Deceptive Marketing: Harmon Kardon 900 Watt Stereo System - Page 6 - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums
Dodge Challenger Forum Dodge Challenger Forum

Auto Insurance

Wheel & Tire Center

» Featured Product
Go Back   Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > Challenger Issues & Problems

ChallengerTalk.com is the premier Dodge Challenger Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 02:00 PM

Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Toxic11 Send a message via AIM to Toxic11
Sat radio is NOT what it was when it was JUST XM. The channels are so compressed now, it all sounds like crap, not to mention the play lists are crap. I'd rather listen to Pandora!

2011 Toxic Orange

2011-2029 A Sparkly Moose Beaver Production

www.toxic11.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Toxic11 For This Useful Post:
rcola330 (01-10-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2012, 02:20 PM
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I agree. I think the regular radio sounds much better than xm
Old 08-22-2012, 02:51 PM

Question for those in the business. What would it take $$$wise to put a true audiophile system into our cars without losing Nav, hands free phone and the ability to plug in a memory stick into the center console?
Old 08-22-2012, 03:03 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Without labor I would say $2000ish for a something really nice.

MECP Advanced Autotech

Audio Mods:
Alarm: Viper 5902
Head Unit: AppRadio 2
Front Stage (Fully Active):
Tweeters: Image Dynamics CD1-Pro Mini Horns
Amplifier: Kicker IX500.4 Bridged
Mid-Bass: Sundown Audio Neo 8"
Amplifier: Kicker IX500.4 Bridged
Processing: JBL MS-8
Old 08-22-2012, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Randy M View Post
Really? Are you guys audiophiles with high discerning tastes in systems or something? I have the OEM Alpine system in my 2012 Ram. It doesn't set the world on fire but it suits me ok. You guys are making the HK system sound like an AM radio in the original '70 Challenger lol.

Hopefully later today or tomorrow I'm taking delivery of my SRT8 with this HK system in it and you guys are upsetting me...
Don't know what these guys are hearing...I Love my HK system!
Old 08-22-2012, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by ROBOCOP View Post
My biggest complaint is that my rear tweeters right behind the front seats have been blown since day 1. They just crackle. I just havent had time to go back to the dealer.
What a coincidence. My driver side rear tweeter also rattles since day 1. Oh well, I got 17 left - LOL
35 tint all around
9500 ci
SX catch can

Old 08-22-2012, 05:40 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Originally Posted by MoparOhio View Post
Man, I have the B Accoustics system in my SE... FM is superb but Sirius is tinny... I am thinkin about getting an RT Classic in the Spring and was going to get the 730 with NAV.... you guys are scarin me... I love mine except for the terrible sounding Sirius...
I had the BA system with the 430 NAV in my Challenger Classic. Hated the speakers and amp. I kept the stock head unit but replaced the front and rear speakers with German Maestro, replaced the sub with a JL Audio Challenger stealthbox (12" sub) and replaced the amp with JL Audio 450/4 and 500/1 amps. My system sounds immensely better now.

And if you're trying to determine system sound quality I would not use radio or satellite. They both sound awful. I would always go with an original music CD to compare systems.

Mods: BT Catch Can, Airaid CAI, BT Underhood Dress-up Kit, BT Challenger Cup Holder Bezel, BT Challenger Shift Insert, T-Rex Upper Class Black Mesh Grille, T-Rex Upper Class Black Bumper Mesh Grille, T-Rex T1 Series Mesh Hood Scoop, custom radio background, JL Audio Challenger Stealthbox, JL Audio 450/4 amp, JL Audio 500/1 amp, German Maestro Epic EV6508 6" coax speakers, German Maestro Concept CC6508 6" coax speakers.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:54 PM

I am not sure if my car is a fluke or something but I have a 12 SRT8 with the 730 radio and base speaker system(basically no 2,000 extra)

Originally Posted by skeety View Post
With the 730N system, yes.

With the 430, I'm not sure..but I still think yes...
Old 08-22-2012, 08:20 PM

HK

good posts. I agree the system is marketed to imply one is buying audiophile quality sound, but it is far from it...surround or stereo...the audio adjustment features are very limited....I was expecting dolby surround sound, star wars blow me out of my seat type experience...not so, but at least CNN, and the playboy channel come in clear. The unit does have a lot of computer stuff..that i would probably not use.. but the navigation, traffic, weather sirius extras do work nice... I do have that fancy speaker box in the spare tire trunk area (would have preferred a spare, jack and tire tool, and i have no clue if its even plugged in....i cannot tell the difference and i often wondered if its my lack of knowledge about the system that is limiting the potential of the equipment
Old 08-22-2012, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Toxic11 View Post
Sat radio is NOT what it was when it was JUST XM. The channels are so compressed now, it all sounds like crap, not to mention the play lists are crap. I'd rather listen to Pandora!

Spot-on.

Sat service sucks. My RER sounds great (albeit to me) on FM, CD and hard drive. The Sat fidelity is almost as good as 1960s AM in the desert between Reno and Las Vegas.........
1970 Challenger R/T SE, 440 Magnum, E5 red, black top, black bumblebee. 2009 Challenger SRT8, 6speed, sunroof, nav, MP Corsa, K&N CAI, one of those clear blue tuner thingys, a nasty door ding, bald rear tires, hops like a bunny , stripe-delete, PR3 cop-attracting-red and some Land Cruisers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums > General, Performance, and Technical > General Challenger Discussion > Challenger Issues & Problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.