Dodge Challenger Forum banner

A8 strange habits.

605 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Booky 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
The 2015 Challenger R/T we ordered and bought is mostly a great car but sometimes this transmission acts odd.
Sometimes when rolling along at 5-7 mph in a parking lot, it seems to FLARE when it shifts to 2nd gear. The other day it upshifted at a low speed and it actually felt as if I had been rear ended. No kidding, I looked in the mirrors expecting to see a car on my ass end.
This is not a common thing, it has only happened 5 or 6 times since we took delivery in March of 2015. It has always been at low speeds going into 2nd gear.
Is this a common thing, easy to fix? Yeah... the warranty is still in effect but if this is common but not harmful I'll just deal with it. Thanks, Greg

#2 ·
My A8 on my Hellcat behaves similar, from time to time at low speeds.

The first time I felt the "bump" when it shifted at low speed, I did the same thing as you, I looked to see if someone had tapped me from behind.

Depending on which Mode I have it in, the shifts, both up and down, can be pretty noticeable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.