Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Intune install MDS delete

6K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  RT23 
#1 ·
I turned off the MDS on my 2010 R/T with the Diablo Intune. Got the message "may need PCM update", back to the PC and downloaded the PCM update. After the PCM update was completed I was able to continue writing the vehicle to turn off the MDS. I had a flat spot at 2000 RPM before the PCM update and now it is gone and not having the MDS kick in is well worth the cost of the Intune.

#4 ·
I've been thinking about getting the Intune just to turn off the MDS only. mine from the factory seems to have a flat spot on initial normal acceleration, as you are taking off in a fairly normal fashion it seems like right before it shifts into 2cd it falls on it's face and you have to mash the gas down even further..

these changes in octane and throttle boost, in normal non WOT type driving make a difference? fuel mileage suffers or gets better?

my local dealer here warned me not to use a tuner in any way because they would blow me in to Dodge and have my warranty killed if they detected it. I've heard they can't tell if you reflash to stock but he said they could tell no doubt, how much of all that is pure BS? and why would the dealer care? I need to find a GOOD dealer for service and they need to be tuner friendly I guess.

thoughts?

#5 ·
i have an intune on my 2010 rt. and i just had warranty work done to it yesterday.

i had the 91 CAI canned diablo tune on it, then blew my water pump. so i had my wife bring me the intune, i detuned it back to stock, towed it in for repairs, and they repaired it without question. they had to take my catch can off to get to the water pump, and it's got a very loud exhaust so they knew i had modified the car... but they never said a word about it to me. so i didn't have to lie about any of it. >:)

as for the non WOT driving of a tune, yes it makes a huge difference. after having the 91oct tune on there for so long, i had to drive it from the dealership on the stock tune until i got it back home and it was a complete dog. and i put the intune back on it and now it's driving like it should again.

so yes the tunes make a huge difference. it doesn't seem like much when you're going from stock to tuned, but if you ever have to go back from tuned to stock... you'll really notice it.

#6 ·
You're saying it had you disconnect during a flash, update, then finish the flash? Have you asked about this on the DS forum? I know the intune is different than the Trinity, but that doesn't sound right. But I have an m6, so I don't have any experience disabling mds. It just seems like it should have prompted the update before attempting a flash.

#7 ·
I don't have any experience disabling mds.
it's just an optional parameter. you check on or off. it only takes 2 seconds and doesn't even make you cycle the key.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.