3rd trip back at less than 3400 miles - Page 2 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#11 (permalink) Old 11-08-2012, 08:42 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I know about bad or mislabbeled parts in my business (Not automotive though). there out there trying to hold a corner of the market.

2012 Challenger 220, SXT Blackberry Pearl, Diablo I1000, FM 73/80mm.
2004 Ram 2wd 1500 345, lightly mod'd, 9" lift, FM 84mmTB
1999 Durango 4wd 360, mod'd and minor 2" lift, FM 50mmTB
not forgotten, 1993 Dakota 4wd, 318, heavily mod'd and 12" lift
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#12 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 12:49 AM

I'll never buy from Lee in Crestview. I got absolutely terrible service when I went there to go buy a new R/t. I actually found a used one up the road at Award Chevy and they were awesome to work with. Sorry to jack your thread, but I promised them I would run their name down every chance I got... Hope everything gets right with ya.
#13 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 05:59 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holster72 View Post
I'll never buy from Lee in Crestview. I got absolutely terrible service when I went there to go buy a new R/t. I actually found a used one up the road at Award Chevy and they were awesome to work with. Sorry to jack your thread, but I promised them I would run their name down every chance I got... Hope everything gets right with ya.
Your entitled to your opinion, but I'm referring to Lee in Ft Walton. I feel the same way about Hill Kelly in PCola, and that goes for sales and service. I went to look at a Yellow Jacket and drove up in our old Expedition, no-one even looked at me. I came back the next day in the Camaro my fiancée had bought the previous day across the street and we were met before we got the doors closed. Should have gone to Ft Walton that day but I couldn't pass up the car I have now.

2012 R/T Plus Pitch Black
T/A Hood - not functional.....yet
20" Cragar 610C SS
Falken FK452 245/45ZR20 99W
Blastin' Bob's Retro 2C Cat-Back exhaust system 2 1/2"

Last edited by Ammoman; 11-09-2012 at 08:58 AM.
#14 (permalink) Old 11-09-2012, 09:41 AM

Holster72.

Are you coming to the mini-meet on the 17th @ O'Quigley's?

Quote:
I'll never buy from Lee in Crestview.
I almost bought an R/T from them. I'll tell you all about my experience at the mini-meet.

Last edited by Thundersteel; 11-09-2012 at 09:42 AM.
#15 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 05:57 AM

You betcha I'm going. Was gonna go to the PC show but this is a whole lot closer
#16 (permalink) Old 11-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

sorry to hear about your plight. I suggest you call Chrysler and file a complaint to get a ticket opened. Dodge may do nothing or may do something. In my case, over 20 times to the dealer in 1 year and Dodge has done nothing so I had to sue them.
#17 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitedrifter View Post
sorry to hear about your plight. I suggest you call Chrysler and file a complaint to get a ticket opened. Dodge may do nothing or may do something. In my case, over 20 times to the dealer in 1 year and Dodge has done nothing so I had to sue them.

I actually got a call from Dodge on Tuesday morning. When I used the roadside service they opened a ticket, that opened the door. Knock on wood, so far the car is better, the shifts seem to be more aggressive, but as long as it holds the gear I'm good with it. I am back to shopping for new wheels, exhaust, cold air intake and ducts to make the scoop functional.

I hope you were given satisfaction with your situation.

Last edited by Ammoman; 11-12-2012 at 01:03 PM.
#18 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 03:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammoman View Post
Let me start by saying this, I love my 2012 R/T and so does everyone else especially the mechanics at Lee Dodge in FWB. I get more looks than my GF in her 2012 Camaro SS, I picked it over a Yellow Jacket, mainly because a standard is difficult to drive as I have back and hip issues. But, my car is headed into the dealership for the 3rd, yes that is a number 3, time for a gear ratio mismatch issue. I lose forward momentum until i get back down to between 30 and 10 mph. I just got it out of the shop yesterday where they said it was low tans fluid. My issue is that dealer I bought it from couldn't find the issue and really did nothing, the guy yesterday actually checked the fluid and it was low. At less than 3400 miles, yes thats three thousand four hundred, do I request a new trans? What are my options when I take it in? This will be the 3rd time it has seen a dealer in less than 2 weeks. I just bought it September 5, 2012

No upgrades other than window tint.
2012 R/T Plus
Customer Preferred Package 28J
Lemon law
#19 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 03:27 PM

Garage
Question

After hearing all about these different problems makes me wonder if I should buy a new Mustang instead even though the Challenger is a much nicer riding comfortable car?
#20 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,126 Times in 774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STINGRAY View Post
After hearing all about these different problems makes me wonder if I should buy a new Mustang instead even though the Challenger is a much nicer riding comfortable car?
I'd recommend doing research on Mustangs - there's an number of issues on those as well and the 'fixes' from Ford aren't holding up that well. (control arms, suspension squeaks, body panel fits, MT82 trans problems, and some electrical issues have cropped up)

2009 R/T 27J pkg (6 speed MT) ordered 7/17/08, born 10/23/08, home 11/13/08

Eibach Sportline Suspension * Hotchkis Sway Bars
Razor's Edge rear tension arms * Nitto 555 Extreme 265/50-18"
392 Cam & DiabloSport CMR tune
Hurst /G&K modded short-throw shifter
'70 Challenger R/T graphics (hood/bodyside) * Black gauge faces, lighted needles
The Following User Says Thank You to Hal H For This Useful Post:
STINGRAY (11-13-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > Challenger Issues & Problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode