Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Diablo Predator U7135 Information Source

127K views 248 replies 76 participants last post by  cruiserdan 
#1 · (Edited)
Thought I would start this thread in an attempt to have a dedicated source where anyone having information to share or questions to ask about the Diablo Predator U7135.It seems that throughout this forum there is an immense amount of scattered information that is very useful but difficult to locate at times.Perhaps if everyone can post here it will create a one stop shop where we all can access and utilize the power of the Predator more efficiently.

Kick it off with some questions about the U7135.

1.I loaded the CAI 91 Octane tune into my 09 Auto R/T.Before doing so I modified the cooling Fan setttings for a 180º T-Stat and disabled the MDS.I Then uploaded the previously mentioned tune.After doing so I noticed that the Exhaust Gas Recirculating(EGR) parameter was set to 'Off'.Does this automatically happen when disabling the MDS,changing the fan settings or loading a canned tune?Is it better from a performance standpoint to have the EGR off or will having it off put the engine at risk in any way?

2.If I later wish to change additional parameters within the 'Modify Tune' menu do I have to reload the entire tune again or can I just go in and make the changes to the already loaded tune?If I have to reload the entire tune do I have to start from scratch and reload my stock tune first then make all the parameter changes in the canned tune and reload it to the PCM?

3.What do the 'REV and Speed Limiter' changes do?What would be considered safe settings if modifying?Will these setting changes work on the R/T Automatics?

4.In the 'Quick Adjust' menu under the 'Shift Points' parameter it states that the it will raise the shift points by a set values on the 5.7L: 1-2 shifts at 5,800RPM,2-3 & 3-4 shifts at 6,000RPM,...but it does not mention anything about the 4-5 shift,:scratchhead:,...Am I missing something here?Also,do these shift points apply to the 5.7L Automatics?

5.Does the 'Auotostick Auto Upshift' when disabled still allow tthe transmission to downshift?Is it safe to change the 'REV & Speed Limiters' if the 'Autostick Auto Upshift' is disable.

6.Is it necessary to update my Predator to the latest 9r23b crom revision file?I currently have the 9r17 revision file installed.

7.After I complete my modifications I will be doing some data logging for custom tune to be created.Should I data log with the CAI 91 Octane tune that I have already loaded in the car or restore the original stock tune from the Predator to the car and then do the data logging?

8.Has anyone had success in turning off the 'ESP' under the 'Quick Adjust' menu on an Auto R/T?I have also heard this off setting referred to as 'Dyno mode',...should we be running our cars on a dyno with ESP fully off?

I know there is a lot here to answer but I'm fairly new to this modification game and want to understand what will work,how it works and if there may be any high risk in changing certain parameters.

Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#2 ·
I actually wanted to ask a question on whether the diablo predator tunes work on cars that are non US specs. I checked with mr norm's garage on getting the kennebell blower, they said that it can be installed but depending on where the car was purchased the tune may not work :S, is this true? Does this also mean that the diablo tunes cannot be used on cars from other countries?

#3 ·
DCX will write a custom tune for you with your specs of mods and Car details then email it through; you can then download it straight to your predator; DCX will factor in the KB:smokin:

Reactions: D-town
#8 ·
Is the predator compatable with windows Vista, what is needed to update revisions from the Dioblosport website? Do new predators come with the latest version for 2010 SRT already installed?
I've not had any problems with Vista. Even had a custom tune sent to me from DiabloMike and it works great.

#6 ·
DazCwelshy, I understand that custom tunes can be done, but I'm simply asking whether it matters what spec the car comes from and whether an already made tune can properly work on it e.g. 93 octane tune on diablo predator, or kennebell tune etc... is there any reason why these tunes should not work on cars that are tuned for other countries?

#9 ·
Yeah having a predator and the autobahn out here in Germany is a great combination, thanks Mike!!

#10 ·
Predator Instructions and Operation Info.

Here is some info.on the operation of the Predator.The sources cover just about ever aspect of the tool.

Check this link out:
Diablosport Predator

Also,see below the attached PDF Files.

1. 05-up Hemi Predator custom tune instructions
These instructions will guide you through the process of installing a custom tune on your 05-newer Hemi Predator.

Required Items

1: Serial Cable:
Standard straight-through DB9 (9-pin to 9-pin) RS232C serial cable (6 foot cable is more than enough) or a USB to serial adapter. Check your computer to see if you have a male or a female port on the back, as some are different. You will need a male end to go into your Predator.
(Radio Shack Part # 26-117, 6-ft DB9 male to DB9 female shielded cable.)

2: Power Adapter:
CLASS 2 TRANSFORMER
OUTPUT : 12VDC 1000mA (1 Amp)(Radio Shack Part # 273-1776)
Note: Plug Tip is 2.5mm x 5.5mm, female, and center is positive.(Radio Shack Part # 273-1717)

Radio Shack normally carries both of these items. Most Wal-Marts have the Power Adapter (multi output version).

Note: If you have a laptop, you can use the vehicle's power to power up the Predator, instead of using a Power Adapter, and just do the following with your laptop and Predator inside of your vehicle.

Saving original backup to PC:
Go to our website at HYPERLINK "http://www.diablosport.com" DiabloSport :: Gas and Diesel Tuning Systems and click downloads from the left hand side of the screen.
Select part number U7135. You will automatically be directed to the download page for that part number.
Go to the bottom of the page and download the DSDownloader installer. (Right click, save target as).
Run the program and go through the install wizard to set up the DSDownloader. Allow it to set up a desktop icon for easy access to the software.
Once the install is complete, run the DSDownloader program. You will get a message box saying ‘not registered’. This is normal, just click ‘OK’.

Power up the Predator with the 12v power supply and connect the serial port to the bottom of the tool.
Once the tool has booted up and is on the main screen, press ‘get tune file from Predator’ on the DSDownloader.
A copy of the original backup file will automatically be extracted from the Predator.
Once the file has been uploaded, the DSDownloader will ask if you would like to save it in the .ori file directory. Choose ‘no’ and direct it to save the file to your desktop or somewhere that you can find it easily.
Your original backup file is now saved to your PC.

Sending a custom tune to the Predator:
Open up the DSDownloader and connect the Predator to the PC and power it up.

On the DSDownloader press the ‘send tune file to Predator’ button.
You will get a new window asking you to select the file for download.
Browse through the computer to find where you saved the custom tune, and click it once, then press ‘open’.
If this is the first time you are sending a tune to the Predator, you will get a new window saying a valid base file could not be found. Click ‘Yes’.
Now, direct the DSDownloader to look in your desktop or wherever you saved the backup file and highlight it, then press open.
The DSDownloader will automatically compare these files to determine if they are the same size and of the same calibration.
Once it determines the files are OK, it will download the file to the Predator. This will all happen very fast, usually in under 10 seconds.
The DSDownloader will tell you that the download was successful, and the Predator will say ‘import OK’.
You may now unhook the Predator and go to the car to install the custom tune.

If for any reason you cannot upload the backup file or download a custom tune to the Predator after following these instructions, please call our tech support department at 561-908-0040.

2. I have been asked this alot and here is breakdown on what I like to see as far as pids go in order to properly adjust a calibration.
I split it up in the two different groups for 05-06 and then 07-up and they are grouped by the groups they are listed in Predator/Trinty and Dataviewer.
Dashboards are attached for Dataviewer as well.

2005-2006 PIDS

EPDSS
RPM
rpm
Foundation Inputs
MPH
mph
Charge Temperature
ACT
F
Coolant Temperature
ECT
F
Desired Fuel Air
OPEN LOOP FA
FAR
Fuel Flows
1/1 Short Term ADAP
%
2/1 Short Term ADAP
%
1/1 Long Term ADAP
%
2/1 Long Term ADAP
%
BARO
kPa
PRATIO
PRatio
Injector Control
TOTAL WORKING PW CYL1
us
Knock Control
KNK LT RETARD
deg
KNK ST RETARD
deg
Spark
ACTUAL SPK CYL1
deg
BASE SPK
deg
MAP
SENSED MAP
kPa
MAP TO USE
kPa
READ MAP KPA
kPa
Miscellaneous
RAW TPS1
V
RAW TPS2
V

2007-up PIDS

Igntion
Base Spark
Deg
Actual Spark Cyl 1
Deg
Intake
Intake Air Temp Deg
F
Manifold Air Pressure
kPa
Barometric Pressure
in Hg
Injector Pulse Width Cylinder 1
us
Fuel
REQD FUEL CHARGE CYL1
mg/charge
Miscellaneous
1/1 Short Term ADAP
%
2/1 Short Term ADAP
%
2/1 Long Term ADAP
%
1/1 Long Term ADAP
%
DESIRED FA CYL1
FAR
OPEN LOOP FA
FAR
READ MAP KPA
kPa
P-Ratio MAP/BARO
PRatio
Misfire
KNK LT RETARD
deg
KNK ST RETARD
Deg
Performance
Vehicle Speed
mph
Engine Speed
rpm
Read Engine RPM
rpm
Throttle
Throttle Position Sensor Percent
%
Accelerator Pedal Position
%
Throttle Blade Position
%

Attachments

#12 ·
Dyno mode

I have heard that turning off the ESP with the Predator puts the car in 'Dyno Mode'.Is there any truth to this and how does it differ from the 'Key Trick'?

#19 ·
I have heard that turning off the ESP with the Predator puts the car in 'Dyno Mode'.Is there any truth to this and how does it differ from the 'Key Trick'?
I run in "Dyno Mode" on my 09 SRT only at the drag strip. In addition to turning off the ESP, it turns off the ABS. I wouldn't recommend doing that if you are driving on the street, you never know when you'll need it. On SRTs, we can turn ESP all off by pushing and holding the ESP button for 10 seconds. I believe the "key trick" accomplishes the same thing. I use dyno mode at the track just because this allows me to run with ESP off without having to remember to turn if off everytime. Dyno mode also helps when you're actually on a dyno.

#13 ·
EGR?

Before I uploaded the CAI 91 Octane tune I went into the 'Modify Tune' and adjusted a couple of parameters.I noticed that the Exhaust Gas Recirculating (EGR) was set to 'Off'.I left it that way and loaded the tune.

My question is,should I leave it off or turn it on and is their any advantage/disadvantage to having it 'Off'?

#15 ·
i'm having a hard time finding that ac adapter. i enter that part number into radio shack's site and it doesnt come up. i tried searching for just a 12 volt adapter and no luck. anyone got a link to one that will work?

thanks.

#16 ·
Class 2 Transformer
Output:12VDC 1000mA(1 Amp) (Radio Shack Part# 273-1776)
Note:plug tip is 2.5mm x 5.5mm,female and center is positive(Radio Shack Part# 273-1717).

Radio Shack normally carries both of these items.Most Wal-Marts have the Power Adapter(Multi output version).

#17 · (Edited)
Data Logging PIDS U7135 Predator-DCX Depot

Attached is the PIDS list From Tim C. at DCX Depot that they like to work with when writting a Custom Tune for our vehicles.Also,they said to include a list of modifications when emailing the file to them.

Attachments

#18 ·
Fo the manual 6 speeders....

I noticed that the skip shift add on mod is referenced with the custom tunes. Why? It is controlled and turned off by the preditor custom tune, is it not?

Save the time and money do not buy the skip shift hardware, just turn it off.

#20 ·
why would you run Dyno mode at the track rather than just ESP off? seems to me, ABS at the track could be a good thing.

Also, Where can i find a map of the PIDs for my 2010 challenger for the trinity. Its like everything is tuck away in a submenu so when I need to find a certain PID, i need to search the trinity until I find it and its aggravating me

#21 · (Edited)
why would you run Dyno mode at the track rather than just ESP off? seems to me, ABS at the track could be a good thing.
At the speeds I go, if I get out of shape enough to hit the brakes hard enough for ABS to kick in, I'm in real trouble. There's plenty of time to stop.

However, remembering to turn off the ESP before every run is harder than you think (at least for me). If you forget, you have a bad burnout, then you have to stop for 10 seconds to turn the ESP off while everyone is waiting on you. On top of that, it's a big distraction to your focus and it's difficult to get it back. Having it off for the entire time you're at the track makes it one less thing you have to think about when you're trying to win the race. Then you turn dyno mode off when you leave.

#23 ·
? Intalling or reprograming does it void warranty?

Thought I would start this thread in an attempt to have a dedicated source where anyone having information to share or questions to ask about the Diablo Predator U7135.It seems that throughout this forum there is an immense amount of scattered information that is very useful but difficult to locate at times.Perhaps if everyone can post here it will create a one stop shop where we all can access and utilize the power of the Predator more efficiently.

Kick it off with some questions about the U7135.

1.I loaded the CAI 91 Octane tune into my 09 Auto R/T.Before doing so I modified the cooling Fan setttings for a 180º T-Stat and disabled the MDS.I Then uploaded the previously mentioned tune.After doing so I noticed that the Exhaust Gas Recirculating(EGR) parameter was set to 'Off'.Does this automatically happen when disabling the MDS,changing the fan settings or loading a canned tune?Is it better from a performance standpoint to have the EGR off or will having it off put the engine at risk in any way?

2.If I later wish to change additional parameters within the 'Modify Tune' menu do I have to reload the entire tune again or can I just go in and make the changes to the already loaded tune?If I have to reload the entire tune do I have to start from scratch and reload my stock tune first then make all the parameter changes in the canned tune and reload it to the PCM?

3.What do the 'REV and Speed Limiter' changes do?What would be considered safe settings if modifying?Will these setting changes work on the R/T Automatics?

4.In the 'Quick Adjust' menu under the 'Shift Points' parameter it states that the it will raise the shift points by a set values on the 5.7L: 1-2 shifts at 5,800RPM,2-3 & 3-4 shifts at 6,000RPM,...but it does not mention anything about the 4-5 shift,:scratchhead:,...Am I missing something here?Also,do these shift points apply to the 5.7L Automatics?

5.Does the 'Auotostick Auto Upshift' when disabled still allow tthe transmission to downshift?Is it safe to change the 'REV & Speed Limiters' if the 'Autostick Auto Upshift' is disable.

6.Is it necessary to update my Predator to the latest 9r23b crom revision file?I currently have the 9r17 revision file installed.

7.After I complete my modifications I will be doing some data logging for custom tune to be created.Should I data log with the CAI 91 Octane tune that I have already loaded in the car or restore the original stock tune from the Predator to the car and then do the data logging?

8.Has anyone had success in turning off the 'ESP' under the 'Quick Adjust' menu on an Auto R/T?I have also heard this off setting referred to as 'Dyno mode',...should we be running our cars on a dyno with ESP fully off?

I know there is a lot here to answer but I'm fairly new to this modification game and want to understand what will work,how it works and if there may be any high risk in changing certain parameters.

Thanks in advance.

Read many good things on this tune! I would guess that this tune if modified and left in car when or if engine problems, dealer would probebly not warranty engine or transmission if original is modified? Would like to purchase and install tune just wondering what or if tuned and left would cause warranty issue! (No warranty etc. as have balance of factory warrany left 1 year and extended left another 2 years = 3 total) I realize after warranty are on own anyway but really do want to install it just not sure is smart move? Risk to Reward worth it?

#24 ·
To reinstall my stock tune do I have to delete my custom tune from the car? I thought there was a ''Restore stock tune'' type option on the tool but apparently not. I have to bring the car into the dealer soon. Can anyone chime in on the steps to go back to the original tune?

Reactions: sharpe1
#26 ·
Got my Predator today and loaded the 93 CAI tune and WOW!!!!! Me Likey!!!!!! MDS is now off and oh boy what a difference.

Would like to know what the axle ratio part is? As well as other options on the Predator. Not sure which rear end is in our Auto. Not sure what I would highlight in the paramaters...:-(

Cant find the info on their web site.

Thanks in advance..:)

#27 ·
The option for "axle ratio" is used to change the rear end ratio setting in the car's computer. You use this when you change your rear gears (say 3.06 to 3.55) so that your computer can recalibrate your speedometer and other speed-sensitive components. More often needed is the "tire size" option when you change the size of your rear tires so that the computer can recalibrate speed for different size tires. Hope that helps.

#28 ·
Very helpful...:) Thank you!! New to this Predator thing, so I have lots to learn....:)

Car runs great though, love the new "feeling" it has:bigthumb:

Not going to mess much with the fan settings or some of the other adj. don't want to fry the car......lol.

If I do decide to replace the t-stat I may ask more ? about fan settings then...:)

Thanks again for the help and info.:thumbsup:

#29 ·
No problem. Yes, stay away from the fan settings until you actually change your thermostat temperature. For when you actually do the swap, there are 8 or 9 fan temp settings to change. My rule of thumb is to take the stock temperature (203°, but I use 205° as my base number) and subtract the new thermostat temperature (180° for example) and use that number (25° in this example) to lower each setting by that amount. If memory serves, there are really only two different stock temps to worry about: 215° and 219°. Just change them to 190° and 194° respectively, and your fans will be set just fine. If you go to a different temp thermostat, use that one to figure out how much to change the settings.

#31 ·
DCX Depot Predator Custom Tune

I just recently received my Custom Tune from DCX Depot.After uploading it to my 09 R/T Auto I noticed that the car seemed to run a little sluggish compared to the Predator CAI 91 Octane tune I had previously been running.

I had purchased the package from DCX Depot that included the Predator and 3 Custom Tune Revisions.

Has anyone had to get their original custom tune tweaked one or two times until it was dialed in for optimum performance?If so did you data log with the original custom tune installed?

When installing your custom tune for the first time did you reload your 'Factory Tune' first then load the custom tune or did you load the custom tune over an already loaded Predator canned tune?

Also,when data logging for the original Custom tune did you have the 'Factory Tune' installed or did you data log with a 'Predator Canned Tune' installed?

What would be the correct way of doing the above or does it matter?

Thanks

#32 ·
TPony you must data log with your new tune. Send the log and tune back to them and they will work it over and send the tune back to you in e mail. Reinstall sent tune ane," let tune settle in, by driving it for awhile" then data log a few wot passes, and some drive around time. If logs dont look good they will do all the above again. Mild moded cars usually only one log session gets it.
Tim at DCX got my NA tune set up also. With a seperate N2O tune.

#33 ·
Predator PDF Instructions

Predator Instructional PDF Documents.

Attachments

#34 ·
Predator PDF Instructions Part 2

Predator Instructional PDF Documents Part 2.

Attachments

#35 ·
Predator U7135 User Manual

Predator U7135 User Manual.

Attachments

#36 ·
Trinity Instuctional PDF

Trinity PDF Instuctional Information.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.