Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Dyno Thread Post Dyno Results

181K views 487 replies 124 participants last post by  Clutched_392 
#1 ·
Post your dyno results I had a dyno done recently,and a custom tune I'm very happy...This heavy girl is starting to give me the same feel my vette does.The power band has increased to the point I can really feel the tune add-on way downin the seat of my pants.

Im feeling way more grunt and Im getting scratch in all four gears hard!! Its is a sound that makes a car guy smile ear to ear.

I can see the passenger now fighting the G's, thats worth the trip right there,as they grab the "Oh Sheet handle"when I hit it hard!!.

This dyno info is going to be confirmed soon at another shop however feel free to post your findings and any other info concerning dynoing you ride..

Attachments

See less See more
#41 ·
GreatAmerican's Dyno Sheet

This is my dyno sheet before I swapped out the SC pulley and retuned the 2009 Challenger:

#42 · (Edited)
Gained 7 hp and 7 tq, 312hp 334 tq - this was on a MD-1120 (numbers would be higher on a dynojet).
With the hood open the gains were 11 and 14 respectively...makes you wonder if a true Ram air hood would be beneficial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tonBROpnF4o

#43 ·
What did you do to gain 7/7 11/14?

#46 ·
This is how the stock SRT-8 should be.

#49 ·
I found the following on another site.
6.4 (391)will be available for ordering and yes it is confirmed.Now Chryser is saying 475-500 hp. The auto will have MDS and manual will not

#51 ·
Here are the different result's from our shop Challenger. Lisa's Automatic 5.7L R/T

Bone Stock Dyno:

RWHP: 334.5
RWTQ: 352.4

Canned Diablo Tune, Techco CAI, and MBRP 3" Cat Back
RWHP: 365
RWTQ: 395

Diablo Tune, Techco CAI, MBRP 3" Cat Back, 85mm Throttle Body, and Zex 125 Shot
RWHP: 453
RWTQ: 540

Techco S/C w/ 6 lbs of boost, MBRP 3" Catback, 85mm Throttle Body, Custom Diablo Tune
RWHP: 467
RWHP: 471

Finally...the First 5.7 VCT Stroker w/397 Cubes, Ported Heads, Stock VCT Cam, Ported Techco S/C, 90mm Throttle Body, Bassani Longtube Headers, 3" MBRP Cat Back, Diablo Tune.

496 rwhp at 4650 rpm
579 rwtq at 3850 rpm

This is a work in progress we ran out of fuel at low RPM as seen here, we now have upgraded fuel lines, and bigger injectors, and hope to see what she will do with full throttle, some timing and full boost! should easily be high 600's, Johan thinks 700 ;)

#57 ·
Just dynoed mine today.
Runs one and two were both done bone stock, with the exception of a modded R/T airbox, and an SRT intake duct. (Removed the bottom and front for more airflow.)
The first was done with the traction control turned off and the second was done with "the key trick". This was to prove/disprove all of the discussion regarding "full off".
Basically, there was no difference.
The third was done with the duct disconnected from the airbox, and twisted around so that it could breathe. Definitely shows some restriction through the stock filter element.
Filtered: 351.74 HP, 387.03 TQ
Unfiltered: 358.47 HP, 389.35 TQ

Weather conditions were ~ 50 degrees and light rain.

#59 ·
Just dynoed mine today.
Runs one and two were both done bone stock, with the exception of a modded R/T airbox, and an SRT intake duct. (Removed the bottom and front for more airflow.)
The first was done with the traction control turned off and the second was done with "the key trick". This was to prove/disprove all of the discussion regarding "full off".
Basically, there was no difference.
The third was done with the duct disconnected from the airbox, and twisted around so that it could breathe. Definitely shows some restriction through the stock filter element.
Filtered: 351.74 HP, 387.03 TQ
Unfiltered: 358.47 HP, 389.35 TQ

Weather conditions were ~ 50 degrees and light rain.
So the unfiltered one, what is on the throttle body? is it just no filter at all?

#61 ·
That shows a potential of 6-7 hp MAX if a CAI has 0 backpressure. Would you conclude the same? So estimating 3-5 probably isnt to far off.

#62 ·
That shows a potential of 6-7 hp MAX if a CAI has 0 backpressure. Would you conclude the same? So estimating 3-5 probably isnt to far off.
I'd say that's about right. I wasn't expecting to make 7 at the wheels with the airaid, and was surprised at the difference between the hood open & closed regarding increases. One reason I think the Calvini ducts would be a good investment is the additional 4 hp and 7 tq hood open.

#65 · (Edited)
Intersting.. In my case, an 09 RT with Cervini, stock exhaust and predator tune gets me 345 HP (to the wheels). That tells me that I probably wouldn't benefit much from the exhaust/headers.... unless Im missing something.

Trying to get a chance to scan my printout, but my scanner is broken.

#66 ·
^ being that you have a rt headers would probaly make a difference, remember that dyno numbers vary from dyno to dyno.

#69 ·
I wish there was a dynojet nearby so I could compare my numbers against some of yalls. MDs are the only thing around here, other than the 1/4 mile track.

#70 · (Edited)
Dyno Results
09 R/T
Cervini Ram Air System
Predator Tune

First run- stock tune 332HP /353TQ
Second Run - 91 CAI Tune: 342HP/365TQ
Third Run - 93 CAI Tune: 345HP/370TQ

Mike

Attachments

#75 ·
Do you have the DiabloSport tune as well, or just different exhaust?

#76 ·
Mods as below, still stock intake and running a base line tune, 6 speed srt.
455rwhp, toruqe unsure as we couldnt get a good tach signal.

#84 ·
#79 ·
There are two schools of thought: dyno with the hood closed, since you don't drive with the hood open anyway. Or dyno with the hood open, because unless your dyno shop is inside a wind tunnel, you're not moving enough air around the car to simulate driving on the street even with a large fan in front.

#80 ·
I'm personally of school number 2. There's no way to get enough air flowing through the front of the car with the hood closed on a dyno.

Also, I've never seen any dyno shop dyno with the hood closed in my area, even the full on race teams completely remove the hood.

#86 ·
SRT dyno done today 3-19-10

I had my SRT 6 spd dyno done today to get a baseline before I load my DCX cust tune. It was 60 outside today 3-19-10 in KS. I have a Corsa exhust and Mopar CAI on the stock tune.

377 hp and 376 Torque
Text Line Design Parallel Pattern

Attachments

#87 ·
What does the srt-6 weigh? Thats srt-8 power levels in a lighter car.

#89 ·
He left out the "-" and in my mind I put it back in. Dodge did make an SRT-6 so I was assuming that was what he was referring to. It wasnt a challenger or even lx based car for that matter, but still some refere to non challenger cars on this fourm.

I remeber seeing some SRT-8's making about 360 to the wheels, so when I read his higher numbers and read srt 6 I assumed it was the SRT-6 manual.

My mistake.

#91 ·
R/T 6 Spd Dyno Today 03-27-2010

Went with the local SpaceCityLX club today and had the car on the Dyno for the first time. Pretty happy with the results -

347rwhp / 373trq - 78deg @ 34% hum

MODS: Airaid CAI and Rear Reasonator delete with BB Glass packs on a stock tune.

These results will keep me satisfied for a short time :thumbsup:

#92 ·
A bunch of NCC cars are getting dyno'd a Ditos motors tomorrow so we'll have a good bi of info for you all.

#93 ·
HAve them post their results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.