Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Diablo Predator U7135 Information Source

127K views 248 replies 76 participants last post by  cruiserdan 
#1 · (Edited)
Thought I would start this thread in an attempt to have a dedicated source where anyone having information to share or questions to ask about the Diablo Predator U7135.It seems that throughout this forum there is an immense amount of scattered information that is very useful but difficult to locate at times.Perhaps if everyone can post here it will create a one stop shop where we all can access and utilize the power of the Predator more efficiently.

Kick it off with some questions about the U7135.

1.I loaded the CAI 91 Octane tune into my 09 Auto R/T.Before doing so I modified the cooling Fan setttings for a 180Âş T-Stat and disabled the MDS.I Then uploaded the previously mentioned tune.After doing so I noticed that the Exhaust Gas Recirculating(EGR) parameter was set to 'Off'.Does this automatically happen when disabling the MDS,changing the fan settings or loading a canned tune?Is it better from a performance standpoint to have the EGR off or will having it off put the engine at risk in any way?

2.If I later wish to change additional parameters within the 'Modify Tune' menu do I have to reload the entire tune again or can I just go in and make the changes to the already loaded tune?If I have to reload the entire tune do I have to start from scratch and reload my stock tune first then make all the parameter changes in the canned tune and reload it to the PCM?

3.What do the 'REV and Speed Limiter' changes do?What would be considered safe settings if modifying?Will these setting changes work on the R/T Automatics?

4.In the 'Quick Adjust' menu under the 'Shift Points' parameter it states that the it will raise the shift points by a set values on the 5.7L: 1-2 shifts at 5,800RPM,2-3 & 3-4 shifts at 6,000RPM,...but it does not mention anything about the 4-5 shift,:scratchhead:,...Am I missing something here?Also,do these shift points apply to the 5.7L Automatics?

5.Does the 'Auotostick Auto Upshift' when disabled still allow tthe transmission to downshift?Is it safe to change the 'REV & Speed Limiters' if the 'Autostick Auto Upshift' is disable.

6.Is it necessary to update my Predator to the latest 9r23b crom revision file?I currently have the 9r17 revision file installed.

7.After I complete my modifications I will be doing some data logging for custom tune to be created.Should I data log with the CAI 91 Octane tune that I have already loaded in the car or restore the original stock tune from the Predator to the car and then do the data logging?

8.Has anyone had success in turning off the 'ESP' under the 'Quick Adjust' menu on an Auto R/T?I have also heard this off setting referred to as 'Dyno mode',...should we be running our cars on a dyno with ESP fully off?

I know there is a lot here to answer but I'm fairly new to this modification game and want to understand what will work,how it works and if there may be any high risk in changing certain parameters.

Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#211 ·
Release 9r30 (Adds MPG booster tunes, shift point adjust for 08-10 cars) 01-12-2012 9r30 u7135-9r30.crom (1241k)

Here is the link for the page the updates on.
DiabloSport :: Gas and Diesel Tuning Systems

That is the new update. It was released 1/12/12. I have a 10rt 6speed. I installed the update to the device and then to the car in about 25 minutes.

As far as CalID 05187899AE, I am not sure what thats about.

#212 · (Edited)
Try putting your car in 4th on the freeway, hitting the gas, quickly taking your foot off the gas, and hitting the gas again.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f37/acceleration-delay-34036/

The Calibration Update (the "AG" CalID) you had to install to use the latest crom has a bug that affects 09-10 6spd R/T cars.

Reverting back to the older AE CalID fixes this, but you have to use an older crom file to do so. That's why I asked... what I asked.

#213 ·
Not sure if anyone has run into this, but a couple months back I was cruising into work (running 93 stock program) and I started to have a misfire (flashing CEL) that would come and go every minute or two. Its hard to say if it was due to the predator, but I pulled over and ran the stock settings back in and the car then ran fine. I put the 93 back on, and it still ran fine. Anyone else have this problem?

#215 ·
So today l after putting my foot to the floor then lifting and then stuffing it I noticed a slight hesitation. I never would have noticed it had I not read this thread. Anyway so the only way to fix that is to load 23 back on?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#216 ·
This has probably been asked many times... can you turn off tq management with the Predator??? or is it just traction control and pretty much the same if you just hold in the esp off button for a few seconds????

#217 ·
Torque mgmnt is on the six speeds and is controlled by the tcu. Neither the predator nor the dash button will remove it.FWIW a tuner has been trying to eliminate or at least reduce it. There is a long post in the problems section, last time I looked he hadn't been successful.

#218 ·
Thx for the reply... Are you saying there is no TQ management in the autos??? I know it is definitely more noticeable in the six speeds when shifting, but pretty sure it exists in the auto's too.

#220 ·
How is it that Diablosport (and others) cannot make a tuner for the 2011 / 2012 Dodge cars.... but there are programmers out there for the new Dodge Diesel trucks ??? Dodge decide not to encrypt the trucks but just the cars ?

I threw in the towel waiting for an update for my 2011 SRT8 and sold the Predator from my 2009 I was holding on to. Kept thinking they would finally come out with a tune I could download for my 7135 and apply it to my 2011.

#221 ·
Automatics have torque converters and electronic solenoids from Benz are detuned versions of the blue top solenoids available in the Mercedes Benz cars.shift times are approximately .2 seconds and the car only shifts twice in the quarter mile.A google search will find much info on torque management on the six speeds, a former sponsor has data log graphs of what the timing does when you shift a six speed and it is not a pretty sight.Engine timing drops from 20+ advance to 4.5 degrees and timewise takes several seconds to fully recover.There should be no way in the world I could beat a 392,but I have on both occasions.I mean they have at least 50 more rwhp and my car is not a factory freak just an auto with a modified predator tune and still running those god awful Rsa tires.

#223 ·
When you first plug in the Predator it reads the tune in your car and stores it in the device before it does any overwriting of a new tune. Once it stores a original car tune it is 'married' to that car and cannot be used for any other car. You won't screw up the car by writing a tune. When you first plug it in if you go through the Menu it can check to see what tune is in the car and tell you if it is a tune it recognizes as a Diablosport tune.

I would hope no one sold you a Predator that was 'married' to another car or car that was not restored back to it's stock tune. Tho judging by the cars stock airbox/exhaust on a 09 I'd bet the car has never been tuned as the tunes work better when those have been replaced by aftermarket CAI and cat-back exhaust. The first mods most people do before buying a Tuner.

#226 ·
Yes,as long as you reload your car with the factory stock tune from your Predator you can then use the Predator tuner on another vehicle,...as long as the Predator model #7135 that you have is compatible with the other vehicle.You can check that by visiting the 'Diablosport' site.

#227 · (Edited)
ok. How do you verify its unmarried to your car. I am gettign ready to trade my 09 for a 12. Iremoved the CAI and Corsa. Had the 93 Max tune loaded.
I told it to reload the "backup original tune"
Am I good to go. Went through the screen but could not see one that displayed unmarried to the car.

I guess I was looking for it to read "return to stock"
Thanks

#232 ·
Adjusted mine to the full 20%.The car's responsiveness is much better and the lag time to acceleration has pretty much disappeared.I have noticed however that my kilometers/litre has been reduced but that seems to happen only when I am a little heavy on the throttle.Driving in Autostick seems to improve this situation as well.

#231 · (Edited)
Ok, I have been away for about a year from CT and reading the forums. But...now I'm confused.:crazy:

I have a 7135 I purchased for my 2010 R/T. When I sold the 2010, I put the stock tune back into the car. I was always under the impression that once you "married" the 7135 to any car, it had to be sent to DS to have it reset. Now after reading posts by 09R/TPony, Crow, and ADH, I am under the impression that since the 7135 is back to "it's original state", then it is good to marry to another car as long as the 7135 will mate to that particular car. My wife is driving a '06 Charger R/T and would love to be able to use the 7135 again.

Is what I stated above true???

Thanks!!!:thup:

#234 ·
Yes,the 7135 is compatible with your 2006 Charger R/T.You do not have to send it to DS for any reprograming.You're good to go.

#238 ·
As far as I know it does not exist for the Predator.I purchased mine in 2010 and the Disable Skip Shift does not appear in the menu.However,the new Diablosport InTune I-1000 does have the Disable Skip Shift feature.

See the attached Predator menu map PDF.

Attachments

#239 ·
Thanks for the replys to my questions guys.

#242 ·
I would think I can get the program out of my 7135 and post it here if you would like. It was for my 2010 R/T with 6spd. trans. If you have another year Challenger, then you might want to check with DS. They provided that tune to me for free.

#247 ·
Custom Tune

I had a custom tune done back in 2010 by the people at DCXDepot.You will have to do some data logging with your laptop and Predator connected to the DBII Port in your car and then send that file to them.They will send the custom tune to you by email which you upload into the Predator and into your vehicle.

The modifications on my the car during the data logging are as follows:
180 degree thermostat,Billet Technology catch can,K&N CAI,JBA Titanium
Coated shorty headers,Corsa Xtreme cat-back exhaust and Dialblosport Predator U7135
CAI 91 Octane Tune.

Check out the attachments.

Here is the DCXDepot contact information.

Tim Combs

Director of Sales and Marketing

877-234-5551

tim@modulardepot.com

Modulardepot.com

DCXDepot.com

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.