Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Tuning question

921 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  DTru 
#1 ·
I have a 09 R/T and bought a Diablo predator....does it make a difference with a 91 or 93 tune just wondering if worth putting one on after I disable the MSD?

#2 ·
Well, you see, the difference is 93 is higher octane than 91. Those are two different fuel grades, one has an octane level two points higher than the other, and looking at it from the other angle, one is two points lower than the other.

So, if you plan to run 93 octane in the car, I would load the 93 tune. If you plan to run 91 octane fuel in the car, you should use that tune.

I understand this is confusing, but if you think about it, it makes sense. Hope this helps.

Oh, and yes they do make a difference.

#4 ·
Yes. As I already said, it was noticeable to me, and many others.

I do caution you however if you load one of those tunes, they come with lower radiator fan settings already installed on the tune. If you don't have a cooler thermostat, your radiator fans are going to be running almost constantly, because they are trying to achieve a temperature that the thermostat is not going to allow.

You can change these settings by modifying the tune however, which as was explained to me on this forum, isn't that hard.

#5 ·
lol the less ass-holeish answer is yes, if you have 93 octane available in your area you should start with a 91 tune and run 93 octane.

After that you should log your ST and LT knock retard, if you get anything above 2 ST or ANY LT then you should work towards eliminating it. Here is the link to my write up for octane/knock.
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f18/octane-knock-performance-278290/

Just a suggestion but you should also max out the throttle boost in the tune. Feels much better than stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.