Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2015 392 Tuned with HP tuners

23K views 41 replies 22 participants last post by  Krazy Challenger 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Super lopey, digging it. How much $?

#7 ·
Yes I notice a difference and am enjoying it a lot. We all expected about 20-30 more horsepower and same for the torque. It cost me less than what is supposed to because it was the beta for everyone out there. And yes the springs and pushrods got upgraded. Springs came with the cam and I bought hardened aftermarket pushrods just to be sure.

#11 ·
It feels great on the street and has a very noticeable difference in power. I run 91 octane since it is the highest out here besides E-85 and I haven't converted it yet.

#12 ·
Hidef,

So you gained a 40Hp just a tune, cai, and resonator delete? That is pretty awesome, am I reading that right?

#13 ·
LOL you are not reading it correctly. I have long tube headers, comp cam 274, 87MM ported throttle body, MOPAR CAI, resonator/muffler delete and a custom tune. We have actually gained 60hp and 46tq.

#14 ·
Lol oops! Yup, missed a few things
Mikey

#15 ·
UPDATE:

Engine has blown up.. No more 2015 Cammed 392. Brand new engine is on its way to be put it. And I will have 0 mods on this one.

Reactions: Palerider15
#16 ·
WHAT????!!!!!!!! Are you F-ing kidding dude?! I'm sorry. What happened? Shitty tune?

#19 ·
Thanks. we are guessing 90% bad tuning and 10% bad install.

I was putting it into 3rd gear and heard a pop and watched a plume of smoke exit my exhaust. Engine seized up and would not turn over or hand crank. 4 spark plugs destroyed, 1 hole in my piston, valves are mangled, cylinders are torn up.

#24 ·
Serious question here. Not asking you to disclose the parties involved, but yes; do the Tuners and installers of these apparent racehorse-fragile engines standing behind their work?

And if they don't, then I'd say disclose their identities if they're commonly used so us future "buyers" can "beware"

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#26 ·
Maybe that's the reason hello kitty is using a built 6.1 and not a 6.4.

#27 ·
The internals of a 6.4 may not be stout enough to handle the extra horses power.

#28 ·
That's NOT it, not at all.

#30 ·
well considering they tore the motor apart and installed a bunch of items it could have been anything. it didnt pop because they added hp. could have dropped a valve since they installed new springs.

Also the hellcat uses a engine based closely off the 6.4l in the hd trucks. not the 6.1l

#32 ·
#33 ·
I hope that after putting out money on his build and tune that he was not left holding the bag alone.I do understand that a build with an inproper tune can wreak havoc on an engine and also a crappy build with an inproper tune.I still would like to know what components failed and also I feel that is what will tell the story.

Back in the 70's and early 80's(I am dating myself) when I was wrenching in dealerships I would build motors and transmissions for friends and family.Mostly Ford and GM I was very meticulous because I didnt want to be the one to pay for a rebuild for free and I never did.Now I think it is get them in get as much as you can out of a motor and pray it does not grenade and if it does oh well you must have ran it hard not my fault or problem.

I still believe that we have builders and tuners out there that do the right thing.

Reactions: RickLB
#36 ·
Well. Judging by how the engine was damaged with the valves i can say that it was no the tune. We are guessing when it was installed and a tooth off on start up is what caused most of the damage. A possibility of the timing chain slipping at the exact wrong time is what caused it to blow.

#37 ·
MSRP of a brand new Hellcat with Mopar warranty about $10,000 over that of an SRT. :eek:

Sounds like you have already gone thru that with supping up the new engine and ordering a replacement. motor. :cursin:

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.:headbang:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.