Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Help

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Roger Lariviere 
#1 ·
I have a 2010 Challenger R/T. 2 weeks ago I installed a Hypertech tuner. It installed fine and ran great for 2 weeks. Started it yesterday and moved it so I could get in the driveway with my truck. Went out to go to work this morning and backing out of the driveway the traction control light came on and the engine light, then it would only do 20 mph and would not shift out of first gear any advice would be great. :crying:

#2 ·
My advice would be to remove it from the vehicle.
The Hypertech, and ones like it, interfere with the adjustments from PCM/TCM programming that are made depending on a multitude of variables.
In contrast, the Diablosport, and other hand held tuners, write altered programming to the vehicle's computer. Once the program is written to the car, the hand held tuner does not interfere with the computers commands.

It would be interesting to see fuel trims, afr, and KR running a Hypertech.

#7 ·
two things
one. all tuners.. including diablo can brick you car. aka limp mode or dead starts ect. it is a unfortunate part of tuning that sometimes can happen

two. diablo is more well known in the dodge world that any others.. sct and another have been messing with dodge but they don't have it perfected.

so i would get a diablo trinity or leave it stock.. if you are one that worry's about a warranty.. leave it be.. but that is just me

#8 ·
ok so if it bricks your car then what just uninstall and reinstall and call it part of tuning or is it doing permanent damage.
SECOND I LOVE YOUR CAR
third how bought just a cold air intake and a flow max outlaw cat back exhaust and a 90cfm TB with a vortex spacer
and last of all I have no warranty so my only obstacle is Knowledge first and $$$$ second
please guide me O be one can o be lmao would greatly appreciate any guidance that you have learned from trial and error

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.