Trinity before & after impressions please? - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications > Tuning/Data

Tuning/Data Use this section for tuning and tune/data related devices (ie. handhelds, data recorders, gauges)

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 07:44 AM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by charger1 View Post
I have the 93 tune loaded, but unfortunately I don't have a lot of launch miles on it so far. Tuck10, the butt dyno tells me it does all of the things you mentioned it did for your 6.1 and maybe a little more Mine is a M6 and it really takes off nice now, very impressed with the changes made.

I have had a Predator tune in my 5.7 RAM pickup for several years and it seems to make the same type of changes to the engine - throttle response is better, a bump in HP and torque you can actually feel, instant power, smoother power band, and on a 3 hour interstate drive I took last Sunday I picked up 1 mpg. I would say I am very happy with it so far.
If you say it feels like the equal amount of performance that the ram got from the diablo then I am a strong supporter! That tuner really woke my truck up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 09:00 AM

too funny, it would be nice if someone who bought/is buying one will do a before and after dyno session. I put no level of credit in butt dynos.

My red TA had a blown piston and was down over 80 rwhp and I could NOT feel it with my butt dyno. only way I knew was my 1/4 mile times were down.

Sent from my keyboard, typed in by me the old fashion way.

John
best run 12.283@114.18mph - 100% factory stock on factory tires.

best 60' 1.841 - 100% stock on factory tires

411.7 RWHP / 443.5 RW Torque on a Dyno Com dyno. Zoomer cat back and Speedlogix CAI

Current:
2011 392 SRT Challenger
2004 5.7 Dodge Rumblebee 4x4
2001 5.9 Dodge Ram quad cab 4x4
Old 11-07-2012, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Dadstoy View Post
too funny, it would be nice if someone who bought/is buying one will do a before and after dyno session. I put no level of credit in butt dynos.

My red TA had a blown piston and was down over 80 rwhp and I could NOT feel it with my butt dyno. only way I knew was my 1/4 mile times were down.
If you think a change in tune only from a factory program is going to be earth shattering, think again..

The tuner's new programming may make shifting & fuel/spark more aggressive as well as zero-ing out torque management, to make the car drive noticeably better, but its not unleashing 50 hidden RWHP.....
Old 11-07-2012, 07:14 PM

ok so hears what i think

i orderd mine last week, and had them throw in a ported T.B 87 in just to make it a even 1000$ i did the tune last night and my only complant is it was a little confusing dont read the instructions that come with the tuner it waisted about 15 min of my time... ok so my butt dyno says oh ya but then when thats my butt so i called a local dyno shop today he was closed but, if hes reasonable i will do a stock run and my 87tb w tune run.... just to see what the combo did. there is def a gain, we will see
Old 11-07-2012, 07:22 PM

[QUOTE=omen omega;1193406]I love the caps.....outside of that I FEEL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how could everyone bi#ch for so long and then no one talk about the tuning???????????

ya i was thinking the same thing....
Old 11-08-2012, 12:30 AM

I await the results guys. Thanks a million!!!! I know it isn't track season and people are recovering from the hurricane and all that stuff but numbers on the dyno are best!

good luck! I hope just for funzies that it unlocks the extra 50 thhat came with the crate engine.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:24 AM

My brother has his Trinity and mine will be delivered today. We are going to a track over in Cincinnatti on Saturday and I plan on making runs with both the B&G ECU and the Trinity. Will post up comparisons afterward.
2011 SRT8 IE #996 White w/Blue Stripes. 11.85@ 113.79 with a 1.60 60' . Zoomers Catback, Speedlogix fender well CAI, Paramount 3000 Stall Converter, B&G 93 octane ECU, M&H Drag Radials. ==== Future Procharger

Last edited by indybill; 11-08-2012 at 04:24 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indybill For This Useful Post:
KJ392 (11-08-2012), SRT8U (11-08-2012)
Old 11-08-2012, 04:35 AM

[quote=KILLASCRIMP;1193954]
Originally Posted by omen omega View Post
I love the caps.....outside of that I FEEL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how could everyone bi#ch for so long and then no one talk about the tuning???????????

ya i was thinking the same thing....
Because thats what people do, I would say out of all the people complaining less than half will buy one and compared to the number of Challengers out ther, the number is insignificant.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by omen omega View Post
good luck! I hope just for funzies that it unlocks the extra 50 thhat came with the crate engine.

Just FYI, this 6.4 VCT motor is not like the 6.1-based 392 crate engine that has been out for several years.

Last edited by EricG; 11-08-2012 at 07:25 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:59 AM

My tuner is said to be here in 2 weeks, Diablo is having a hard time keeping up with the volume of the orders they're receiving.
IE 2011 392 #102 - SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications > Tuning/Data

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.