhaust, I actually prefer the native Charger one a bit more. Growlier and Throatier. Sounds more threatening.

Color is not Jazz Blue Pearl - It's Plum Crazy Purple. Site isn't updated for 2013 colors.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by bra171 View Post
By the time you "modify" a Challenger Zoomer's to your Charger, it will not have the sound you like anyways. I second the motion to sell your current catback and get the Charger version.

Don't trust sound clips on a computer. I've owned both cars with Zoomers exhaust, I actually prefer the native Charger one a bit more. Growlier and Throatier. Sounds more threatening.
I'm not trusting the sound clips, I have the Challenger's system, & had the Charger's one a long time a go which is now with my friend so I get to listen to it every now & then. Although I prefer the Challenger's sound it was not my big concern. My main concern was the fact that I hated the tips. The stocks look a lot better.

by the way the only difference in the pipe is the slightly shorter xpipe, which you can either buy a new one or lengthen it.

Now I have the system and it sounds perfect. If I were to buy a new system for my Charger it will be the Zoomers designed for a Challenger with the longer xpipe. I will never by a Charger system because of those tips.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.