Dodge Challenger Forum banner

CD Player Issue

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JKHolman 
#1 ·
I have a bare-bones R/T Challenger without the nav. screen or anything like that. Over the last couple of months, I have noticed that when I have a CD in the car, it will randomly eject without me pressing the button. It started off as a rare occurrence, but now it does this every 10-15 minutes worth of driving on average. Sometimes more, sometimes less. This occurs both when I have the CD playing and when I am listening to a radio station.

Questions:
Is this a common thing among challengers?
Is there a way to tell if it is the CD's I listen to rather than the Challenger's CD player?
How should I go about getting this taken care of?

#4 ·
...worth a try.

On a previous vehicle with a CD player, I had this problem. A fellow on the forum suggested I get a CD cleaner (disc) and play it in the problem CD player over & over for at
least twenty times. It took me nearly thirty applications, but eventually it worked. The CD player was never top notch (used car), but at least I was able to play CDs reasonably. :thumbsup:

good luck,

JKHolman

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.