3rd trip back at less than 3400 miles - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 08:40 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
3rd trip back at less than 3400 miles

Let me start by saying this, I love my 2012 R/T and so does everyone else especially the mechanics at Lee Dodge in FWB. I get more looks than my GF in her 2012 Camaro SS, I picked it over a Yellow Jacket, mainly because a standard is difficult to drive as I have back and hip issues. But, my car is headed into the dealership for the 3rd, yes that is a number 3, time for a gear ratio mismatch issue. I lose forward momentum until i get back down to between 30 and 10 mph. I just got it out of the shop yesterday where they said it was low tans fluid. My issue is that dealer I bought it from couldn't find the issue and really did nothing, the guy yesterday actually checked the fluid and it was low. At less than 3400 miles, yes thats three thousand four hundred, do I request a new trans? What are my options when I take it in? This will be the 3rd time it has seen a dealer in less than 2 weeks. I just bought it September 5, 2012

No upgrades other than window tint.
2012 R/T Plus
Customer Preferred Package 28J

2012 R/T Plus Pitch Black
T/A Hood - not functional.....yet
20" Cragar 610C SS
Falken FK452 245/45ZR20 99W
Blastin' Bob's Retro 2C Cat-Back exhaust system 2 1/2"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 09:20 PM

1 or 2 more X and you officially have a Lemon and get $$ or a new car

congratulations

IM GOING TO DRIVE OVER YOUR CAR
AND DO A BURNOUT ON YOUR HOOD!
#3 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 07:39 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

(Thread Starter)
after speaking with a very unconcerned idiot in the SRT dept at Dodge and an equally unconcerned service advisor where we bought the car, I took it to the dealer in FWB. The service manager was eager to assist with the repair of the car and I noticed, even though he was dressed in slacks and a nice white shirt, he had a little grease on his hands. This tells me he has no problems rolling up his sleeves and helping out. They replaced the valve body assembly and I got the car back yesterday crossing my fingers this is the fix, but even if it isn't they tried something other than tell me "we cant work off a stored code". My car will have all its servicing done here and when it comes time to buy again they will get my business.
#4 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 08:16 AM

Well Ammo,

I to have issues with mine, but proud to say that Lee is awesome. I bought mine and my wifes there and the service is outstanding. They stand on their heads to do the job right and in a timly manner.

Unfortunatly, I must take my car in yet again for issues. Paint cracking on the rubber roof strip this time. But it will be fixed and fixed right, So I'll take it to them and let them worry about that stuff, I will drive it and enjoy it!!

2012 Challenger R/T Plus Tungsten Pearlcoat

Ceramic Tint
Frankentake IV CAI
SX Strut Brace
Diablo Trinity (93 tune)
Cragar 610b S/S (Late Model)
Personalized tag "70's DNA"

Procharger (The day it comes out)
#5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

(Thread Starter)
Good luck with the repair. Since you aren't that far away we'll have to meet up somewhere to compare cars.
#6 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 09:14 PM

Hey! I'm in Crestview as well! I almost bought an R/T from Lee, but ended up buying an SRT from Baxter in Omaha.

Quote:
Since you aren't that far away we'll have to meet up somewhere to compare cars.
Sounds like a good idea--when and where?

#7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 02:16 AM

Sounds great guys, maybe sometime the weekend of the 17th???

I know there is at least one other local on here too, I think he has an SRT and is Crestview too.

PM me with contact info and we will work out the details!
#8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

(Thread Starter)
sent the car back in to Lee Dodge on Monday night, this time on the back of a flatbed, same problem. The service manager actually called the Chrysler engineering dept and gave them a wtf moment. They verified the correct wheel and tire size, I've been questioning this since the beginning since it has 18" wheels when most of the others have 20's. The tire size matches what the computer is programmed for. They then said to replace the valve body again , and this time verify it was manufactured after June of this year, sounds like some questionable parts are floating around out there. This part should be in and installed today and I hope to be back in it tonight. I noticed someone where I work has a new Stang so the parking lot needs more class
Looking forward to the mini meet in Crestview on the 17th hoping I can get away.
#9 (permalink) Old 11-07-2012, 12:06 PM

So what is accounting for low transmission fluid?

That would be my 1st question, especially if you're not noticing leaking.
#10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

(Thread Starter)
my guess is either there was an internal leak, possibly caused by the valve body, or it was just low from the factory.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > Challenger Issues & Problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode