Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Dyno Thread Post Dyno Results

181K views 487 replies 124 participants last post by  Clutched_392 
#1 ·
Post your dyno results I had a dyno done recently,and a custom tune I'm very happy...This heavy girl is starting to give me the same feel my vette does.The power band has increased to the point I can really feel the tune add-on way downin the seat of my pants.

Im feeling way more grunt and Im getting scratch in all four gears hard!! Its is a sound that makes a car guy smile ear to ear.

I can see the passenger now fighting the G's, thats worth the trip right there,as they grab the "Oh Sheet handle"when I hit it hard!!.

This dyno info is going to be confirmed soon at another shop however feel free to post your findings and any other info concerning dynoing you ride..

Attachments

See less See more
#196 ·
Well, I see what your saying 370....however say the stock tune is at 12:1 AFR at WOT. That's "OK" but not the best power for a stock car. You add CAI and shorties and run it and it goes to 12.5:1 AFR. That will make more power from both the mods as well as a leaner mix.

Now, having said that, I dyno'd my car bone stock, added a CAI while the car sat on the dyno, dyno'd it again, then added a Magnaflow cat back to the system and dyno'd it again.

I picked up about 10HP and 20ft/lbs but my AFR never changed according to the reading from the dyno's wide band at the tail pipe. May have not been enough air flow to affect the tune, but I did gain a few ponies just the same.

As to your issues with adding fuel when cool and removing fuel when hot...that kind of makes sense. You have denser air in cool temps so the intake charge has more "ooomph" as it were.

#197 ·
...my AFR never changed according to the reading from the dyno's wide band at the tail pipe.
Not to muddy the waters, but that's something I've always questioned.

Are you still running cats? Is a tailpipe wideband reading still valid after the cats? Seems like the cats would remove any fuel that was left, and would skew the readings.
Obviously, if you were seeing reasonable values, I would seem to be wrong, but still... :scratchhead:

#200 ·
When dyno tuning a car you definitely want the wide band BEFORE the cats to get the most accurate reading.

However, you can read it at the tail pipe to get an idea of what the AFR is. The dyno operator told me he's looked at it both ways testing and that the tail pipe was about .2 leaner than before the cats. So it's not a BIG difference.

Example, my AFRs at the tail pipe during my dyno testing of the cat back and CAI were in the 12.5 to 12.8 range. With the Mopar CAI and Magnaflow Cat back it was .1 leaner than stock above 4700 RPMs.

TooFart has a wide band on his car and I think he checked his AFR stock, so he could chime in and tell us how mine at the tail pipe compared to his with the wide band before the cats, but mine did seem in line.

I plan to go back to the dyno with my car to get some runs with it now with the motor and blower to compare to my previous runs. Same dyno, and all that, just to see what it looks like. When I do that, I'll log the AFR with my wide band and ask the dyno operator to log with his at the tail pipe and we'll compare.

#203 ·
^ I'm having the dyno shop do a sniffer during the testing process, I'll post up the A/F graphs after I get back to test the needing additional fuel question.

#205 ·
It doesn void the warranty of the car, just the mopar parts have 0 warranty. Now if you install headers the cats, and exhaust looses warranty, and if you run boost the enigne looses warranty, but the air conditionar is still under warranty, etc.

#206 ·
^ research warranty information madona. They can only refuse to cover the aftermarket parts, or void the warranty on a original part if the failure was directly caused by an aftermarket part. A good example would be like forced induction mentioned above.

#214 ·
Thats weard how it spikes torque like that down low. Do you know what the a/f ratio is? Overall it looks a bit low for your mods. A car stock with the Diablosport canned 93 tunes makes only 2-3hp less than that and more torque overall minus that weard low end peek.

#208 ·
Nice numbers cisco! Thats a lot of torque, what type of dyno was it?

#209 ·
thanks! but I'm not sure what you mean by "what type of dyno"? this was my first dyno tune and I don't know too much about this.. other than I'm lov'n the ride now :) is says "WinPeP" on the dyno sheet.

#212 ·
So it was 10rwhp & 12rwtq over your previous dyno in 23* cooler weather? That's awesome! Can't wait to see how much the tuner can get out of her

#213 ·
Well..........My baseline pull yesterday was 7 hp under my CMR tune back in April. It was 352 back then and it read 345 yesterday. High heat and some timing pull was evident.

To be continued to include the sheets.

Marion

#217 ·
The canned DiabloSport 93 tune yealds 10hp to the rear wheels and 20 ft/lb torque to the rear wheels with no performance upgrades.

#218 ·
I'll see if I get that much when I get mine on the rollers. I'm hoping for 10&10 from the DS, and maybe 10-15 from the shorties.
I know the 09-up don't see the same gains as the 08-older.

#221 ·
I'll see if I get that much when I get mine on the rollers. I'm hoping for 10&10 from the DS, and maybe 10-15 from the shorties.
I know the 09-up don't see the same gains as the 08-older.
With the 2009 r/t in the 2010 it showed 5hp gain, but when they finnished optimizing the tune it yelded 10hp and 20 ft/lb torque.

Part of the torque gains are from removing the torque management.

This is on a 5speed with 93 octane fuel thats not showing knock.

#223 ·
I mention kr because many has bad gas and get kr with the 93 tune, so I must state using the 93 tune and fuel that doesnt give kr with that much timing advanced, because if you have poor gas and retard the timing enough to tune the car with that fuel with the 93 tune you wont get as much power.

So let me put it another way.

My car stock dyno'd at 330hp and 353ft/lb torque. With the fully optimized 93 tune in stock form with a Catch can and 93 octane fuel 340 hp and 370 ft/lb torque. Those are peek numbers, in lower rom ranges the torque gains hit or excede 20.

This is with a 5 speed.

Some speculate on how much it removes it, but I wasnt given that much details, just something vague like its disabeled. Does that mean all the way? The way it sounded it is disabeled as much as they could.

#226 ·
Going in for a custom tune this coming Friday at SHR, will post results when done.

#229 ·
I street tune with a passenger and up a good size long hill in 3rd to redline till I get my AFR where I like. On the dyno it usually come in richer that set for the street. LOAD baby.

#230 ·
Here is mine dyno sheet. Just got mine down on a nice hot night lol
only mods is mopar cold air, and magna flow,tune

#231 ·
Just got back from SHR, and I can definitely feel the difference the custom tune has made! Gained 17rwhp and 25rwtq :thumbsup:

358.6rwhp/384.3rwtq

Graph shows the comparison before and after the custom tune

MODS: Jet180, MBRP exhaust, JBA shortys/catless mids, drop in K&N, and the custom tune.

#234 ·
Just got back from SHR, and I can definitely feel the difference the custom tune has made! Gained 17rwhp and 25rwtq :thumbsup:

358.6rwhp/384.3rwtq

Graph shows the comparison before and after the custom tune

MODS: Jet180, MBRP exhaust, JBA shortys/catless mids, drop in K&N, and the custom tune.
What did they do to the a/f raio? what was it before and after? Did they need to add fuel, and if so how much?

#232 · (Edited)
398/408

Good day everyone. Just finished a Stack Performance Stage 1 Upgrade and have what I think are fairly impressive results.

2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 in Silver (Debadged)
6 Speed with Hurst Short Throw Shifter

Performance Modifications

1. Corsa Exhaust
2. SP Bullet Fresh Air Intake System
3. SP Oil Catch Can
4. SP 180 Degree Thermostat
5. SP Ported T-Body 87mm
6. SP Phenolic Cooling Spacer
7. Predator with SP CMR Tune

Suspension Modifications

1. SP Lowering Springs with Stock Bilsteins
2. SP Stiffie Front Strut Bar (Limited Run)
3. SP Stiffie Rear Strut Bar
4. Mopar Sway Bars (Previous Install)

Transitioning from a 2007 BMW Z4 M Coupe. This SRT8 is a beast of a car! I'm loving every 11.3 miles that go by as each gallon of fuel is consumed. :)

The folks at Stack Performance are by far second to none when it comes to Dodge and HEMIs. The dyno numbers speak for themselves. These guys were able to micro tune based on the upgrades currently installed. I was there for all pulls. We ended up with 398/408 final numbers. Apparently I have a pretty strong engine build from the factory.

Attachments

#235 ·
Final numbers for me were 361 & 391.
mods are CAI, SRT8 shorties, and DS tune. I think i might see a little bit more if I lose the cats and go with an aftermarket exhaust system.

Stock: 351hp & 373tq
Shorties: 352hp & 380tq
DS 93 canned: 355hp & 379tq
DS 93 modified: 361hp & 391tq

Did the dyno runs at the local shop here Sunshine performance.

Really experienced DS trained guy was helping me do the adjustments on the handheld predator. Took us about 7 pulls to get completely it dialed in on fuel & timing.

Here's a clip:

#236 ·
Final numbers for me were 361 & 391.
mods are CAI, SRT8 shorties, and DS tune. I think i might see a little bit more if I lose the cats and go with an aftermarket exhaust system.

Stock: 351hp & 373tq
Shorties: 352hp & 380tq
DS 93 canned: 355hp & 379tq
DS 93 modified: 361hp & 391tq

Did the dyno runs at the local shop here Sunshine performance.

Really experienced DS trained guy was helping me do the adjustments on the handheld predator. Took us about 7 pulls to get completely it dialed in on fuel & timing.

Here's a clip:
YouTube - ‪DSCF0960.AVI‬‎
When you say stock, do you mean stock tune with mods, or fully stock?
For shorties which tune, stock tune?
The DiabloSport 93 tune thats with your other mods right?

The final tune, I am assuming 93 octane fuel? What did he do to the DS tune? Add or remove fuel and how much? Which version of the DS tune did you use? How much if any timing did you remove?

What was the final a/f ratio?

#237 ·
Thanks Denis! Hope I can hit some low 12s provided with nice weather this fall. The heat right now is just killing everyones times.

And 370, I know Eddie said it was runnning a bit lean for his taste, but I don't know the specifics. I'll give him a call on monday to ask him those questions, I have to send him a datalog anyways. lol

#238 ·
Oh, and if anyone knows where a dynojet in Louisiana is please tell me! It'd be nice to know how much I could put out on one. Hoping it'd be close to 400rwhp and 410rwtq

#240 ·
I noticed it looks like DiabloSports tune aims at 12.5:1 from their dyno, and thats leaning it a bit from stock, but now with a wideband O2 it I find the stock tune to be slightly leaner than the DiabloSport 93 tune. I find the car to feal and sound stronger around 13:1 than 12.5:1 but thats without dyno tuning.

What I was wondering is how much correction was needed for your mods. Did you advance or retard the timing?

What I wonder is do you tweak for max power and stop, so lean until you loose power, or is going to close to the 14.7:1 to lean at WOT? and not safe. I gues thats a question for the professional tuner / engineer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.