Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Tazer is AWESOME!

343K views 1K replies 194 participants last post by  ChallyTatum 
#1 ·
Check out my post in the performance section. You are in for a nice surprise when you get the TaZer.

:)

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: HemiSean
#3 ·
ECO mode does work. I won't be using it much, but you can definitely feel a difference with it on. Valet mode also works.

#9 ·
Eco mode does not stay in mds all the time. How would you like it if you had to boogie out of someone's way and you only had 4 cylinder power?

Eco mode is programmed to use mds more often and it also starts out in second gear.

#14 ·
Hey, kenandjenn4551, have you installed the July 15th update? If so, do you still have all the unlocked features? :scratchhead:

Reactions: iMerlin
#17 ·
Still haven't got an answer on if track mode is beneficial with a 6 speed or does it just address shifting on a8. Same as sport mode with m6? If track mode does nothing for m6 I'm probably out.

#19 ·
Reactions: MN-ScatPack
#21 ·
So, kenandjen, have you installed the 7/15 update?

#23 ·
No update for me. I am hesitant to do so and I likely will not.

#22 ·
How hard is it to go back to Factory pages on Scat Pack from the SRT pages once you use the Tazer? What are the chances of Uconnect getting screwed up? I'm sure this will kill the warranty if something did go wrong. Makes me a little nervous. Can anyone who has tried give me a little input before I purchase?

#24 ·
Going back is as easy as turning SRTSET off with the TaZer.

Reactions: Donniet53
#25 ·
OK. I Saved tbe previous update to the 7/15 one on a mem stick. I save the updates on a dedicated mem stick, and stick them with the car records. So i think i can roll it back if needed. I'll probably get this.

Reactions: iMerlin
#28 ·
I haven't received mine yet, although I have done the 7/15 update, so we shall see... I am going to take a wild guess and say it won't impact it, seeing that I doubt they would remove the ability to send canbus commands via the obd2 port. That being said, I have no real proof of it either way and if that is actually how this device works.

#29 ·
So we have more than one assumption that the Tazer should work on top of the Uconnect update? What would be the plan of action if there was an issue? Sell the Tazer? Have not looked to see if they accept returns. Anyone spoke with the Tazer folks about the recent uconnect update?

#30 · (Edited)
Tazer came in today and happy to report no issues with the 7/15 update! SRT Pages, Valet, ECO Mode all there and all work! Not a ton of time today to mess with the other options but the shift light option does work as well. As a reminder, navigate to the audio page on the dash screen in order to change the options.

Things I noticed when SRT pages are activated
- Bee on the dash... when you enable the SRT pages it swaps to the normal challenger splash screen. It can be reverted though by turning the SRT Pages off.
- Font seems a bit different, hard to describe really - a bit bigger and bolder, basically the SRT font.
- Push to start notice is a red button vs black button
- Temp gauge reads in degrees instead of C/H
- As kennandjenn mentioned there is no Track traction mode
- Diagnostics mode is available

This may be a personal option, but I feel like the Scat Pack sport mode is a mix between the SRT Sport and Track mode. The SRT Sport mode doesn't seem to bang gears as hard as the SP Sport mode but the SRT Track mode seems a bit more aggressive.

Going to mess around with it a bit more this weekend. Haven't tried line lock or light show yet.

#37 ·
All you will be able to use is the line lock really. So if you really want a line lock you should get it. I would not dare cut my brake lines and try to splice in a traditional line lock with the antilock and stability control of these late model cars. Plus if you actually paid someone to do the install plus the parts. Either way it is easily worth $250 for me to just be able to plug this in and hit a couple buttons to have a line lock VS the alternatives. Pretty much a no brainer if you want a line lock.

Yes you will get other features but the suspension track mode and the trans track mode will not help you at all if you have a M6 Scat.

#35 · (Edited)
So we have heard so far in this thread that the Tazer adds an SRT Sport mode and an SRT Track mode and I assume makes the original SP Sport mode unavailable, and that theres a discernable difference in the aggressiveness of the A8 shifts and throttle responce.

Now the big question for anyone who has a Diablo tune, or is planning on that possibility in the future would be, does the tazer overide or make unavailable any of the parameters that are set in the Diablo 93 Tune or a custom tune. Could be a deal killer right there.

But if it's not the case I'm in ASAP!

#40 · (Edited)
So we have heard so far in this thread that the Tazer adds an SRT Sport mode and an SRT Track mode and I assume makes the original SP Sport mode unavailable, and that theres a discernable difference in the aggressiveness of the A8 shifts and throttle responce.

Now the big question for anyone who has a Diablo tune, or is planning on that possibility in the future would be, does the tazer overide or make unavailable any of the parameters that are set in the Diablo 93 Tune or a custom tune. Could be a deal killer right there.

But if it's not the case I'm in ASAP!
Personally, I can't tell any difference between Scat Pack Sport and SRT Sport. When I push my Sport button it enables Sport mode, same as usual.

Track mode holds gears a good bit longer and definitely shifts harder and faster.

I'm running a 93 custom tune from Johan and my car is not just chirping the 1-2 anymore; it is laying down a patch and the rear gets loose. I'm also catching rubber on the 2-3. This is in manual mode using the paddles.

For reference, when my car was stock, I would get a slight chirp on the 1-2 in manual mode.

So, you can rest assured that SRT Track mode is a FANTASTIC combo with a custom tune.

#36 · (Edited)
My Tazer will be here tomorrow.. i already installed the uConnect update and i also have a custom Diablo tune w/ PCM swap.. i will let you know how it goes tomorrow afternoon/evening.. i have the A8 Scat Pack

Reactions: Tetralin
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.