Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Diablo Predator U7135 Information Source

127K views 248 replies 76 participants last post by  cruiserdan 
#1 · (Edited)
Thought I would start this thread in an attempt to have a dedicated source where anyone having information to share or questions to ask about the Diablo Predator U7135.It seems that throughout this forum there is an immense amount of scattered information that is very useful but difficult to locate at times.Perhaps if everyone can post here it will create a one stop shop where we all can access and utilize the power of the Predator more efficiently.

Kick it off with some questions about the U7135.

1.I loaded the CAI 91 Octane tune into my 09 Auto R/T.Before doing so I modified the cooling Fan setttings for a 180º T-Stat and disabled the MDS.I Then uploaded the previously mentioned tune.After doing so I noticed that the Exhaust Gas Recirculating(EGR) parameter was set to 'Off'.Does this automatically happen when disabling the MDS,changing the fan settings or loading a canned tune?Is it better from a performance standpoint to have the EGR off or will having it off put the engine at risk in any way?

2.If I later wish to change additional parameters within the 'Modify Tune' menu do I have to reload the entire tune again or can I just go in and make the changes to the already loaded tune?If I have to reload the entire tune do I have to start from scratch and reload my stock tune first then make all the parameter changes in the canned tune and reload it to the PCM?

3.What do the 'REV and Speed Limiter' changes do?What would be considered safe settings if modifying?Will these setting changes work on the R/T Automatics?

4.In the 'Quick Adjust' menu under the 'Shift Points' parameter it states that the it will raise the shift points by a set values on the 5.7L: 1-2 shifts at 5,800RPM,2-3 & 3-4 shifts at 6,000RPM,...but it does not mention anything about the 4-5 shift,:scratchhead:,...Am I missing something here?Also,do these shift points apply to the 5.7L Automatics?

5.Does the 'Auotostick Auto Upshift' when disabled still allow tthe transmission to downshift?Is it safe to change the 'REV & Speed Limiters' if the 'Autostick Auto Upshift' is disable.

6.Is it necessary to update my Predator to the latest 9r23b crom revision file?I currently have the 9r17 revision file installed.

7.After I complete my modifications I will be doing some data logging for custom tune to be created.Should I data log with the CAI 91 Octane tune that I have already loaded in the car or restore the original stock tune from the Predator to the car and then do the data logging?

8.Has anyone had success in turning off the 'ESP' under the 'Quick Adjust' menu on an Auto R/T?I have also heard this off setting referred to as 'Dyno mode',...should we be running our cars on a dyno with ESP fully off?

I know there is a lot here to answer but I'm fairly new to this modification game and want to understand what will work,how it works and if there may be any high risk in changing certain parameters.

Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#178 ·
I've used the 93 CAI tune and noticed a power increase, enough to get too much wheelspin at the track so I went back to the 91 CAI until I get better strip tires. The T-Stat just helps you to keep the motor on the cooler side of the half way point most of the time. It may lessen 'heat soak' too along with the open hood scoops. Haven't played with the fan settings yet.

#181 · (Edited)
I had the 93 CAI tune loaded on my 09 6-speed SRT8 with BBK CAI and Borla catback. The 93 CAI tune seemed to smooth out the throttle response a lot. I can't say it had a seat of the pants difference in WOT pull but street driving just got better with the 93 tune as far as added low end torque and just a smoother rev through the rpm range.

Dynoed it in April at 370hp and she was running rich. If I take about 2% fuel out across the range it should have bumped power up to about 390 according to the tuner guy at the shop. Perhaps all Challengers are running rich.

I just traded my 09 SRT for a 2011 392. No real mods out for that yet but in town driving was wearing me out with the 6-speed and I missed having a sun roof. The new RHR radio is also sweet!

If anyone is interested in my 09 Srt8 it is at Huffines Dodge in Plano Texas (N Dallas). That car has been taken very good care of, garaged, only 20K on odometer. She runs like a brute.

#184 ·
Hello fellow Dodgers, Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I
just received my Predator tuner today, but car is full of 89 octane (recommended). Do I need to run/ syphon it out and fill w/ 91 octane to install a tune?
ps
LOL...if your like me, in one week that gas is gone and time to fill up again. Burn off half tank, go fill up with 93 and it'll balance out and be fine.

You could put the 91 tune on now and just keep off the wide open throttle runs. Drive it like a Toyota Corolla for a week.

#183 ·
You could postpone the tune till you could fill up with enough 93 octane to raise the overall octane to 91, or you could buy a quart of Torco octane booster(expensive) least expensive I found was $99 for six quarts.None of the other so called boosters actually raise the octane any significant amount..., no matter what the ads say.

#186 · (Edited)
First make sure your Predator is updated with the latest 9r29.crom file that was just released on June,10,2011.This is available for free at the Diablosport site.The new crom file will include the 'Trottle Boost' which can be located in the 'Modify Tune' menu and I believe the 'Quick Adjust' menu as well.The 'Autostick Auto Upshift' can be located in the 'Quick Adjust' menu.

Also,with the the new 9r29.crom file you will get the new 'MPG Booster Tunes' and 'Shift Point Adjust' which are applicable to 2008 to 2010 cars only.I have not yet updated to the new crom file so can not comment on where the 'MPG Booster Tunes' are located,however the 'Shift Point Adjust' should be found in the 'Quick Adjust' menu,...at least it was in previous crome file versions.

I will be updating to the 9r29.crom file in the next few days and will post any new findings in relation to parameter location as they do seem to vary with each updated crom file.

#187 ·
Thanx for the tip about the crom file. Let us know what you find out. Is Throttle Boost meant to do what the Sprint Booster does for pedal lag?

#189 ·
I think you can back up tunes to a computer then reload them.

#192 · (Edited)
why can i only store 1 custom tune?
also why does my custom tune need changed everytime we update?
esp and tire size doesn't stay in predator

thanks for help
Good question,...you should be able to store 5 Custom Tunes.What crom file is in your Predator?

I believe the reason the Custom tune must be reloaded after each update to the Predator is due to a change in software coding.New crom versions will not recognize a previously stored Custom Tune and therefore will delete it.

With respect to the ESP & Tire size parameters I have read that even though it may not show a change in the menu after making an adjustment the Predator has actually accepted the parameter change.This has been discussed on the Diablosport site forum in the 'Predator Technical Discussion' heading under the 'Predator Dodge Gas' topic.

Some other individuals in that forum site had also experienced the same issue but tested to see if the Predator actually made the changes to tire size by using a GPS to measure the distance travelled.They reported that the results were 100% accurate in relation to their new tire size and parameter adjustments that they had programed into the Predator.

I believe it is the same situation for the ESP parameters.You should be able to tell as the car will perform much better when the ESP is fully disabled,...you will feel a noticable difference.I press the ESP button once then use the 'Key Trick' to fully disable the ESP.The 'ESP' Mr.Squiggly,ABS & BAS lights illuminate on the dash and will remain on until you restart the vehicle or reset the ESP parameter to 'ON' using the Predator.

#193 ·
To the OP question #4, I believe re: rev limiter in 4th gear.If you are hitting 6000 rpm in 4th, you just passed Jr. Earnhart on the back straightaway at Daytona :) and unless you have awesome skills you may be preparing to meet Earnhart Sr.

#195 · (Edited)
The ability to resist knock is related to a fuels octane rating and high compression engines have a tendency to create more knock.Of course air will be thinner the higher you go above sea level.Less air flowing into the cylinders will result in less pressure at TDC(top dead centre) when combustion occurs.In a sense it is like lowering the compression ratio in an engine which in turn will reduce the requirement for high octane fuel.

Cars run fine on lower octane fuel when driving well above sea level.You will probably find that areas which are well above sea level will have fuel at the pumps ranging from 85 to 89 octane at the low to mid and 91 octane being the top premium fuel.Just time your fuel consumption so that when your nearing denser air at low altitudes most of the low octane fuel has been burned,...then just refill with the higher octane grade.

Concerning the the Predator tune perhaps just installing the '91 Octane CAI Tune' for your trip would be the way to go.Do you drive an SRT or R/T model?

#198 ·
I have a 2011 SRT8 and my predator from my 09 waiting to see if they come out with downloads for the new models as well.

#199 ·
Try contacting Diablosport,so far they haven't been able to decode the the 2011 PCM's. When and if they are sucessful I would expect it will take a new tool especially for 2011's and newer.

#200 ·
Anybody have issues with their A/C after changing fan settings? Hot as hell here in TX these days and I have a problem where my A/C won't cool until I am able to get some high RPMs going through it (as in getting on it hard in 1st and 2nd), then it blows cold. If I sit at an idle for more than a couple minutes, same issue.
I have a 180 degree t-stat and set the following settings:
1) Cooling fans AC off
High MPH HS fan on 199.39
High MPH LS fan on 190.39
High MPH MS fan on 199.39
Low MPH HS fan on 199.39
Low MPH LS fan on 190.39
Low MPH MS fan on 199.39
2) Cooling fans AC on
HS fan on 199.39
LS fan on 190.39
MS fan on 199.39

Do I need to raise or lower A/C on settings?
Thanks!

#201 ·
Anybody have issues with their A/C after changing fan settings? Hot as hell here in TX these days and I have a problem where my A/C won't cool until I am able to get some high RPMs going through it (as in getting on it hard in 1st and 2nd), then it blows cold. If I sit at an idle for more than a couple minutes, same issue.
I have a 180 degree t-stat and set the following settings:
1) Cooling fans AC off
High MPH HS fan on 199.39
High MPH LS fan on 190.39
High MPH MS fan on 199.39
Low MPH HS fan on 199.39
Low MPH LS fan on 190.39
Low MPH MS fan on 199.39
2) Cooling fans AC on
HS fan on 199.39
LS fan on 190.39
MS fan on 199.39
Do I need to raise or lower A/C on settings?
Thanks!

If your in traffic not as much air is going through the condenser. Refridgerant is not condensing. Takes air flow. Your in extream record heat also affects this. When you build RPM the compressor pumps down faster, lower, harder, all affecting temp out the vent. Once rpm climbes to a certain set point,,, it shuts off momentairly. Due to low preasure switch. Its blows the cold for a bit after you do that for you lowered the refrdigerant preasure (tempature) momentairly.
As ambient temps drop, it should be ok.
Take it to the shop for a check anyway.
FlatTop

#203 ·
With AC on, fan runs all the time, with AC off if you have 180* stat set it for 180*, you want the engine running as cool as possible. I had a Hypertech 172* stat on my C5vette, I ran at 172*.I ran consistant 1/4's without any cool down time. At Baytown on Friday night if you want more than two passes it's best to loop right back to the staging lanes.And I'm much too old to shut it down and push it, like many do.

#204 ·
1-2 shift is always 5700, 2-3 can be set to 6000, maybe more I just havent tried it.Dynoed my car in 3rd and it pulled strong all the way to 6200 which is where I set my limiter.

#205 ·
Hello everyone, Please if you have time, help to understand tuning, I have a 10 R/T 21,000 miles with a mopar cold air, flowmaster catback, auto, I've just bought some Kooks mids 2.5 inch and going to get some long tube headers. do I want/need a tuner? whats the deal how much torque/HP are they worth? do I have someone tune or get my own ? I'd like to put a cam and heads on it at that time of course I'd need. but with just the headers and C/A do I need it ??? HELP!!!!!
Thanks
KB

#206 ·
#208 ·
I have 9r23 send me a PM with your email and I'll send it to you.

#210 ·
Does anyone know what the latest crom revision is that doesn't force the CalID to be updated to 05187899AG?

There's an issue with this CalID that's affecting many 09-10 R/T 6spd owners, which is solved by rolling back the CalID, but I'd like to know if there's a crom revision later than 9r23 that I can use with CalID 05187899AE.

Diablosport support has been absolutely no help in finding this info, so any insight would be much appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.