Dodge Challenger Forum banner

09 SRT, Considering a Tuner

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  brandy16 
#1 ·
Guys,
Been scrolling through the posts on tuners and just had some basic questions. I have a 6 speed manual, 6.1. Looking for some solid advice -

I'm not happy with the throttle lag during takeoff. Hit the gas, nothing- step into it a little more and it starts to rev too fast. This makes it more difficult to shift at lower speeds, just during normal driving. To a lesser degree, the same issue when going into 2nd.

Will a tuner solve this issue? I'm not going racing, just want the car to perform better and make shifting easier. I feel like I have to constantly adjust the pressure on the gas pedal to get the engine at the right speed to shift (again mostly at takeoff).

Which tuner would you recommend - Predator, I 1000, etc? I know they offer the newer 1000 tuner for 2011 and up - is the older version still available/supported?

Thanks in advance,
John

#2 · (Edited)
Guys,
Been scrolling through the posts on tuners and just had some basic questions. I have a 6 speed manual, 6.1. Looking for some solid advice -

I'm not happy with the throttle lag during takeoff. Hit the gas, nothing- step into it a little more and it starts to rev too fast. This makes it more difficult to shift at lower speeds, just during normal driving. To a lesser degree, the same issue when going into 2nd.

Will a tuner solve this issue? I'm not going racing, just want the car to perform better and make shifting easier. I feel like I have to constantly adjust the pressure on the gas pedal to get the engine at the right speed to shift (again mostly at takeoff).

Which tuner would you recommend - Predator, I 1000, etc? I know they offer the newer 1000 tuner for 2011 and up - is the older version still available/supported?

Thanks in advance,
John
Accordng to diablos site the predator has been replaced by the trinity or the intune which ever you would prefer. The intune is less expensive. I use the trinity on my 12 SRT challenger and I used the predator on my 06 300C. Either tuner, the trinity or the intune will let you adjust the throttle sensitivity which will get rid of the problems your having with the gas pedal. If you don't intend to race it get the less expensive I 1000 intune. The predator is no loner supported.

#3 ·
i have the same car
mine is a bit more extreme now but i had a intune.. junk.. tempermental.. the trinity is better but i would say only from the capability point

if you want the lag fixed more go canned tunes help slightly.. get a custom tune done and that will make it night and day.

Reactions: Rainmaker1984
#5 ·
By getting a custom tune, do you mean having it done in a shop or loading one in using the In-tune or trinity? Thanks.

#6 ·
If you get an email tune you can get rid of it or just use the trinity and what diablo calls throttle boost. I have used the diablo tuners since 06. They now have and have had for a few years the ability to get rid of the lag in throttle response by adding throttle boost. Mine is set at 15% and it works like a charm. No need to get a Dyno tune or an email tune just buy the trinity and adjust the throttle boost. You will be good to go and love that car even more.

#4 ·
The throttle lag is an issue in itself. A tune will help slightly, but you are still going to have it. The drive by wire sucks!

Reactions: Rainmaker1984
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.