3rd trip back at less than 3400 miles - Page 4 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

» Featured Product
Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > Challenger Issues & Problems

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 09:12 AM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Mustangs
Mustangs
Buying Accessories
History
Customizing

From Jonathan Lamas, your Guide to Mustangs
One of the biggest highlights to come from this year's SEMA Show in Las Vegas was Ford's reveal of their Cobra Jet Twin-Turbo Concept Mustang. This week we'll take a look at this one-of-a-kind ride.

Ford Mustang Cobra Jet Twin-Turbo Concept
Ford Motor Company unveiled a one-of-a-kind Ford Mustang twin-turbo powered Cobra Jet at the recent 2012 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. For the first time ever Ford Racing has equipped its factory-built turn-key drag racer with a turbocharged engine, adopting the same technology found on road-going EcoBoost engines... Read more
Search Related Topics: cobra jet ford racing ecoboost

Boss 302 Mustang Not Returning for 2014 Model Year
For the most part, most of us assumed the Boss 302 would only be in production for a few years, just like its classic counterpart. Well, this has now been confirmed by the folks at Ford. The revamped modern-day classic will not be returning for the 2014 model year. The 2013 Boss 302 boasts a 444-hp 5.0-liter V8 engine, producing 380 lb-ft of torque, with a 0-60 time of about 4 seconds flat... Read more

What is the Ford EcoBoost Engine?
It's been reported that Ford will introduce a twin-turbo EcoBoost powered Mustang for the 2015 model year. The last Mustangs to feature a turbo engine were the Third Generation models of the mid '80s. Rising gas prices, and a strong consumer demand for better fuel economy, are the primary reasons Ford is moving forward with the EcoBoost engine.... Read more
Search Related Topics: engines fuel economy 2010

Ford Mustang Transmission Problems?
Over the past year numerous Mustang owners have told me they are experiencing transmission related problems in their cars. After the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) officially launched an investigation, Ford conducted their own review. They reported that about three percent of transmissions were affected, and the issues did not pose a safety risk. That said, every week or so I continue to receive complaints from owners. Are you dealing with a Mustang transmission issue? Tell us about it here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2012, 05:01 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Photos: (4)
Just had the 2nd oil change, the new valve body is holding up. I upgraded wheels and tires to 20" and had the dealer calibrate the computer to the new size. She's running like a striped ape. Thanks to all that offered advise.
Falken FK452 245/45ZR20 99W
Blastin' Bob's Retro 2C Cat-Back exhaust system 2 1/2"
Old 12-19-2012, 01:18 PM

Question

Originally Posted by Ammoman View Post
Just had the 2nd oil change, the new valve body is holding up. I upgraded wheels and tires to 20" and had the dealer calibrate the computer to the new size. She's running like a striped ape. Thanks to all that offered advise.
So then what are the differences between the 18 inch and 20 inch wheels?
Advantages and disadvantages of each?
Old 12-19-2012, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by STINGRAY View Post

Mustangs
Mustangs
Buying Accessories
History
Customizing

From Jonathan Lamas, your Guide to Mustangs
One of the biggest highlights to come from this year's SEMA Show in Las Vegas was Ford's reveal of their Cobra Jet Twin-Turbo Concept Mustang. This week we'll take a look at this one-of-a-kind ride.

Ford Mustang Cobra Jet Twin-Turbo Concept
Ford Motor Company unveiled a one-of-a-kind Ford Mustang twin-turbo powered Cobra Jet at the recent 2012 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. For the first time ever Ford Racing has equipped its factory-built turn-key drag racer with a turbocharged engine, adopting the same technology found on road-going EcoBoost engines... Read more
Search Related Topics: cobra jet ford racing ecoboost

Boss 302 Mustang Not Returning for 2014 Model Year
For the most part, most of us assumed the Boss 302 would only be in production for a few years, just like its classic counterpart. Well, this has now been confirmed by the folks at Ford. The revamped modern-day classic will not be returning for the 2014 model year. The 2013 Boss 302 boasts a 444-hp 5.0-liter V8 engine, producing 380 lb-ft of torque, with a 0-60 time of about 4 seconds flat... Read more

What is the Ford EcoBoost Engine?
It's been reported that Ford will introduce a twin-turbo EcoBoost powered Mustang for the 2015 model year. The last Mustangs to feature a turbo engine were the Third Generation models of the mid '80s. Rising gas prices, and a strong consumer demand for better fuel economy, are the primary reasons Ford is moving forward with the EcoBoost engine.... Read more
Search Related Topics: engines fuel economy 2010

Ford Mustang Transmission Problems?
Over the past year numerous Mustang owners have told me they are experiencing transmission related problems in their cars. After the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) officially launched an investigation, Ford conducted their own review. They reported that about three percent of transmissions were affected, and the issues did not pose a safety risk. That said, every week or so I continue to receive complaints from owners. Are you dealing with a Mustang transmission issue? Tell us about it here...
Test drove a 2013 Mustang GT which had the 3:31 rear end. The 2012 Mustang GT I drove with the 3.73 rear end trac pac option had a noticeable amount of more acceleration. Both were 6 spd. manuals.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:08 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

Originally Posted by STINGRAY View Post
So then what are the differences between the 18 inch and 20 inch wheels?
Advantages and disadvantages of each?
still a little too early to tell all the pros and cons, other than they give it a more "Muscle car" look. take a look at my gallery and you'll see what I'm talking about. I didn't notice any ride quality change either, but I haven't driven more than 20 miles one way since getting them installed. I do know they hook up real quick and get very little wheel spin on take off unless t/c is turned off.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:21 AM

still a little too early to tell all the pros and cons, other than they give it a more "Muscle car" look. take a look at my gallery and you'll see what I'm talking about. I didn't notice any ride quality change either, but I haven't driven more than 20 miles one way since getting them installed. I do know they hook up real quick and get very little wheel spin on take off unless t/c is turned off.
After you get more driving time on those new wheels and get the air pressures up get back to us and let us know.
Thanks!
Old 12-21-2012, 04:41 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

i'm heading up to see my kids on Monday, so I'm gonna put about 800 miles on er. I'll post an update after Christmas
The Following User Says Thank You to Ammoman For This Useful Post:
STINGRAY (12-21-2012)
Old 12-21-2012, 09:47 AM

Thumbs up

i'm heading up to see my kids on Monday, so I'm gonna put about 800 miles on er. I'll post an update after Christmas
Old 12-26-2012, 08:26 AM
Lifetime Premium Member

UPDATE:
New wheels and tires were awesome on my trip. I was really appreciative of the way the tires displaced the water as I drove most of the way home in the rain. No noticeable change other than a little more road noise. Needless to say I am one happy camper!
Old 12-26-2012, 09:55 PM

Question

UPDATE:
New wheels and tires were awesome on my trip. I was really appreciative of the way the tires displaced the water as I drove most of the way home in the rain. No noticeable change other than a little more road noise. Needless to say I am one happy camper!
so your advise would be to get the optional 20 inch wheels over the 18 inch standard wheels?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > Challenger Issues & Problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.