Dodge Challenger Forum banner

93 octane tune

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  itguy 
#1 ·
Hey guys I'm running the standard 93 octane tune on my 09 srt8 challenger all we have around here is 92 octane mobil gas but my data logs show pretty much 0 knock retard on a 10 minute log around town with different types of driving and some WOT 1/4 mile runs with evic I only hit 1 degree of knock retard once does this seem weird to anyone or should I just feel happy about it

#3 ·
I would chalk it up to getting a batch of gas. Whose to say the next batch will be as good.

I would take HEMIZSP's advice and log it. I would still use the 91 tune with the 92 octane.

#5 ·
91 Octane tune on my 2010 SRT does virtually nothing...I dont notice any difference at all.

93 Octane tune is another ballgame. VERY noticeable difference in the way the engine rev's, acceleration,and so on. I just use the standard 93 tune, no throttle tip-in, and bumped limiter to 6500.

I cannot feel the car pulling any timing, but I have to do some logging to make sure.

HOWEVER: I can get, and exclusively run 94 Octane fuel.

If I ever bother with a CAI then I may try the 93 CAI tune, but for a couple hundred dollars it would probably make more sense to send my data logs to a tuner and see what he can do.

Peter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.