Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Dyno Thread Post Dyno Results

181K views 487 replies 124 participants last post by  Clutched_392 
#1 ·
Post your dyno results I had a dyno done recently,and a custom tune I'm very happy...This heavy girl is starting to give me the same feel my vette does.The power band has increased to the point I can really feel the tune add-on way downin the seat of my pants.

Im feeling way more grunt and Im getting scratch in all four gears hard!! Its is a sound that makes a car guy smile ear to ear.

I can see the passenger now fighting the G's, thats worth the trip right there,as they grab the "Oh Sheet handle"when I hit it hard!!.

This dyno info is going to be confirmed soon at another shop however feel free to post your findings and any other info concerning dynoing you ride..

Attachments

See less See more
#137 ·
Just got back from the dyno. I ran both the 91 tune and the 93 tune with 2* of timing added. I don't think they saved the 91 tune and I forgot what they were (they are going to e-mail me the dyno sheet) but here are the results: 93 tune with K&N drop-in on a dyno dynamics dyno was 326.1 rwhp. Now before everyone freaks out like I did, dyno dynamics dynos run low. They compared their dyno to a Mustang with a Honda EK and a Mustang GT and both were 13% lower. So, 13% of 326.1 is 42.4. 326.1+42.4=369rwhp. The autos are running about 18% parasitic loss. 18% of 369=66. 369+66= 435hp. It was 95* and 60% humidity so that didn't help. All in all i would say that with the canned tune and a drop in filter I've gained 10-15hp (due to temp)

#139 ·
Did you try it with the stock air filter to see if the high flow drop in filter had any impact?

#138 ·
^ I feel your pain. The shop I use has a Mustang dyno and it reads low too.
The important thing is to use the same shop every time to measure change.

#144 ·
Finally got mine dyno for the first time on a mustang dyno. It came out to 349.9 h.p and 371.1 for torque I'm happy with that even though I got assload of knock on the upper rpm's.
I'd get that corrected before you burn a valve.
Was that running 93 fuel?

#142 ·
how much boost? R/T or SRT-8? Mods list please.

#145 ·
Ya 93 fuel I sent my log in to dcx last week to get it tweeked but have'nt received anything back in a week.I'll give them a few more days and then start to bug them. I had 4degrees of st and 1.5 of lt, not to happy with that. That's the most I ever gotting off of there tunes.

#148 ·
I just got mine straped down on the dyno to see what kinda inprovements i got. 464hp and 423ftlbs on a dyno jet... Ohh yea

#149 ·
Thats like 100hp, I thnk you are nearly maxed out for all non forced induction mods. Awesome.

#151 ·
Well i think i have another 20hp to still unlock in it as my tune still isnt fully tweaked and i have another cam to swap in. As for traction it was a big issue with the stock 255's, it would break loose and even go sideways at 60mph. With the 295's that isnt a problem anymore but i can still break em loose when i wanna. I havnt gotten to do any good track testing as my clutch slips alittle under full bore. Iv played around alittle with the 0-60 timer in the car and have gotten a 3.6 sec.

#154 · (Edited)
Here is my dyno results.

5 June 2010, 1:30PM
Temp 89*
Humidity 56%

Mods:
PWR/ERL 426
PWR (Mean Street Heads, 228XL CAM, Stage 2 Ported Intake)
Arrington 100MM TB
Kooks LT W/HF Cats midpipes
Mopar Cat back
AFE Stage 2 CAI
PI 3200 Torque Convertor
SHR Shift Improvement Kit

#155 ·
#156 ·
Very nice numbersClimberccm. I want a stroker...:(

#158 · (Edited)
RSP Motorsports Dyno Day Results

Attached are some PDF Files from the 5 Challengers that attended the RSP Motor Dyno Day.I'll try to get the final RWH for all of the cars.My car was the 100% factory stock for the pulls so there is a baseline to compare with.Since the stock dyno pull I have installed a 180º T-stat,K&N CAI,JBA Shorty Headers,CORSA Xtreme Cat-Back exhaust and Predator CAI 91 Octane tune.I will be getting a Predator Custom Tune done and after it is uploaded to the car I will be getting another dyno pull done at the same facility to measure gains.I willthen post that information here.

View attachment IMG.pdf
View attachment IMG_0002.pdf
View attachment IMG_0003.pdf
View attachment IMG_0001.pdf
View attachment IMG_0004.pdf

#162 ·
If you do shorties you not only maintain a street legal car but also dont have issues like you said with throwing codes, etc. Keep the stock cats, and O2 sensors with shorties, and no code headaches, and it stays steet legal.

The compermize, less hp output.

#166 ·
I'll be installing JBA shortys along with catless mids this coming Saturday. Once I can make it to a dyno later in the year after a custom tune. I'll post up the differences once I get her straped down. Right now I'm at 335rwhp and 371rwtq (345rwhp corrected). Hoping to atleast pickup 10rwhp maybe 15rwhp.

#176 ·
Hmmm...Might need to bring the car down to SHR to get a custom tune then.
Adding the 02 sensors seems like a big job to just datalog for a custom tune rather than bringing it to a shop to get a tune
Thanks for the advice 370
I don't think the shorties will require any adjustment in fuel, but I'll have the sniffer graph on the dyno slip for gp.

The wide band O2 install might be better, but it's easier to use the dyno's and not have to worry about anything else.

edit: baseline run tomorrow. will post slips this weekend.
Couple of different conversations going on. Chris is doing a cat delete, thats going to open up a lot of flow and require the rear o2's to be disabled, which requires a custome tune.

I have a set of JBA shorties and Corsa Cat back installed, but my tuning has totally confused me. Im starting to think its the outside temp throwing me off, but that doesnt make sense.

One day I tune it and I add +3% fuel and +4 on high rpm, the very next day I need to lean the tune by -3% fuel to get back inline, yesterday I put the non modified DiabloSport 93 tune AND 93 cai tunes and its dead on? So I dont know what to think.

Im shooting for 12.5:1 because that is what the DiabloSport tune does for a car thats 100% stock except a catch can.

What I can say is at 700-1500 rpm its closer to 10:1 with about any tune.

Another weard thing is if you go WOT from a stop at idle it starts at 10:1 and qukcly goes to 11.5:1 to redline ease up to 15-20 then go WOT its 11.5:1-12:1, start around 30-35 and it hits 12.2-12.5 all the way to redline.

This doesnt make much sense to me why would it run richer at 4,000rpm when launched from idle vs leaner at 4,000rpm when launched from 1500 rpm?

What I can say is I have no odea what needs to be done to the a/f ratio for cat back and JBA shorties.

#167 ·
Probably closer to 8-10

#168 ·
I highly doubt I'll get only 8hp from shortys+catless mids+and a custom tune. But we'll see

#169 ·
The catless mids is a different story. I must have missed that. When I said 8-10 I meant JBA shorties stock cats, and custome tune. Add the catless mids, and yes thats closer to 15-20 with the mandentory custome tune. They only way to disable the rear O2's is to get a custome tune, so thats another reason why its mandentory as well.

When you drive the car to the dyno shop DONT use full throttle. The stock O2's should take care of your a/f ratio in closed loup, without cats you will get a code though. WOT with no cats will result in a lean tune.

#170 ·
The catless mids is a different story. I must have missed that. When I said 8-10 I meant JBA shorties stock cats, and custome tune. Add the catless mids, and yes thats closer to 15-20 with the mandentory custome tune. They only way to disable the rear O2's is to get a custome tune, so thats another reason why its mandentory as well.

When you drive the car to the dyno shop DONT use full throttle. The stock O2's should take care of your a/f ratio in closed loup, without cats you will get a code though. WOT with no cats will result in a lean tune.
Those are some numbers I was hoping for lol. And yes, I'll be easy on it until I get DCX to send me an email tune. I should actually have a tune from them before I get it installed, then I'll have to do some datalogging. So we'll see how things go.

#171 ·
You need a wideband O2 to know your a/f ratios. Datalogging isnt accurate enough to be safe. Dyno based custome tune is the best way.

#172 ·
Hmmm...Might need to bring the car down to SHR to get a custom tune then.
Adding the 02 sensors seems like a big job to just datalog for a custom tune rather than bringing it to a shop to get a tune
Thanks for the advice 370

#174 ·
Datalogging gets you in the range but isnt accurate enouhg to be fully optimal. A wideband O2 requires cutting a hole in the pipe ahead of the cat and welding in with stainless and running wires. Then you take the car out and floor it while watching the gage, and adjust with the Preditor, repeate until you are at the range you want it to be. So then whats that? probably 12.5:1 but on a dyno you know exactly what makes more power 13:1 or 12.5:1 13:1 is probably to lean though.

Dyno based tune is more expensive but is the only way to get max accuracy and be dead on, plus you get a print out of your hp.

#173 ·
The Dynojet chassis dyno is referred to as an inertia-type dynamometer, because large drums provide an inertial load to the drivetrain instead of a friction brake. The working end of the Dynojet includes two 48-inch diameter drums that are mostly below the surface and driven by the vehicle's drive wheels. In the photos of the Dynojet, notice how the rear wheels are centered on the drums and there is one drum per wheel.

#175 · (Edited)
I don't think the shorties will require any adjustment in fuel, but I'll have the sniffer graph on the dyno slip for gp.

The wide band O2 install might be better, but it's easier to use the dyno's and not have to worry about anything else.

edit: baseline run tomorrow. will post slips this weekend.

#178 ·
I have been looking for the AFR and I cannot find it. Realize I do have a wideband O2 installed so thats what I am using.

Please help the blind / ignorant or whatever you want to call it, where is command AFR?

#179 ·
I believe the PID you want is "DESIRED FA CYL1 (AFR)". Cruising it should be around 14.x and when you nail it it should be a lower number.

That's NOT your AFR though. It's just the target AFR the computer is trying to achieve. Your wideband is the real AFR.

#180 ·
So the datalogging doesnt output what the stock O2 sensors are reading, it displays what the map is trying to make it?

#181 ·
Correct. The stock sensors are "narrowband" which means they can only read lean and rich, not a specific value. They just bounce back and forth and the computer averages their values to know how the car is doing. The values you see in the data log are what the computer is telling the car to do, NOT what it's actually doing.

Some newer cars are going to wide band O2 sensors. Things will be very interesting tuning wise on such vehicles, but our Challengers do not have that technology at present.

#191 ·
Dynojet baseline dyno 351.3 and 373.8 today.
Ambient temp was in the 90s, high humidity.
Will get comparisons done next Friday. 1 with headers, one with headers and can tune, and one with headers, can tune, and fuel / timing tweak.

#195 ·
Dynojet baseline dyno 351.3 and 373.8 today.
Ambient temp was in the 90s, high humidity.
Will get comparisons done next Friday. 1 with headers, one with headers and can tune, and one with headers, can tune, and fuel / timing tweak.
Yes, this is awesome. I have tried this with my wideband, and it shows CAI tune vs non cai tunes are identical. DiabloSport told me for the 370hp VVT engines they are the same, long story and I know people dont believe me, so whatever.

Post your results and show how much different hp and a/f ratios are between 93 and 93 cai.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.