Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Check Engine Code P2066, Engine Stalled on Highway... HELP!!

20K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Morgankay83 
#1 ·
So two days ago I was coming home from a 30 mile commute and my check engine light came on. The car seemed to be running totally normal and there was no lack of power and it seemed to be idling fine. The only bit that I did notice is that it would not push into eco mode when on the highway after the check engine light came on.

Yesterday I went and had the code pulled by my local pep boys, to find that the code was pulling P2066 for a fuel level sensor. The guy at Pep Boys said it shouldn't leave me stranded, so I thought I would drive it right to the dealership and have it looked at just to be safe since I'm still in warranty. On my way down to the dealer going about 65 MPH on the highway, the gas pedal went soft and it was sputtering out.

I pulled over and tried to get her to turnover, the first 2 attempts it started and then immediately cut out. Then the next few attempts it just wouldn't kick over and had almost a slight whining sound.:smiledown:

I did just get my car back a week ago from a minor traffic accident (fender bender no engine components or fluids needed to be removed) but I don't believe this would have anything to do with it. The dealer said they would need to run some more diagnostics but they suspect that it has something to do with the fuel system, but they won't have an answer until tomorrow.:SHOCKED:

**EDIT** I forgot to mention that I tried to clear the code by disconnecting the battery the first night it came on thinking it may just be a computer problem, but even disconnecting the battery did not turn off the light! Weird, right?

Has anybody experience a similar problem or can any of you wrench heads shed any light on this one?

See less See more
#3 ·
This is what I had originally thought as well, but when I mentioned that to the dealers service advisor after Chrysler roadside assistance towed me over there he looked at me as if I was stupid and said that wouldn't set off the check engine light.

I actually got a call today from the dealership saying they "think" its the fuel pump and are ordering me one but they are backordered so they don't know when its going to come in. After asking for a loaner car, apparently they "don't offer" loaners for their customers.

I understand policies, and its a mechanical component that failed which they sometimes can't help since its a manufactured good. But at least if it happens, most car companies and dealerships would loan their customer a vehicle if you spent $35K with them.

This irritates the hell out of me.

#4 ·
same problem

hey! i am having the same exact problem with my 2010 dodge challenger rt.... I went to the dealership 3 times and they did not find the problem yet. It is a waste of time and gas. I have had a couple of conversations with mechanics and they mentioned that the fuel pump is weak. When i crank in the morning, it would hesitate to crank. The dealership told me to replace my "fuel transfer pump" located on the right side of the tank. I purchased it and fixed it myself. There was also a fuel leak coming from the right side of the vehicle. So that is what made me replace the pump. Now i have a new fuel pump and once i install it tomorrow morning i will update you all. Good luck!!

#5 ·
Help same issue, i already replaced my fuel sending unit, i popped the same code and stalled out on the highway. Ive already checked fuses and relays. The unti was bad cause i ran out of gas reading at 1/2. After my brisk walk to the gas station for fuel it started for a brief 40 secs and shut its self back down. Is there a special priming sequence or something for these? Code didnt clear off the dash either, but maybe cause it hasnt run long enough?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.