Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Diablo tuners..which one is better

5K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Rj-lo 
#1 ·
what is the difference between the diablo i-1000 and the t-1000 trinity (besides the price) i bought a superchips for my jeep wrangler and it did make a difference in the overall performance.maybe on a dyno nothing changed but the engine is much more responsive imo

#6 ·
ok thats the answer i was looking for (hemizsp &montreal300)the one i got for my jeep i plugged in two times and it,s been in the box ever since.i too dont need to spend another 150 for something to sit on my dash.thanks again

#7 ·
one last question..if i buy the diablo can i just plug it into my car and pick a tune or do i have to down-load the tunes from my p.c. then plug it into my car.i,m not mr. hi-tech when it comes to my computer.i can get a diablo (brand new) for 339 del to my door

#8 ·
It's pre-loaded with tunes you can use immediately. Once you plug it into your car it may suggest that you update the PCM software but I doubt if your car would need one.
They are very simple to use and have step by step on screen prompts that tell you exactly what to do and you don't need a degree in computer engineering to understand what is going on.
I assume you're buying the inTune?

#9 ·
yes on the intune.i dont need or care for the dash-mount.the way the tuner woke up my jeep its worth it.the only problem i had was the gas pedal setting.i did not know it had 3 different settings so after i put the tune on the jeep (its a 6m )i was driving around like i was just learning how drive a stick (jerking the car)went back in and picked the middle gas pedal setting and very happy,,300 bucks well spent imo

#15 ·
What's the diff. between the Intune i2 and the basic Intune DCX? Any opinions?

Just want to plug in a canned tune and remove top speed limiter, plus be able to go back to stock for warranty work.

#17 ·
Not a stupid question at all. By law, your warranty cannot be voided unless the item you changed/added was the direct cause of a warranted failure. For example, if detonation destroys your pistons, then the dealership might point to the tune and say it was the cause. On the other hand, if your front struts or springs fail, they cannot use the tune as a reason for nullifying your warranty.

Most of us swap in the stock tune if the car is going to the dealer for any work. This avoids questions and also avoids any problems if they need to reflash the PCM for any reason. If they reflash the PCM while the custom tune is loaded it turns the tuner into a brick.

#18 ·
Plum- legally speaking if you take it to a dealer and they find out you have changed the computer in any way, they can report it to Chrysler and void the warranty if they so decide. It's up to their good nature.

That's why I'm not doing any tunes (modifying the computer of the car) until the warranty period is over. Believing everything is cool and "I know the guys at the dealership and they would never do that to me" is like routinely speeding around the neighborhood and thinking to yourself, "I know all the cops around here and they won't give me a ticket."

Go down the road at 100 mph, lose control and hit another car & cause injuries, the car gets towed and everyone goes to the hospital, the other party is paralyzed. If the lawyer for a civil case, or the prosecutor finds you tuned your car, they can portray you as a speed demon who is more culpable for liability. The 1970s are OVER, and drinking and driving is not in style anymore either. Judging by the amount of beer cans I see on the side of the road, there are a lot of retards that think it's cool to drink and drive in America today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.