Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Anti-freeze shooting into int. elect/drivers

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  sniper226 
#1 ·
2009 RT 95,000 miles daily race car. Smelled anti-freeze odor on the way home. By the the time I made it gas pedal, interior electronics soaked with anit-freeze. Pulled under-side cover and discovered a leak shooting all over the interior drivers side. Looks like the dash has to be pulled to find the leak! Any ideas where this anit-freeze is going to? Heater/Ac unit? Got to get back on the road, any comments?:mecry:

#5 ·
The heater core is in the lower-center area of dash - the coolant pipes are just to the right of the driver's right lower leg - you can actually reach up behind there and find the (hot) coolant pipes just by feel.

#6 ·
My radiator went out at about 20K on the odometer. Per the dealer, it had a crack. They did a good job cleaning the engine bay after replacing it.

Was not happy getting stranded on the highway though. Nor did I like the option of getting towed and risk damaging my front SRT spoiler.

Luckily I knew there was a problem and started driving toward the dealer. By time tow arrived, it had cooled quite a bit and I had them just follow me in case I could not make it the rest of the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.