Dodge Challenger Forum banner

tuning a stock scat pack

46K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  flyhalf 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I am wondering if their is any sense in getting a tune for my stock 2015 scat pack? I know the autos see some stuff, but do the manual guys see any improvements?

Mike

#5 ·
I ordered a new PCM last week from Luke @ Steve White Motors. I bought it for $452.00 shipped. I then forwarded it to HPTuners in Il. and for $239.00 they crack it and install the stock tune which your tuner needs to extract and send them the file. They then return it to tune guy for install and tune/dyno. If you need to go to dealer you swap the stock one back on the car.

#10 · (Edited)
While you guys are waiting for the tuners and you want to go racing just get some good ole unleaded vp109 or sunoco 104 or sunoco E15 and about 5 miles from the track with 1/8 tank gas pour in 2.5 gal or more of the unleaded race gas and by the time you get to the track it will be mixed and in the fuel rails all ready to go. The things this really does on a STOCK tune is to keep the pcm from pulling timing and the extra oxygen it has will help make a tad more hp and i always used this on my bone stock 2012 srt8 jeep and over our low 1.8% oxygenrated 91 gas here in ca its a big help. At our 1/8 mile track most bone stock wk2 (2012/2015 srt8 jeeps) run 8.6/8.8 @ 78/80 mph and i run 8.2 @ 82 mph in the 1/8.
All unleaded.
vp109 = 6.3% oxygen.
sunoco 104 = 4.8% oxygen.
sunoco E15 = 98 octane with 5.6% oxygen.

#13 ·
before i owned a 392 SCATPACK i used to send away for SUNOCO 112 OCTANE LEADED fuel for my 440 ROADRUNNER from HYPERFUELS houston texas 281-447-7200 dont know if there still there,but they sold all kinds of SUNOCO.. the 440 LOVED the 112 OCTANE LEADED GAS !!! ( DON'T USE IN YOUR NEW CAR HA HA !!) it was 2 years ago ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.