Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Elecrtonic Bugs with Tuner?

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  orrwhat 
#1 ·
I have a 14 RT. Since Ive put the tuner files on the PCM, it periodically acts weird and has warning lamps on dash. Also, my remote start has quit working. I know these are not supposed to be related but it seems like a heck of a coincidence. This afternoon I went to run around and the car started, then stalled.
I restored to original tune to the car today finally after dealing with it and now everything seems to be working as it should although its too early to tell. The tuner kept getting stuck on the Turn Key Off and after third time, it finally restored the PCM.
Has anyone else had similar issues or just myself?

#3 ·
Use the key

I have not had any strange electrical problems yet, but I am running a custom tune. Not sure about your other issues but when using the Diablo tuner, always use the key fob as a key for key on and key off operation, not the push button.

#5 ·
Yea, they said they have 2014 tuning. I guess,,,,its tuning. So much is not there compaired to 08 09 and 10s. Heck there still finding new stuff in those years. New switches and tables ect.
More than likely it was rushed out to market to be first, as was done way back when. So it was issue after issue. Just like the battery drain problem they had or still have.
It was a rolling code they had to find an open back door to that was a huge problem and may still be and we just dont know.
Since Holley purchased Diablo maybe things may change as Holley has Huge resources to tap into if needed. Good Luck
FlatTop

#6 ·
Well, I have left my stock tune on the car for some time and thinking about putting the tuner back on but worried about the tuner being stuck on "Turn Key Off" when I restore the PCM for service.
I think I did figure out about the remote start not working and very short range of the key fob for lock and unlocking. Apparently, their is too much radio frequency interference from the OBD cable when the tuner is left plugged in and messes up the signal for the receiver for key fob. Mine stayed plugged in until I restored it. May try to insulate the tuner harness a bit if it goes back in. Id sell it but want to go forced induction.

#7 ·
Stock Tune

I never have been able to restore my Stock Tune to the car, always hangs at "turn key to off".

#8 ·
Those that are having issues; make sure the tuner is updated to the current crom.
Make sure your battery is fully charged and everything is turned off in the car: stereo, auto headlights to off, blower motor, etc., and try again.
If it still won't restore call Diablosport and have them help.
Be prepared to hold for a good bit though.

#9 · (Edited)
Diablo has issues with the 2014's for sure. My 2014 never ran right with Diablo installed and I had custom tunes from the major players. I swear the stock tune felt stronger...

I always had to use the actual key, as it would state "Key FOB not detected" when I tried to load the Diablo tune.

I also have a 2014 3.6L Jeep GC and I refused to try my In tune on it after I traded my 2014 Challenger. I've read there are major issues with the Jeeps.

Diablo did rush to market and no one has it all figured out, hence why Superchips bowed out and SCT only has a platform and no actual tunes.

The 2015's will be even worse and you will now have to replace the PCM to even attempt to tune. I am really on the fence about tuning my SP... I want to so bad, but I just don't know if it's worth it.

Chrysler is serious about shutting the tuning options down and they may well accomplish this at some point. Stand alone may be the only option one day.

Unfortunately, the Mopar enthusiast community isn't strong enough to push Chrysler to be more like GM and Ford and allow easy tuning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.