Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Anyone have this happen

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Triz 
#1 ·
So i have a 14 sxt plus supersport. Catback exhaust and intake. I have a diablosport tuner with a custom 91 tune from "the other guy".
His service is awsome. But i have noticed a couple things lately.
First is if i am using the paddle shifters and in normal mode driving WOT passing a car or something it will upshift from 2nd to 3rd around 5000rpms or so. That does not happen in sport mode or with the factory tune installed.
Also sometimes when i am driving like 40 kms an hour and i down shift from 3rd to 2nd the rpms will bounce for a second or two before steadying out.
I still have to send the tuner my data logs but i am kinda worried about driving it with the custom tune.
What you guys think

#2 ·
So i have a 14 sxt plus supersport. Catback exhaust and intake. I have a diablosport tuner with a custom 91 tune from "the other guy".
His service is awsome. But i have noticed a couple things lately.
First is if i am using the paddle shifters and in normal mode driving WOT passing a car or something it will upshift from 2nd to 3rd around 5000rpms or so. That does not happen in sport mode or with the factory tune installed.
Also sometimes when i am driving like 40 kms an hour and i down shift from 3rd to 2nd the rpms will bounce for a second or two before steadying out.
I still have to send the tuner my data logs but i am kinda worried about driving it with the custom tune.
What you guys think
The engine won't upshift in sport mode, regardless of the tune. The RPM bounce is normal unless you're its bouncing all over the place. Should be fine with the tune but have the tuner look at the logs and drive conservatively until he can review them.

#4 · (Edited)
I don't want it to upshift in sport. But it upshifts really early in non sport mode.
I see what you're saying. The upshifts in non sport mode is a function of the programming of the transmission itself (the TCM). Last time I checked there is no way to tune the TCM to adjust shift points. Check with the tuner, but I doubt he did anything that would affect non sport mode shifting behavior since the TCM can't be adjusted on the '14 models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.