Deceptive Marketing: Harmon Kardon 900 Watt Stereo System - Page 4 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > Challenger Issues & Problems

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 06:23 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Originally Posted by HighVoltage View Post
The HK stereo is a disgrace to the HK name. It sucks unless you listen to rap or hip hop.
I'm actually pretty eclectic as well, but my default music is hip-hop.
Why do you say it's only good for hip-hop/rap?
Strong bass?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2012, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by the727kid View Post
I don't really think you can get anything done here but I guess it's a shot. My advice would be to just upgrade, take your loss and as a lesson learned. Not worth stressing this much about.
I'm not stressing, but I am a man of principle. You do not lie to me and cheat me and get away with it. I don't think I've met a bigger advocate for Chrysler over the last few decades than me. I've owned more than 50 of their cars (many SRTs) and probably converted 100's of people resulting in who knows how many sales. I've even converted high net worth individuals to the brand...something that is unheard of and something that Chrysler can't figure out for the life (or bankruptcy) of them. Chrysler has a choice, tell the truth and be honorable or alienate their loyal customers. I can very easily cost Chrysler a loss of many hundreds of sales and loyalty just as I have formed them in the past.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Randy M View Post
Really? Are you guys audiophiles with high discerning tastes in systems or something? I have the OEM Alpine system in my 2012 Ram. It doesn't set the world on fire but it suits me ok. You guys are making the HK system sound like an AM radio in the original '70 Challenger lol.

Hopefully later today or tomorrow I'm taking delivery of my SRT8 with this HK system in it and you guys are upsetting me...
Look at the videos and you will see for yourself!

I think you are going to be majorly disappointed later today or tomorrow
Old 08-21-2012, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Rpaulg87 View Post
I kinda prefer pounding low bass and mid with some rock tunes in the Challenger, fits the mood, I have no experience with the HK system, but I have NEVER liked them in my parents cadalics or range rovers. And yeah, all stock systems are a lie wattage and actual speaker wise, they say 12 speakers but if it's a single 3-way 6x9 or 6.5, they put it down as 2-3 speakers even though it is ONE, wattage wise they only rate PEAK from my understanding, which you never reach unless you crank it to 30+ I never need mine above 22.

The stock SRT Kicker system I like, though it lacks mid-bass and the tremble on notes voice wise can actually hurt my right ear with rock at times it's just too "shrill" compared to my older Infinity Kappas in my Toyota, basic fact is stock speakers aren't that good, and we have a built in cross-over under the dash so upgrading unless you get a epiccenter or something to regain everything it cuts off stock for proper sound, you are screwed
The HK system in BMWs are just fine. It's not HK, it's Chrysler and their deceptive marketing and false claims.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by skeety View Post

kidding aside, we ALL know factory systems are sub-par. I accept that.
I agree with you opinion on this HK system, but I do disagree that ALL factory systems are subpar. I've never had an issue with the other Chrysler cars I have owned with stock systems. They were all good enough. The stock BMW and other German systems are all very good.

This HK system is so bad that it is like someone went out of their way to really make it sound annoying!
Old 08-21-2012, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by the727kid View Post
You guys bash it so bad I want to hear it. I'll convince someone at the dealer to let me listen when I get my oil changed. They owe me a favor since their lift caught on fire and were far behind on changes today.
Watch the Videos!!
Old 08-21-2012, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Fully_Amazing View Post
Does the Kicker Sub still come in SG II package?

Also, it would help if the people that say this is an awful system, would post their music of choice and what levels you're listing to. (most of the time)

The reason I'm asking is because I really wanted this system... And now I'm just thinking I'll skip.
It does not matter what you are listening to. The sound reproduction is inaccurate and abysmal. Watch the videos and you will see.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Thundersteel View Post
I think the point of contention is that for $2,000, it should be relatively close to an audiophile-grade system, but it's not.

Actually, it's $2000 for a system that is exponentially worse than virtually all current base model stock system. It's worse than my $20 home computers...no joke. Watch the videos!!
The Following User Says Thank You to thesrt8 For This Useful Post:
73XBGT (05-17-2013)
Old 08-21-2012, 06:55 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Toxic11 Send a message via AIM to Toxic11
Originally Posted by HighVoltage View Post
The HK stereo is a disgrace to the HK name. It sucks unless you listen to rap or hip hop.

Well to be fair.. HK doesn't really mean much in the world of the Audiophile. Some of the best brands, are the brand's you have never heard of.

When you outlay the chunk of change for these systems you are essentially paying for the nav unit. Which if it included lifetime free maps, wouldn't be such a big gripe, but considering we also get RAPED on map updates, it sure makes it even less palatable!

I have never heard an OEM audio system in any car that really floored me. I have not heard the Mark Levinson systems that were installed in some high end Fords and Lincolns though.

Great video of a Lexus/Levinson setup, watch in 1080P. Still nearly impossible to capture the true sound without a studio mic, but it sounds pretty darn good on my PC, running a pair of JBL62 Studio Monitors refitted with Ribbon Tweeters and Kevlar 6.25" Mids, 10" Sub and 110x110 Onkyo M282

2011 Toxic Orange

2011-2029 A Sparkly Moose Beaver Production

www.toxic11.com

Last edited by Toxic11; 08-21-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Toxic11 View Post
Well to be fair.. HK doesn't really mean much in the world of the Audiophile. Some of the best brands, are the brand's you have never heard of.

When you outlay the chunk of change for these systems you are essentially paying for the nav unit. Which if it included lifetime free maps, wouldn't be such a big gripe, but considering we also get RAPED on map updates, it sure makes it even less palatable!

I have never heard an OEM audio system in any car that really floored me. I have not heard the Mark Levinson systems that were installed in some high end Fords and Lincolns though.

LEXUS CT200h Mark Levinson

Great video of a Lexus/Levinson setup, watch in 1080P. Still nearly impossible to capture the true sound without a studio mic, but it sounds pretty darn good on my PC, running a pair of JBL62 Studio Monitors refitted with Ribbon Tweeters and Kevlar 6.25" Mids, 10" Sub and 110x110 Onkyo M282
Look at the GM video. Stock system with great sound reproduction. You can even hear it with the crappy cellphone camcorder!

I'm of the opposite camp, most stock systems are just fine, even very good, to my ears. The SRT HK system is beyond bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > Challenger Issues & Problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.