Ugh what am I doing wrong? inTune 1000 DCX... - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Tuning/Data Use this section for tuning and tune/data related devices (ie. handhelds, data recorders, gauges)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 07:03 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Ugh what am I doing wrong? inTune 1000 DCX...

Hi guys
So I am completely new to this so forgive me if I don't know everything..

I just received my Diablosport inTune I-1000 DCX for my 2011 3.6L.

I followed the Quick Start guide... which turns out isn't so quick after all. Plugged it into my laptop, it "auto updated".. I think? All that happened was some loading screen on the device... so I unplugged it and headed to my car... tried to write a tune..got the message "PCM calibration for (my VIN #) may be out of date and need an update" or something like that. So i unplugged and headed back to my laptop and this is where I am left in the dust...

First of all, I had NO idea I had to download any programs or drivers or whatever. This isn't listed anywhere. I thought I could just plug-in and throw on a canned tune or whatnot. So I went on the Diablosport website under DOWNLOADS and was confused from there. So I just started clicking.. I was able to download the DS software- but it is only for Trinity? Opened that up and it won't even connect to my device.... Nothing.

So I see the (Trinity?) drivers download. Tried this 10x.. fails every time on the last step..(stage 2 or whatever).

ALSO I was under the impression that the tunes were already pre-loaded, but now I am reading that I have to put the tunes on myself? I don't even know how to do this or where to find my car's tune.

I am SO confused :'( This is unfamiliar territory to me to say the least....

Last edited by shootdownthestars; 05-16-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 07:24 PM

Same issues here, but I got it figured out and loaded.
Try Diablo Forum
Diablosport Forums • View topic - 2012 Dodge Challenger 3.6 Intune Problem?

2012 Blackberry Challenger 3.6L, Cherry Bomb Vortex mufflers, K&N intake & Diablo 93 tune.
#3 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 07:24 PM

Lol this was me a few days ago, I have the trinity. Hope this helps, it did for me

1. Power up the tool and select Options Change Vehicle Type, and put it into Demo mode again. Let it reset itself and go back to the main menu.
2. In demo mode, go under the Performance menu, and select ‘Original Backup’ as the tune to install. The tool will go through the process of “installing” a stock tune, and reset itself as if it’s connected to a car. If it was not married in Demo, it will tell you there is nothing to restore—skip to step 4.
3. Once it notifies you that the original backup has been installed, reboot the tool to put it on the main menu
4. Open DS Downloader program.
5. Once it connects to the unmarried Trinity, the DS Downloader will now be able to update the tool fully to the latest revision, and should do so automatically.
6. Once the update process is completed, the Trinity will display the main menu again. Select Options Change Vehicle Type (the first time you do this, enter a 2010 V6 car instead of a 2012) again, and enter your vehicle’s information. That will activate the appropriate firmware file for your vehicle, and you can then bring it to the vehicle.

NOTE: Since you have a Chrysler gas vehicle, if you get a message that reads "This vehicle needs an update, Download here: DCX ", DON'T PANIC, this is because the tool wants to update the vehicle’s stock calibration file, not because the tool itself needs an update. If you get that message:

1. Bring the tool back to the PC, and plug it in
2. Open the DS Downloader program and let it connect
3. The DS Downloader program will give you a prompt that it wants to download a Calibration Update to the tool
4. Follow the prompt, and let it complete the process
5. Bring the tool back to the vehicle, and select the Performance menu to load the Calibration Update to the vehicle’s PCM
6. When the Calibration Update is finished, you can then select a tune and write it to the vehicle

Shep
2012 Tungsten Rallye Redline
Radar Red Leather Seats, Sound Group 2, 730N, Power Sunroof, Speedlogix Ram Air Hood, 93 octane tuned, 3.91 Getrag, Solo Mach-X exhaust, Fastman Ported Throttle Body, K&N cold air intake, RazorEdge Strut Brace Front & Rear, R1 concept brake upgrade, 392 Spoiler, Smoked side markers, Chrome delete grill, Mopar splash guards, Mopar ambient lighting kit, Mopar door sills, Mopar bright pedals, Badges
2014 Trailhawk
Fully loaded, no mods yet
#4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 07:43 PM

(Thread Starter)
I can't even get it to connect to the DS software... what the hellllllllllllllllllllll :'(

I have windows 8 for what it's worth.
#5 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 07:58 PM

I dont have windows 8 but i do know on the diablo site i have seen a specific "click here if ur using windows 8". Otherwise I did exactly what sandshar did about 2 days before him!! Dont worry shoot....we will all get thru this together. I had difficulties the first day but ince u go thru it and you say oiooh thats how it goes its pretty easy. My only real advice however is if you want this on by the weekend call diablo tomorrow in regular business hours because there is no tech support on weekends. Im a complete noob to this whole tuning too....dont know bout sandshar.

2014 JAZZ BLUE R/T CLASSIC, 6 SPD...NO STRIPES
PB 1/4 MILE 13.193 @ 106.22, PB 60' 2.004, PB 0-60MPH 5.10 SEC
HEMI-FEVER TUNE, K&N DROP-IN, 180* TSTAT, SKIP SHIFT ELIMINATOR, CATCH CAN

SOLD 2011 BLACKBERRY SE
PB 1/4 MILE 14.568 @ 94.59, 0-60MPH 5.82 SEC
#6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 07:59 PM

(Thread Starter)
I followed their instructions for windows 8 driver install and it effing failed on the last step/

I'm so damn p'od. This stuff frustrates me.
#7 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 08:11 PM

I'm new to this world as well, I shared all I know.

Stars, this guy helped me. Very knowledgeable.

Mike Mendiburo
Tech Support
Phone: (561)-908-0040
#8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 08:15 PM

(Thread Starter)
Thanks guys... battle continues..
#9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 08:44 PM

(Thread Starter)
OK i just tried to do this on another PC with windows vista and i'm into the exact same problem with the drivers.

I'm about ready to give up and send this thing back.......

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
#10 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

I think we all been here... I know exactly how some of you guys feel. It takes some playing to get used to how it all comes together and works.
If anything is wrong with the tool DS will make it right. mine had a bad connector and they handled it, pronto. Just never give up, ever....
FlatTop

09 RT 5.7 auto,all leather,loaded. Vortech Blower,Edge 4000 stall,Mr.Trinity.
Johan, Diablotoona@gmail.com email Tuned. Transformer, Quantum blue oil
SHR Viking Trans, DSS 1000hp axle.Getrag 3:07gear.SRT springs.Dual fuel pumps. DSS alum 1pc DS. 392 cam, 1-29-13 FLATTOP built stroker motor.
3-30-14 Mokan 10:87et at 127mph 1:50 60ft DA 1870
6-24-14 Mokan 10:67et at 129mph 1:78 60ft DA 2925, 101.1mph 1/8mi
on N2o 150 shot in 2nd and 3rd
SPEED cost MONEY How FAST you wanta go ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > Performance Modifications > Tuning/Data

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode