Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Anybody have this happen?

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  bwbike 
#1 ·
As I was coming home from Orlando down I-4, raining like crazy, I hit a puddle, before I could correct my car corrected itself, and I noticed the ABS light & Traction control light came on. When it was safe I pulled over, turned the car off, and restarted. The did not come back on. A few miles later another puddle & the same thing happened. Is this normal or do I have a issue?.

#3 ·
Thanks, the only thing I know is it scared the crap out of me, even after driving over forty years in the rain here in Florida.

#4 ·
I know. I was coming north of Jupiter in the rain with the Goodyear f1's and the SRT started to loose rear traction. That was over 3 years ago and I still have the stain in my pants....

#5 ·
well, got up this morning, took a drive to pick up some stuff, about a mile into the drive the ABS & traction lights came back on. I have a maintenence at my dealer coming up so I'll go there & see what's what.

#6 ·
Tinman,

Be sure to keep us posted on how things go at your dealer!

Reactions: Tinman
#7 ·
My dealer said it's the ABS Wheel Speed Sensor, and He's not sure if they need to replace or reset. I have it scheduled for this thursday, they were slammed today with cars.
They only drag is that I know the ABS will not work correctly until this is fixed, so going to drive when I have to, and be VERY careful.

#9 ·
#8 ·
Forgot to post this:
3/5/2015 19,632
Indicator/Warning Lights ABS light on Customer states Went through puddle and ABS trac control light came on and is still on check and advise
$0.00 Serviced by the dealer.

Reactions: Kwilkinsgolf
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.