Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Clutch Pedal Vibration

7K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  FourMopars 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

I have about 350 miles on my GWE SRT8 now, just got it Monday. I need to update my pic! Anyway, wondering if you guys notice and vibration in your clutch pedal on your foot when its depressed. I do, wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one. Thanks.

#3 ·
I noticed it right away with the engine rpm over 4k the pedal vibrates the dealer says it is the twin disc clutch..........The twin in my KW does not do this but it only spins 2100 rpm. I have had mcleod twin discs that did not do this but it has not gotten any worse in 2500 miles

#18 ·
I've been doing a little searching through threads and found this. A little discouraging. I'm having the same problem. I was thinking the throwout bearing is hosed. My '10 RT never did this, and from what I've read they have the same clutch setup. It's going in Monday for several issues. We'll see what they say.

#6 ·
Does the 6.1 have the dual disc clutch? I drove a 09 SRT and a 10 STR that did not do this.
But there are 2 friction plates and a separator plate in a dual disc setup so there is a lot more stuff spinning on the end of the crank and the input shaft of the trans.

#9 ·
Mine does it to.. not alot.. but notice it.

Now in my off road buggy... its REALLY noticeable... but it has a 9" Triple Disc Kennedy Clutch... mated to a built LS6 making 550hp (with no power adders.. all engine)

#12 ·
The gears would make sense... as I mentioned I experience it in my buggy as well.. the transaxle in that car is SUPER NOISY... I thought it was my throwout bearing for a while, and replaced it.. but it still did it.. so I contacted Mendeola (who makes the tranny).. and they said it was normal.

#16 ·
2011 GwE R/T Classic here. I have the same vibration in the clutch pedal when shifting at high RPM.

I never had any of the vibrations, noise or cluch vibrations with the Borg Warner T5 in my Firebird.

I was getting a little concerned with this along with the rearend clunk but it sounds like all the manual trans challengers are doing this.

#19 ·
I have the same thing. My '09 SRT8 did it and my '11 392 does it also. Just mine is a vibration at idle. When I press the clutch in it goes away. I EVEN changed the clutch on my '09 and it didnt help. So since the '11 is under warrenty, let it be!

#20 ·
Yes, my 2011 392 does it.

A buddy of mine with a 2010 SRT 8 Challenger just had his Clutch, Flywheel and throw out bearing replaced under warranty. My buddy said it was difficult to the get the transmission out of or into gear. I don't have any further information, but when I get it I will pass it on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.