Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Diablo with tune for shorty headers

7K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  redlinehemi 
#1 ·
We're can I buy hands held Diablo with tune ready for 2011 challenger rt with Cai cat back exhaust an am going to pUT in mopar shorty headers or do I not need tune

#2 ·
Diablo is s vendor here that sells the tuners. A lot of the vendors do. It's up to you to decide. As far as shorties go, I'd get the tuner anyway because you can get a email or even a custom dyno tune to get the most out of your mods. Just wondering, why are you going shorties and not long tubes? For the 5.7 won't long tubes yield a little more torque in the lower rpm range, I think??

#6 ·
Getting a tune with certain bolt on mods will definitely tie in everything to get the most out of your mods. You will see and feel a significant increase especially when you have intake, exhaust, and headers.

#9 ·
It truly is a case of YMMV.
I went with SRT8 headers and cats on my 5.7. I need to stay smog legal as I am in So Cal and as they are a factory part, it will not cause a red flag even if they are not.. proper for my engine. They still do the same job just as well as the stock units as far as smog goes but they flow better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.