New shifter - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Drivetrain In this section, you can post up anything in regards to the transmission, differential, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 10:44 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
New shifter

Just ordered one of these Hurst Mopar Shifter Dodge Challenger Manual shopHEMI.com Because the Spec listed it as being for 2009-2010 6 speed I called them and specifically asked if it would fit my 2013 SRT8 and the guy (who was very friendly) told me yes, no problem. It's not here yet and I'm still a little concerned and wanted to get some feedback from the more experienced Challenger owners out there. Am I sweating over nothing?

82d Airborne (1974-1994)
2013 SRT8 6-speed
Phantom Black Tri-coat Pearl
Black Vapor Chrome Wheels
Hurst short shifter
Web Electric sequential turn signals
Corsa Extreme Catback
Arrington Performance Carbon Fiber CAI
Arrington Performance Catch Can
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-15-2013, 05:41 PM

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
yep you will be fine.. they havn't changed the tranny at all.

do yourself a favor and do a search on hear for HURST SHIFTER.. more info than you need to know.. i will say this.. if you don't address some issues it will VIBRATE TERRIBLE.. from my experience on my 2009.

also the shifter handle you got with it. it is great looking.. i had one.. but rather tall. you may find you want to cut off one of the bolt holes and redrill another one to LOWER IT DOWN.. or you may like it the way it is.. try it first and go from there.

chris

2009 SRT
ARRINGTON TVS 2300 8LB BLOWER WITH A.J. TUNE & MODERN MUSCLE THROTTLE BODY WITH LMI FENDER PULL INTAKE
ARRINGTON FRONT STRUT TOWER BRACE
BILLET TECH FUEL DOOR BADGE, DOORLOCK PINS, DEVO STRUT TOWER COVERS, COMPLETE UNDERHOOD KIT IN RED, POP CAN DELETE DISC'S, SRT WHEEL CENTERS, DOOR JAM INSERTS
CANTON SUPER CHARGER COOLANT TANK
BARTON SHORT THROW SHIFTER WITH MOPAR SHORT THROW HANDLE]
CUSTOM HEAD RESTS
SPEEDLOGIX A-PILLAR POD WITH AUTOMETER CARBON FIBER GUAGES
#3 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 06:04 AM

(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the reply Chris! Will definitely check out the other Hurst info......don't want those vibrations you're talking about! Did you find you didn't like the shifter and if so why?
#4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 06:43 AM

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I loved the look.. but it was way way to tall for me.. and when i had it in the car it was with the stock shifter.. i sold it before i got the hurst.. kinda wish i would have kept it.. If i was to do it over i would cut it off lower and drill another hole lower.

Oh well live and learn. As for the hurst.. if you want to talk about it pm me and i can give you my number and we can chat. There is alot of info on it.. i tried some of it with success.. some without.

chris
#5 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 07:31 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

I think the shifter is a great upgrade, but it is VERY tall. All hope is not lost though, as you can either use the drill method, or you can fork an extra 30 bucks to get a shorter handle. I went with the latter and it feels awesome. It's very strong, and you can tell it can handle aggressive shifting.

2012 Challenger...totally NOT stock.
#6 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 08:27 AM

Picking up the same one from a local dealer this morning.
#7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 02:13 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by war machine xxl View Post
I think the shifter is a great upgrade, but it is VERY tall. All hope is not lost though, as you can either use the drill method, or you can fork an extra 30 bucks to get a shorter handle. I went with the latter and it feels awesome. It's very strong, and you can tell it can handle aggressive shifting.
Where did you get the shorter handle? $30 is nothing once you've forked over $600+.
#8 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 02:19 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Yeah I thought the exact same thing as far as the pricing goes. I actually got mine off of amazon and it fits perfectly. I'm not 100% sure on the forum rules as far as advertising other vendors, so PM me and I'll give you the part number.
#9 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 09:56 PM

PN for the short handle is 5387201 here's a shot of them side by side really sweet now!

First 09 sold in DFW, 08/30/08 BB-SE/G TRADED for Sickr PCP, 10 PCP R/T 6-Spd 7/5/10, Dream Since Teens! Mods; Mopar strutbrace, CAI, Borla ATAK, Custom Raptor SL, Moroso CC, SSE, Hurst w/70's mod, BR sequentials, Amber/Red sw/LEDs, Hotchkis Swys, r-Police/Spohn,R1 Slots/CentricPads-all, SXHood, DCS pins, Sickr rear/delete w/6x9s&12"sub, Boss 338s f 235/50/18, r 275/40/20ZR Motivos.
"TexasOutlawChallengers-ChallengerJam"
Studies show; PCP is highly ADDICTIVE in 6-speed form!
#10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,127 Times in 775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy M View Post
Picking up the same one from a local dealer this morning.
Congrats Randy...you finally did it!

PS: the pins on the front forks - the clips rotate (off the tranny mount ears), then slide the pins out.

Whatever direction the drivers side rotates, the passenger side is the opposite.

PS: use blue thread locker on the shifter adapter to handle bolts, and the bolt that secures the shifter to the selector/shift rod.

2009 R/T 27J pkg (6 speed MT) ordered 7/17/08, born 10/23/08, home 11/13/08

Eibach Sportline Suspension * Hotchkis Sway Bars
Razor's Edge rear tension arms * Nitto 555 Extreme 265/50-18"
392 Cam & DiabloSport CMR tune
Hurst /G&K modded short-throw shifter
'70 Challenger R/T graphics (hood/bodyside) * Black gauge faces, lighted needles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications > Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode