Dodge Challenger Forum banner

New to Diablo tuners, what to do?

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  70barcuda 
#1 ·
Just recently purchased an I-1000 for my 2010 RT Auto. What are the best settings to run? 91 octane? Throttle boost? Disable MDS is probably first thing to do, any information would be appreciated as I'm new to one of these.

Thanks
Jason

#2 ·
i ran 91 CAI on mine. firmer shifts. MDS disabled. and 10% throttle boost. it was really really nice. it really woke up the car.

just last night i bumped up to the diablo tune which is a 93 octane tune, and it's even better. i also went up to 15% throttle boost, but i don't know if i like it yet. i may go back to 10. that was nice. you have to have really really good 93 octane gas available to you though. so not every one can run it. most people have better luck with the 91 tune and 93 gas for the most consistent performance.

#3 ·
JeepXLC is right, I have to run 91 tune with 93 fuel. The 93 tune is too aggressive with timing for the 93 gas around here. But i have a HF custom tune now and love it.
Just to pass along something I learned in case you aren't aware (I wasn't), the diablo tune has I believe 15% throttle boost already. It won't show it in adjustments, so if you bump 10, you're actually bumping 25%, and with an m6, it can be annoying.

#8 · (Edited)
#5 ·
Get a tune from Johan. Night and day over canned tune.

#10 ·
I liked the 91 Diablo tune for street driving and usually ran 93 octane fuel, then at the track I would bump it up to the 93 tune. Also I like the shift firmness feature, increase throttle boost (I went with 15, but play around with it a bit and find what you like), if you put in a 180 t-stat obviously you will want to adjust your fan settings. Then if you track it (or even if you don't) you might want to increase your rev limiter and try out the higher shift points.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.